Sunday, March 25, 2007

~ Calm. Cool. Collected. ~

     DsDesignsLakeErie3-25-07.jpg


Today was a good day.  I was a bit disappointed that Steve and I couldn't get together, but what can you do?  He and I will do something at some point, I am not worried.  It was absolutely beautiful out today.  It got pretty warm, and the sun was out a good portion of the day.  I was hoping I could get a few good sunset shots down at the lake but that didn't happen.  After dinner I did take a ride but the closer I got the more clouds there were.  I was thrilled that I wore my winter jacket.  As you may be able to tell there is still lots of ice on the lake, and the wind blowing in off it was cold!!  It wasn't long and my hands were like ice.  I got a few sky shots, and then I happened to notice ducks in the water.  :::shiver:::  Spring or not that water is cold!!!  They were pretty far away but I was able to zoom in and get a couple shots.  See how cold the water is?  Their 'hair' is standing on end.  I waited a bit to get some different shots but the clouds decided it was time for me to go.  Thought I'd share a couple. 

 

On the drive home I decided I had my sweet tooth back and I was going to splurge a bit.  So I took a little detour and stopped at the corner Ice Cream stand.  I couldn't believe the people there.  It was nice to see actually, but I must have looked like a fool.  Here you have shorts, T-shirts, skirts, little sweaters, and here comes me with my winter coat.  No funny looks, but damn I was way over dressed for ice cream.  Not just your normal ice cream either.  My sister was home so I decided to treat her too.  I got two banana splits!  OMG they tasted great!!  My hands are still a bit cold, but well worth it.

My hips can complain later.

 

Only a couple of graphics tonight.  Yes, even a water one.  LOL  I was playing and the more I did the more I liked.  Maybe it's me.........  I love the water and any type of boat just makes me feel so relaxed.  Since I'm feeling calm cool and collected I thought it was appropriate.  I've seen variations of 'spring' around.  I tried to change it enough so it didn't look like I everyone else's.  Not sure if I succeeded, but I gave it a shot. 

 

I have a few alerts to get to, then it's off to bed.  Yes Bill, an early night.  Well, I say that now but who knows what will happen.  Thank you all for the wonderful wishes.  I got several cards in the mail, e-cards, and comments.  I so appreciate the wishes and good thoughts.  Maybe I'll just sleep through tomorrow.  LOL

 

I hope a good Monday follows a wonderful Sunday.

 

Hugs

~d

 

                   DsDesignsTreasureofLife.gif

 

      DsDesignsSpring.gif

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics.... POOR DUCK!!!  LOL!!!  Nice what you did with the pics!  Great graphics, too!!  Sounds like you were feeling alot better today, glad to hear it!!  Wish I was there to enjoy that nice fresh cold air!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Good for you having such a nice day!  Glad you enjoyed the ice cream.  Now I want one! LOL!
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))By the way,I hope you have a wonderful Happy Birthday tommrow!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hubby nad I went out for ice cream too!!!!!!!! it was wonderful i tell you!!!!!!!!! simply wonderful. Ihope our warm spell conitnues

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Snagged them both! Very nice creations. Thanks! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

First let me say Donna "A VERY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to you and many more of them.I hope you have a wonderful day no matter what you decide to do............
The banana splits sounded deliciuos one of my favourite flavours anytime is banana.I still do not feel it is warm enough for t/shirts etc.It was the same here yesterday.Young girls were out in tiny strippy tops and it was sunny and bright but still very cool.I like you had my coat on along with everyone else around.OH! to be young again,I do not think we must have felt the cold then LOL.Lovely Graphics as usual.Feet up relax.Have a great day.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

ice cream and a winter coat...gotta love it! Where is my camera? lol
happy happy happy blessed happy joyful wonderful beloved birthday to a TREASURE of a friend to me...thank you for being there, sticking by me, caring and making me smile and LAUGH. You are a wonderful lady.
i love you,
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Wishes, To A very Special Lady,

Hope that you had a nice day and some lovely cards and gifts to treasure, so sorry that I missed it,
love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, your duck looked alot like a merganser, so I looked it up.  Its a Red-breasted Merganser.  I enjoy birds alot and I liked your photo alot!  I sent you a link.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Im pleased you wore your coat ,Im like that rather be too hot you can always take the coat off lol so pleased you had a good day ,hope today is just as nice .love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The transition from winter to spring does often hold days when we find ourselves over or under dressed.  It's kind of amusing to picture you all bundled up with long legs standing next to you!  

Anonymous said...

Spring has certainly arrived this end as well, Donna. And not before time.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with those people back there  breaking out in light clothes.  Now if it was Phoenix I would expect anything crazy, a sun dress next to a jacket covering the cold one from top to bottom.  What do they want to catch, pneumonia!  I rmember Lake Ekrie.  I used to go out and look at it the winter I was there, every day, it ws so beautiful back there.   Gerry

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and graphics, it's nice to be able to get out and about and more people smile when the sun shines have you noticed.
Debbie xxx