Sunday, January 7, 2007

~ Sunday Fairies ~

          


Yes, it's a bit of theme this afternoon :)  Let me know if you have a favorite ::grin:::  Notice, not one snowflake!  LOL Just like outside, here anyway.  The news is reporting that will change this evening, so I thought I'd stay away from the white stuff.... for now. 

 

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.  Mine didn't start out the greatest.  It actually started about 3 am when I was woken up rather rudely by the local police.  No they were not knocking on my door, or ringing my phone, they were just ringing their sirens.  Did I say ringing?  No, they were squealing and howling them!  I am not sure how long it took me to wake up, but when I did I just laid there.  When it didn't stop I crawled to the end of my bed, moved my blinds and peered out my window.  It sounded like they were sitting right out front, but why the hell did they not turn off the sirens????  I could see nothing and I was not going to be able to sleep with that noise so I came out to the living room to see if I could see anything.  No flashing lights, no voices, just the howl of the sirens.  WTF!?!  Don't they usually turn the sirens off when they arrive at their destination?  If they were still heading there, why was the sound not going away?  I growled to myself and continued to look... for something.  Then I thought maybe it was someone's car alarm, but surely they heard it, why haven't they shut if off!?!  It seemed like I was up a good 30 minutes and then went back to bed and buried my head in the pillows.   I have no idea how long it was before I fell back asleep, but eventually I did.  Today I asked my sister as well as a neighbor and neither heard a thing.  Nothing on the news..... could I have dreamt the whole thing?  No, I was awake.  I got up, I turned on the PC.  So what the hell happened??  Not sure, but when I did get up 'for real'  I was not happy.  I hate my sleep disrupted like that.  Makes me cranky. 

 

I did some work on editing a picture for a friend.  It's pretty intense, but let me tell you I love the challenge.  I am hoping I can get it looking good.  It's going to take a bit longer then I anticipated, as my eyes started to bug out and I had to stop.  With any luck, a bit every few hours, and it will be completed.  Keep your fingers crossed. 

 

I know several mentioned not hearing music on journals.  Joe posted an entry awhile back on a fix.  Check it out, it's rather simple and it does work.  Good Luck!  FIX SOUND ON JOURNALS  <--- clicky

 

Right now I'm feeling a bit of a headache but I don't think it has to do with the picture.  I think I'm a bit tired.  A busy day yesterday, disrupted sleep, and up fairly early.  Maybe a nap?  ROFLMAO!!!!  I think if I nap now I will be up all night.  I might just lay my ass on the couch and watch football.  NE is beating the Jets currently........   I have too many friends in both areas... I'll keep my mouth shut ::evil grin::: 

 

I did get a few Valentine graphics done, I will put them up in my evening entry.  Yes, fair warning I will have another entry.  Enjoy the rest of your afternoon........... early evening...... evening... weekend...

 

Hugs

~d

 

                          

 

            

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

 I love them all but really love the bright red one.  Thanks for the cat tag by the way, Love it..  They have their emergency siren right behind out house in the woods, no way we could ever sleep through that and my dog hates it.

                         Julie

Anonymous said...

I hate when stuff like that happens, and you're the only one awake and aware!    Ole Boy sleeps through tornadoes.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

we have the sun:) but it bitter cold brrrr and we also have the wind for poor visability. have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

Fingers and eyes are crossed Donna! I live near a fire station and hear that noise a lot at night. I don't think the police (over here at least) are allowed to sound sirens at that time of night, especially in a neighbourhood. They seem to flout the law, who's going to say anything to them?! I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. I hope the headache clears too, that can be caused by tiredness. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Iam like Jeannette of the belief ,that after a certain time the police arent allowed to have sirens blaring after a certain time ,so dont know what it was ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

neat graphics. yeah that is werid about the sirens I awoke to them the other night behind us but as uusual not a word in the paper about it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's never nice to have your sleep disrupted, and even worse if you don't know why. Hope you manage to catch up tonight, Donna.

Anonymous said...

Yawn!! Are we on the same wave length or what ?? Mine was Pickles trying to jump on the bed, because the cats freaked her out. Then again nice and early this morn. to go outside. And a headache too boot. I'll blame it on the freaky NY weather huh?
It's raining now, but it is chilly enough to snow. Maybe , perhaps, but i'm not holding my breathe. I love the top fairy!! It's a rare treat to see them with dark hair.
Love Ya, Indigo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great Pics !!!! You Made me laugh about your interrupted sleep (sorry but it was funny) Cause im just as bad  if i dont get a full night im as cranky as hell too!!
kerryanne

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna
Are you sure that wasn't your fire alarm that woke you up?  When the batteries get low, they do wierd things like making noise to attract your attention.  Sorry your sleep was interrupted.  I hope that headache goes away, I know how hard it is towork on the computer with a headache.  The graphics are nice, but I particularly like the last one that says "Magical."  Very nice work.
Sam

Anonymous said...

man I never knew you had music. I finally came back and pulled up not just the entry but the whole jouranl and you do have music!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the top one....night fairy.  But, they are all really pretty!
I wonder what it was that woke you up??  Did you find out yet?
Get some rest tonight.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I love them all, very nice work!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Was the ringing in your head?? when your neighbours didn`t hear it lol!!! nice tags as always...
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

I love the red wing one
hugs, marina

Anonymous said...

As always they are beautiful.
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/