Friday, January 5, 2007

TGIF!!!

Y'all are so sweet.  Thank you so much for the emails of concern when I didn't post yesterday.  I only took a power nap at work on Wednesday, it was not a sign of me being sick.  Your concern is so appreciated, but I am fine. 

 

I got home from work yesterday and ate a quick dinner and it was off to a wake.  My cousin's wife passed away.  It is a somewhat odd situation with that part of the family.  My father's brother got divorced when his 3 children were fairly small.  He remarried a woman who had adopted a daughter during her previous marriage.  I basically grew up only knowing the daughter.  The other children were not around for family functions etc.  It was in no way an amicable divorce.  Years and years had gone by and every once in awhile we would see the other children.  Sad, but true.  I would venture to say it was a good 25 years that had gone by without seeing my cousin.  I only recently was in contact with him because his wife had worked at my old dentist office.  It's such a shame that divorce can do that to families.  Sad that I only got to know her a bit, she was a great lady full of life and always smiling.  No doubt she was welcomed home with open arms. 

 

When I got home I was sifting through what seemed like a gazillion pieces of mail.  I also learned that alerts were down, both new entry and comments. That is if you were lucky enough and were able to leave a comment.  Grrrrrr  AOL, gotta love it, eh?  So I made my rounds, commented when I could, and decided since alerts were down and I had about 50 requests for my cat tag I'd do that.  Ohhh and AOL was lovely, it gave me such a hard time emailing them out!  When I got fed up I logged off and went to bed.  I did finally get the rest of the tags out today so if you or someone you know didn't get theirs have them email me at mydsdesigns@aol.com  Who knows if the comments even went through!  I did double check and it seems I got them all, but who the hell knows anymore.

 

I talked to my son today and his first night back was good.  He had no issues staying up all night but I think tomorrow he'll be dragging.  They have already offered him as much OT as he can handle.  No doubt he will grab a bit to help get some money back in his bank account.  He wants to start saving more then he was before and is seriously thinking of buying his own home.  I would love to see him do that, it's a very smart investment.  One step at a time I told him........

 

I am thrilled it is Friday, but right now I'm on a second wind and wide awake.  I am hoping when I finish this I can jump in bed and fall asleep fairly quickly.   I don't want to be dragging my ass all day tomorrow.  My snags tonight are all over the board.  A little of this and a little of that.  In the next few days I will try and get some Valentine ones up.  I know it isn't far off, but in my head it's too early.  LOL   I just want to mess with everything I have.   I did get a great link for tutorials today.  The graphics are pretty nice.  Not sure if I will do any, but I know the last time I mentioned tut's several of you asked for the link ......... so here it is.  Tutorials   Check it out, you might find something you like :)

 

YIKES!!!  Just saw the time and I need to get to bed.  I have a few things to do tomorrow.  More later.

Hope everyone had a great week and has a wonderful weekend!

 

Hugs

~d

 

      

 

         

 

                     

 

                              

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a great weekend:) sorry about your cousins wife so sad. but glad you got to go to the wake.

Deb

Anonymous said...

Families are funny old things, the good thing was that you had a good relationship with your cousins wife and that`s what counts the here and now. I loved the first tag so much I`ve snagged it and all so true! Thanks Donna have a great day!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your cousins wife. I'm glad Steve had a good day at work, I know the night shift can be tiring, I did it for three years. Have a great weekend Donna! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased Steves first shift back went ok ,Maurice is on nights so Iknow how tiring it can be ,any more kips on the couch ,lol ?for you ,so sorry about your cousins wife ,its a shame the way families lose touch ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You made a very heartfelt tribute to your cousin.....you are so awesome. Yes, it is a shame how families split into pieces after a divorce. I am SO glad your son is back at work and doing so well. He had a damn good mama, which doesnt hurt. AOL sucks beyond words. UGH!   I got my precious cat tag, thank you!
XO XO XO
lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I fiugred whent here was no entry ti was due to alerts so I plan on spending my Saturday cathcing up seeing who did what during the outage. Im glad your okay yes divorce does creat terrible ramifactations if not civil we have been there in our own family and seen what it does. It caused a ten year separation in Todds family!!!!!!!! till his dad died. worst of all the children are useless and envious. Its so sad

Anonymous said...

glad your son is thinking about the future, Have a wonderful weekend, Missy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

First of all love the graphics with sayings on them..so snagged..thanks bunches!
I am so sorry for your loss...keeping your cousin in my thoughts and prayers....
Hope you have a good weekend Donna
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the death, D.  LOL at the tuts.  Just when I'm trying not to smoke...hehe.. You know me and tuts just don't mesh.  There are some lovely tags though on the link.  Have a good weekend.  Love the top tag...well, love them all but that one is my favorite.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Very cute graphics and you know how much I love the quote one you gave me yesterday!!  My family isn't close at all, so I get where you are coming from about not seeing people in years.  I haven't seen my own brothers and sister in over 4 years!  Happy to hear your son had a good night at work.  Working nights has a way of kicking you in the ass though after the first night, so I am sure he will be exhausted by tonight.  Wouldn't that be wonderful for him to buy his own home?!?!?  I know someone that would help him decorate it that's for sure.  Proud Momma!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope your son meets all of his goals for this year.  Good luck to him!
Pretty graphics as always.  I snagged a couple.  Hope you have a good weekend.
Pam