Monday, March 26, 2007

~ My Day ~

        DsDesignsEatinglikeaCow.gif


First, I again want to say thank you to everyone.  My alerts just started working again and I didn't get to personally reply to all, so forgive me but I do so appreciate it.  Second, I ate like a cow today!

 

I got to work this morning to a few little presents on my desk.  Treats, cards, candles, it was very nice.  I had several messages on my voice mail and several emails from co-workers.  This on top of the notes I had here when I first logged on this am.  About 10:30 I was just hanging up the phone to hear happy birthday.  It was a candle on a cake from the folks in my department.  Carrot cake. YUMMY!!!  Nothing like a nutritious breakfast.  It went great with a cup of coffee.  For lunch I had a burger and cheesy potatoes.  I really wasn't hungry after the cake, but I ate it anyway  LOL  A few more calls sending good wishes after lunch.  I got home and my sister made a roast beef dinner.  Just the way I like it, along with mashed potatoes & gravy and peas.  All my favorites.  I chomped and chewed, and of course went for seconds on the meat.  A few more cards and birthday cake.  The cake had a butter cream frosting chocolate cake layer, razzberry cream filling topped with white cake.  Coffee topped the meal off.  I was here checking mail and as you know I was completely overwhelmed with the well wishes.  You warmed my soul.  My day was perfect.  I get to celebrate with my son in a few days and I'm looking forward to that. 

 

I don't want to ruin a great day with griping about AOL, but damn it pissed me off today.  All my alerts went down and then I got a few, then nothing, then a few more but not my comment alerts.  I emailed Joe and told him it was my birthday the least he could do was give me alerts.  I know he worked on it and all of sudden they were there.  Not before I turned them all off, turned them on, deleted, added, cleared history, should I go on?   GRRRRRRRR  I know I missed a ton today and I'm sorry.  I will try and catch up I promise!

 

I know the saying is ate like a pig... but I only had a cow... LOL  I giggled as I did it, and know it could be much better but this will have to do.  Not much time to do graphics tonight.  The others are from over the weekend.  The non-animated one is something a bit different and was just playing around.  Not my normal style, and not sure what you all think.  :::shrugging shoulders:::  Maybe with some animation?  Might have to play around with that idea.  The old mill just called me.  I loved the picture and the saying.  Kind of where I'm at right now I guess.  Trying to cope, stay positive, be there, all the things you want to do but have to reach deep down to get.  Make sense?  Hmmm... it makes sense to me.  ::grin:: 

 

 

               DsDesignsLeavingSorrow.gif

 

I hope everyone had a great day today.  I am off to lah lah land.  Thanks again!

 

Hugs

~d

 

               DsDesignsIcanSeeforever.jpg

 

                        DsDesignsGazeboRain.gif

 

         DsDesignsPicinic.gif

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!  :)  Sounds like you had yourself a real nice one!! :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

love the cow:) glad you had a great birthday:) enjoy the rest of the week

Deb

Anonymous said...

So glad that you had such a memorable day!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Birthday!!  Hope you sleep good tonight.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Yes Donna alerts were down here over th epond too Grrrrr I think most of us would pack up AOHELL if it wasn't for J/Land they are such a pain!! I am so happy you had a wonderful day and I hope you have many more to follow.You certainly had a great NOSH day by the sounds of it LOL.The graphics are perfect and I love the still obe as you said.Just sums up how you have felt lately.You look after yourself,take Care God Bless have a great day today too.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you Donna!
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

Anonymous said...

So pleased that you enjoyed your birthday, and that you had some nice cards and prezzies, and I hope that you have a lovely time with Stephan,

Love the old mill graphic, and LOL at the cow one too
Love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

I love the graphics you got here I love the I can see forever. how romantic.
I love that filled b day cake. I love butter cream icing. Her eit is 5:30 am and you got me wanting butter cream icing

Anonymous said...

Lol i just love that cow, so cute!!! I am glad you had a wonderful birthday. And it does sound that you ate through out the day. The cakes you had sounds yummy, i hope you saved us all a piece. Would have to be a massive cake that lol.Have a lovely time with your Son.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday, that cow cracked me up!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Belated wishes for your Happy Day!  

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, Batwoman!  I'm glad you had a great day on your birthday (except for alerts).  You deserve a good day at least once a year, LOL!  I like all the graphics, they are great, as usual!
Sam

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. And the dinner sounds wonderful. Alerts have been all messed up. I got a few entry alerts this morning, but no comment alerts. Mmmmm carrot cake is my favorite. Hope you have a great day. ((((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Looks like you did have a great day...so happy all went well.
Love your tags...beauties, they are for sure...snagged some...hugs and have a beautiful Tuesday...
Joyce

Anonymous said...

So glad your Birthday was a Happy one!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

i love those bling things you told me about a few months ago. I like how they move around a tag. Donna, i have asked and asked and asked you to NOT put a tag of ME as your first tag, damnit. Even if it was your birthday, dont show me chewing my chud! LMAO!!!   JK.
I am so glad you had such a good day. I did not lose any alerts, i dont think. AOL really makes me mad at times with their inconstistancies.
love,lj

Anonymous said...

So pleased you enjoyed your day ,your dinner sounded delicious..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

belated birthday wishes donna.so glad you had a wonderful day.the cake sounded delicious.love jo x

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a happy birthday - yeah Im fed up with aol and their silly alerts - I hardly get many people come to my journal now - never mind. Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good birthday ~ happy belated birthday xx  Cheesy potatoes sounds nice lol ;-)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

So glad to read that you had a nice Birthday! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Aww, Bad Stupid...late for your birthday :(

Well they may be belated wishes, but you know they're sincere. I hope you had a wonderful day (and no indigestion :) ) and that your days just start getting better and better.

The office treats sounded wonderful. Remember what I said about the good people makin' the bad people go away? It works, doesn't it!

Hope you had a great day!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you had a nice b'day, Donna. 18 all over again, eh :-D))

Anonymous said...

Awww, so glad  you had a nice Birthday..Ü
Aol had been having some major issues lately...I just might cancel my membership!!!
oh wait....I did that already.  ; (
I guess we get what we paid for...even when we did pay for it!
Happy B-day again~
Marie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi D .... Awww, I`m glad to hear you had a nice birthday and with so much good food! YUM!
I love the picture of the mill. The rain in the other one is just great. My special favorites seem to be the rain graphics that you do. :)
HUGS
Penny

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great birthday...
You made me hungry....lol
I love the graphic...I can see forever in your eyes...it's awesome....thanks bunches!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Donna! I love you!
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

Been really busy this week and was unable to send you a birthday message so sorry but belated good wishes for your special day.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say Happy Birthday and send you wishes on the exact day!  But.. I'm here now.. and wishing you the best year ever, Donna.  I know you've been stressed out lately about your sister and all.. but, I want you to know that you are in my prayers as is your sister.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Hugs
Jackie