Monday, January 29, 2007

~ One Difference ~

Yes, you can actually see the house and lights in this graphic unlike at my house.  I'm wiped out.  It was a long busy Monday.  After dinner I sat on the couch to relax and just veg out.  Before I knew it I was laying and sound asleep, that is until my phone rang.  Steve called to tell me thanks for yesterday and to go on with what his girlfriend had to say.  She had fun too and looks forward to another day.  YEAH!  She didn't think I was some geeky Mom.  Believe me he would have told me if she thought that.  I got up to get a drink and when I came back into the front room I moved the curtains to look outside.  What did I see?  Nothing.  Not a damn thing but white!  It's coming down fast and furious right now.  The news is reporting as much as 2 inches an hour and it's to go on until mid day tomorrow.  I guess I haven't knocked on wood hard enough, nearly enough, or something.  I can see the glow of the street lights but that is about it.  I can't make out the actual bulb, just the yellow surrounding it, and it's at the end of my driveway!   What traffic is out there is moving at a snails pace and even that slow the cars are throwing clouds of snow along their path.  Oh the joy of the morning commute!  I already have a good 3-4 inches on my car. 

 

I had done a few graphics the other day for times like these............ 'calgon, take me away!'   LOL  I'm off to bed.  I have a feeling the ride in is going to be long and frustrating.  HEY!  Stop that!  Stop that clapping!!  I know you're thrilled this is a nice short entry after the extremely long ones the last few days :)~   Good Night... stay warm.

 

Hugs

~d

 

                  DsDesignsBathTime.gif

 

                        DsDesignsCalgonTakeMeAway.gif

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm all that snow, I'd call in sick, stay in jammies, make some hot chocolate and curl up on couch all day. Keep warm, stay safe. ((((((((hugs)))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

So glad your dinner went well.  Sounds like you finally got your snow too.  The girl sounds really nice too, I think you can tell right away.  I have three sons and sometimes thats not the way it works out.  So I'm happy for you.  Joni

Anonymous said...

No clapping, I love reading your journal!!  Glad your son's girlfriend had a good time and liked you, glad you liked her, too!!  I hope you can skip work and stay in tomorrow..... how do you know when it's a snow day, when work closes down!??

Joann

Anonymous said...

stay safe and warm:) and becareful

Deb

Anonymous said...

Glad things went so well at dinner the other night. So your getting lots of snow ....send some my way would ya   Stay safe

Love & Hugs  Diane

Anonymous said...

Glad the girlfriend liked you lol. Stay safe and warm.
Best wishes
Debbie

Anonymous said...

How lovely for Steve to think his Mum and girlfriend liked each other ,more snow oh no ,be careful going to work wont you ? love Jan xx PS love the water effect on the first bath xx

Anonymous said...

ah they are already sending out warnings for us for Thursday. Of course we have had so many false alarms we like yeah duh. Drive safe stay warm. Love your graphics that was so sweet of your son and his girl sounds sweet too

Anonymous said...

I wish you could send some of that snow to us!!!  Can't believe it's almost February and we haven't even received 1 inch of snow!!  Be careful going into work this morning!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Send some snow my way, I will take it, ehehhe
Glad the girlfriend liked you :P

Love ya and be careful drivign to work
jennifer

Anonymous said...

Is that Britney staring into the water to see if that's where her underpants are?  ~Mary

Anonymous said...

all i can say, is again, be careful, wear layers. I hate the winter.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love the graphics in this one.  I have a 45 minute commute every morning and I understand dreading it in the snow!  Linda

Anonymous said...

The problem with living so far north is that they makeyou go to work on days like this.  If we had even an inch of snow here in Savannah, we would be in gridlock and all businesses closed for the day, LOL.  Be careful on that morning commute!  Glad to hear Steve's girlfriend liked the time she spent with you and that she thinks you are nice.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You are having plenty of the white stuff, you can keep it over there we have spring here in the UK mmmmm just lovely feeling the sun all warm on the face,lol
keep safe. Thank you for the graphic its perfect,
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

  You just keep your snow there, LOL.  I am waiting for ours to melt.

           Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the girlfriend liked you.  I knew she would!  Stay safe and warm.  It's raining here.  Just a little bit though. Enough to make the roads slick.
Be careful.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Not like you PLEASE.....that would be so hard to do. Sorry about all the snow...ours is gone already, but they are giving it, so who knows, but it is cold as heck!!
Michele

Anonymous said...

so glad the gf liked you it makes life easier love the graphics V