Thursday, January 18, 2007

~ 35 ~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


 


If you thought you were going to find 35 graphics, think again!  It's actually 35 degrees out right now and pretty warm in comparison to what it's been.  I did promise more pictures of the ice and I quickly put something together, with the hopes of giving you some idea as to what it looked like.  I took these out front of my office building yesterday.  The building is actually the Anchor Bar, home of the original chicken wing.  I thought the trees gave a true feeling of what each tree looked like.  I hope you see the beauty I saw.  Imagine driving down a road and seeing this lining the streets, filling backyards, glistening in the sun.  The branch was a close up and it was an amazing contrast against the blue sky.  Only thing missing in the picture is the iridescence that you could see with the naked eye.  It looked like someone had blown bubbles and they were floating amongst the limbs.  The other two are just close ups of a couple bushes on the lot next door.  Notice the berries on the one?  I think they were left from the October storm.  Mother nature has been messing with her babies, and I don't think they know which end is up.   Today it did get warmer as I said.  Standing outside was something so different.  As I stood to get in my car I could feel the slight breeze and in the quiet I heard a crinkle, for lack of a better word.  Imagine a plastic type bag, not the soft ones but those that actually crinkle when you roll them up.  That is what I heard.  I stood and listened, trying to figure out what it was.  It then dawned on me it was the branches dancing in the wind and as they brushed against each other the ice clicked together.  Ahhh  I was ready for the bride and groom to kiss.  Ting ting went the spoons on the glasses.  It was a calming sound, but I will admit I was glad my car wasn't parked under any branches.  Needless to say, when I left work today there was very little ice left on anything.

 

My sister and I did go out this evening.  We were going to Apple Bees for dinner and then to shop.  We didn't time it right at all.  When we pulled into the parking lot it was mobbed.  We decided to hit a store further down the plaza and see if we could find anything and then go back for dinner before moving on.  We walked in and immediately separated as our taste is completely different.  After some combing of the racks I actually found a skirt and a dress that I liked.  I went to the dressing room to try them on.  I put the skirt on and really liked it.  Long black and very plain, with the slit up the back.  Then came the dress.  It was black with white polka dots and handkerchief cut bottom.  It was sleeveless but came with a short red sweater with long sleeves.  I thought it was cute for a Feb 17th wedding and dressy enough.  I came out to see if I could find my sister and low and behold she was trying something on too.  First store, first outfits tried on, and we were done.  Yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about!  I bought both and she got a skirt and jacket, and then a few other items she could wear to work.  I just need a purse and maybe some red shoes.  I even picked up some jewelry, accessorize Donna, accessorize!  I will be calling my hairdresser tomorrow to see if she thinks my hair will be long enough for a French braid.  I want her to do it up my head tho, not down.  I just know if I leave it down it will drive me absolutely crazy!  Keep your fingers crossed.

 

Ok, that's enough of my day.  It's late and I need to get to bed.  I guess the Angels were with me today........ and with that said.......... 

 

Night all

 

Hugs

~d

 


                   Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                             Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good friday:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics.  That's great you could find an outfit right away.  I have to try on a million things before I find SOMETHING.  I'm headed to bed myself over here.  I am *exhausted*.
Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

What a need picture you captured of the ice.  We've had ice storms around here so I know what you mean, there is something magical about them.  Thanks for the angel pictures, I love them, angels are one my things.  Congratulations on the shopping trip I love it when they turn out like that, must have been your angels helping.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun shopping with Donna. Always fun to do that.  Your description of the snowand ice is so poingant.  Well said!!  
Have a good weekend.Pam

Anonymous said...

Sounds as though you had a very succesful shopping trip ,I like the sound of your outfit ,Would actualy like a picture ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds asn if you had a nice shopping trip. How lucky that you found an outfit in the first store you went in. What lovely pictures you captured of the snow.

Best wishes,
Leigh :-)

Anonymous said...

yes the icey limbs are pretty tough a mess at times. GIRL Share a pic of that dress!!!!!! sounds cute

Anonymous said...

Post a pic of your outfit..well done on getiing it so fast I`m hopeless clothes shopping!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics.. what i wouldn't give to look out my bedroom window and see that...
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

Now isn't that convenient, LOL!  Walk out of your office and you are staring at the Anchor Bar, the home of the original Buffalo Wings!  And you find the need to go home?  I'd just put a cot in the back of the office and stake out a stool at the bar.  Naw, just kidding, but it is neat that you are right next to this famous bar.

Congratulations on finding outfits so quickly.  I'm sure you are going to look smashing at the February wedding.  You never mentioned... did you ever get to eat at Applebee's after the shopping, or was it still too crowded?  The pictures of the iced up trees are pretty.  Thanks for sharing them.
Sam

Anonymous said...

what a pretty picture. I miss weather like that, I really do. It never looks like winter in Sc, just feels like it (sometimes). Glad you found a dress, we want pictures by the way :)

love ya and hope your Friday is great!!!
jennifer

Anonymous said...

Awww, glad you found and bought what you want..that's ace!
Love the graphics and the photo's as usual!!

Can't wait to see your hair on the big day...I can be one of those reporters who work for 'E' and say all posh things..lol!

Lurve ya

xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))))))I love the pic you took from work,its so pretty.We didnt get any snow last night.Bummer.Would of like to have a little bit.I am glad you and your sister had a good time out and you both found something and it didnt take you all night,that sounds like me,taking all night.lol.I would love to see some pics of you and your sister,if you take any.Have a nicce weekend.


http://journals.aol.com/hugsdoodlewacky/Mandy/

Anonymous said...

The graphics are beautiful what a good job you did of the pictures you took Donna.Your oufit sounds great  I love the idea of Red and Black colours of my own taste,but do not trip up and fall will you please, as you know what they say about Red shoes.Red shoes no knickers is the saying in England LMAO.Happy you got fixed up so quickly with the outfit.Take Care have a brill weekend lol!! God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Great job with the pics.  I love it.  We only had about 15 minutes of ice and then poof it was gone.

Deb

Anonymous said...

glad you found something to where to the wedding. i love what you did with the pics you took at work. that is so beautiful. i snagged the graphics you posted, they are pretty. keep warm and have a nice friday. (((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE standing outside and listening when it snows.  It is always so quiet and peaceful and the noises you were describing of the trees covered in ice is another sound I love.  All the kids do too and we were outside in it yesterday just "listening".  So happy you found an outfit to wear that quickly!  My kind of gal, accessorizing!!  WOO-HOO!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great images, thanks for sharing, Donna

Anonymous said...

Aww what beautiful pictures but I am thankful I dont have to keep snow shovels and ice scrapers here.
Glad you had a good time with your sister, I invited mine here for 2 weeks in the spring and I am honestly looking forwards to it..would love to take her to WaltDisneyWorld just so we can do the "kid" thing and enjoy.
Hugs and stay warm...Doreen :))))))

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

 I remember during out ice storm listening to our woods tinkle and sparkle.  So pretty, so destructive.

                 Julie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pics!!  And I loved the graphics, too!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Loved the description of the ice and outdoors.  Beautiful!  Good job on the shopping!  Have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

The ice on the trees is so pretty to look at, we only had it once like that around twenty years ago. I'm glad you found what you wanted in the shops, I know sometimes you can look and not find a thing! I love your angel graphics! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

still playing catch up on journals, not commenting on every entry, I would be here for ever more LOL but just had to say I love to see the trees like that
plus snagging loads hope you dont mind, lost most of my graphics when my comp crashed on me,
take care Lynne xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillywooat62/WelcometomyWorld/