Sunday, January 28, 2007

~ Sunday ~

Good morning!  Yeap, so far it has been good.  I woke up pretty early considering what time I went to bed last night.  Just couldn't sleep.  We're having a heat wave here too.  It's a balmy 25 degrees and snow is falling.  Big fluffy flakes falling at a moderate to slow speed.  It's as pretty as a picture.  There is a fresh coat on the ground and it almost sparkles even though there is no sun.   So clean.  Give it time, no doubt once the world around me wakes and gets moving the roads will be a grungy mess.

 

The house was silent and peaceful when I came out of my room.  So different then the episode of yesterday.  I made morning coffee and realized my sister did not come home last night.  I don't think she 'ran away', but she either had a few to many beers, or since the kids were at Grandma's she stuck around to give a helping hand.  Either way it's just me right now and it's nice.  Sitting in my jammies, sipping on coffee, reading mail and surfing the net with not a sound around me.  The gentle hum of my computer and the occasional gurgle of my coffee pot in the other room.  It's nice.

 

I played around with some non animated graphics last night and thought I'd just put 'em out there.  Nothing fancy, nothing great.  Just messing around with Marilyn and Johnny.  LOL  As I was looking for the morning graphic I was stunned at how many I actually did.  It's an addiction I tell you!  I'll no doubt share more later this evening.

 

I'm off to shower and get moving for the day.  I will be running to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner.  I'm not really sure what I'm going to make.  Steve said nothing fancy, pizza and wings would be fine.  NOT!!  Not just because I think that is the easy way out, but we just had that the other night.  He mentioned spaghetti and meatballs, but not sure I feel like that.  Maybe stuffed shells or something a bit more interesting.  When I get to the store I will decide.  Hmmm... well I have to now don't I?    I am looking forward to meeting his girlfriend.  I know he likes her by the way he talks about her.  Yes, he actually uses her name and tells me things.  So it's either he is growing up and is comfortable with it or he likes her.  I know he's grown up, I think it's he likes her.  I will definitely let you know if she is good enough :)  LOL

 

Off and running.  Hope everyone has a great day.  Stay happy, safe, and warm.

 

Hugs

~d

 

        DsDesignsJohnnyDepp.jpg

 

       DsDesignsMarily.jpg

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh stuff shells sound good been so long since I had them ..have a pot roast on myself. Have a good day  

Love & Hugs   Diane

Anonymous said...

We will be having burgers or leftover chicken-n-dumplings...Hey there is snow falling today and sticking....YAHOO!!! Now I am going to have a cup of coffee, and get ready for church...Have a great day.
Michele

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sorry I havent stopped by for a couple of days - have a good day hun!!! Snow and heat??? Me confused LOL oooh love Johnny Depp. Laine xxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

Johnny and Marilyn are awesome, D!  Love that little RM one below, too.  Glad you have some peace....Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your day is calmer this morning! I hope the lunch goes well and you like Steve's choice in girlfriends! Let us know if she's good enough for him! Lol! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I am sure what ever you have for dinner will be awesome...waiting for all the details!  Hugs,TerryANn

Anonymous said...

So pleased today is better than yesterday,hope that is the reason your sister stayed away ,It would be a shame if she allowed her son to spoil things between you ,Looking forward to hearing all about your dinner with Steve and his girlfriend ,..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

What a great start to a Sunday!     I bet the snow is very pretty....I just don't get to see very much of that at all here in Bama.      
~Meg

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a nice peaceful morning. That's always nice.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy that this day is starting off good for you.I hope it stays that way!!!
love ya,carlene

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a nice peaceful day, you certainly need it after the last few days, i hope your sister hasnt got a huffy on with you, what you said the other day needed to be said,
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

have a great day:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

glad you had a peaceful morning. mmmmm stuffed shells is my favorite. I snagged Marilyn, I always did like her. ((((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great day entertaining whatever you decide to make.The graphics are brilliant.Take care God Bless.
Astorisand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

ah its 17 here and snowing again . never ammounts to anything. Im glad you had a peaceful day

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't been by for a few days either but new husky puppy is keeping me busy. My son is going to have a shot in his spine for pain maintenance  tomorrow so I am hopeful he will be pain free for 3 to 6 months. Hopefully a bucket of chicken and some nice potato salad might be a welcome sight for him when he is up and around....nope, not a home invasion, it's a visit from Mom with some goodies :))))))) Woof it's cold here and the wind is got to be over 55mph! Am heading for blankets and flannel jammies tonight..Hugs Hugs and keep the snow up there ;)))) Doreen

Anonymous said...

h