Monday, January 1, 2007

~ Lisa Pea ~

This graphic and entry has got to be the hardest I've ever done.  I've been in tears off and on all morning.  I can't decide if they are lonely sad tears, happy proud ones, or a little of both.  I do think both!  You may remember me mentioning my niece Lisa who is off to study in Spain for the next 5 months.  She leaves tomorrow and my heart already aches.  She's so grown up and has such a busy life I don't see her as often as I'd like, but it's nice to know I can pick up the phone at any time to say 'hey.'    We'll have to figure something out there as I know I cannot go all that time without hearing her.

 

She, as well as her sister, will probably kill me for this picture.  If I know them, they will tear it apart saying how horrible they look.  LOL  I on the other hand think they are both beautiful!  ALWAYS!!  Lisa on the right, Carrie on the left.  I love them both and am so proud of what they have accomplished in their lives.  I say my heart aches, and I can only imagine what is going through Carrie's head and heart.  It amazes me at how close they are.  Ohh... and her parents... OMG!!!  My son moved only miles away and it hurt... I can't imagine my sister and brother in law's feelings.  Lost without her no doubt!  Luckily all 3 of them will go for a visit in Feb. 

 

Le..... I am not even sure what to say.  I know you'll be back, but I have so many memories of days gone by.  The pictures of you as a baby sent while I was in Texas.  Cabbage patch baby no doubt!  How I longed to tickle those chunky little baby thighs, those dark eyes that sparkled and the cheeks that were so damn rosy.  You were one beautiful baby!  Remind me, did you have static head like Carrie?  LOL All the sleep overs Steve had there.  He'd kill me if I posted some of the pictures, but let me just say you've been a great cousin to him.  A great friend!  I don't know that anyone else could get him to .......

ohhhhhhh better not say, but no doubt you will laugh as you thinkof the 'dress up' days. 

 

Watching you grow up has been a blast!  Getting to know you as a young adult, even better!  You've accomplished so damn much in your young life and will accomplish so much more.  I know all your dreams and wishes will come true, you deserve them!   Your time in Spain will be an experience of a life time and I can't wait to get all the details, see the pictures, and have you home!  I want you to know the entire family is so proud of you and look forward to the growth you gain from all this.  We will miss you each and every day and hope you are having a blast!  We love you Lisa Pea... we want for you to be happy and live life to the fullest.  Have all your dreams come true!  I will miss you Le.. more then I could ever express.. but know it... Know I love you!  (and I CAN say that!)

 

Sweet trip Le... have fun.. enjoy... and learn all you can!  I am only a whisper away :)

 

Lots of Love, Hugs, and Kisses

~ Aunt Donna

 


                                     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah that is a sad happy kind of thing It must be so hard for the mom. and you too. they are BOTH beautiful very much so

Anonymous said...

Aww, this is such a great entry for your niece. And I agree, they are both beautiful!
And what's this about that handsome son of yours playing dress up? LOL I'll give you ten bucks to post pictures of that, hehe.
It'll be hard, but she'll be back before you know it. And you always have us! (Not that that's much of a comfort, hmm? LOL) Love ya D.

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

ahw D that picture is so sweet - i'm sure she'll have a blast and miss you all the same while shes away.  Hugs stacey xxxxx ps have a great trip lisa xxxx

Anonymous said...

D, both of the girls are just gorgeous.  What a wonderful opportunity for her!  I know it has to be very hard to let go once again.  Will she have access to the internet?  Such a nice tribute from an aunt who loves her very much.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness you have gone and made me cry, lol, What a lovely tribute to your darling niece.Lisa pea sure has a aunt she can be proud of.May is not too far away i hope you keep us posted on Lisa s trip to spain.
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

Very pretty graphics and good luck to your niece!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

We know we have to let them fly .but ooo it is hard sometimes isnt it ? love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Chicks flying the nest, eh? They'll be fine, but I understand the wrench. Be strong, Donna - Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, this entry is so sweet!  What a wonderful Auntie you are and what a smart and beautiful girl you have for a niece.  She will make lots of memories in Spain and I am sure she will share them all with you.  Thank God for the internet, she can stay in touch that way.  It's so hard when one of our own leaves the nest though, no matter if you are their parent or their relative.  Godspeed Lisa!!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

aww so sweet like I said before so hard to let go of the people we love V

Anonymous said...

just stopping by to say happy new year.

your niece will be back befor you even know it.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

what a great entry:) you have beautiful neices:) wishing them well in the new year

Deb

Anonymous said...

Awww, they're gorgeous hun!!

Don't worry...they'll be back. They're just spreading their wings to kick some ass..hehe!!

Lovely entry!

Love Ste
xxxx

Anonymous said...

P.S. Sorry..I meant 'She'll be back'..lol! Unless she has a split personality..lmao!!

Love ya
xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I know you will miss her, but she is off on what might be an adventure of a lifetime and you've just got to wish her on her way.  Perhaps she can find an internet connenction over there to keep in contact with you.  She'll be back before you know it and with some great stories to share with her Aunt Donna.  Great picture!
Sam

Anonymous said...

they are very beautiful

Anonymous said...

They're both beautiful! :-)

Safe trip & Goodluck to her..sounds like fun where's she's going to!
Happy new Year,
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Awwww such a nice Auntie.
x

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I wish i could hug you...i am sorry you are so sad...but what an adventure she is about to go on and it will be a learning experience she will never forget. I have her in my prayers....and you too.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry!!  Wow!!  I don't know what to say, but I'm so sorry you are sad.  She's embarking on the adventure of a lifetime!  Spending time in Spain will change her view of life forever.  It's an amazing experience for her.
Sending you a hug D....I know it's hard for you.
Pam

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!  What an experience for her!!!  Congrats, Lisa!!!  And for YOU Donna, I'm so sorry for the pain, I know what a mixture of feelings you have.... it's hard to let go, but we know that we have to!!!  And I know that you are happy for her!!

Just stay in touch with her!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a precious entry!!!    It's so great to know there are close families all over.    I felt the same way about my niece when she got deployed.   Thankfully, it was stateside, because there was a threat of Iraq.    It's tough to watch them grow up and live outside our box!  lol    But oh, could we be any more proud of them when they do just that?   Five months will pass quicker than you can imagine!  
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, D !!
Hugs
Ann

Anonymous said...

I know what youmean.......When my daughter got married and moved out, although she was only just down the dang street my heart broke!
Love can be so wonderful and yet so painful all at once,huh?
God bless.
carlene

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh I know how hard it is to let people "go"  but she will always be with you
LOVELY picture and they are both beautiful!

Love,
Promise

Anonymous said...

Your neices are Beautiful!  And I wish them both the best of everything. Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful aunt you are Donna...
Wishing your nieces the best...they are beautiful!
Snagged the Wind call my name graphic..love it
Thanks girlie
Hugs,
Terri