Saturday, March 31, 2007

What?

      DsDesignsGageBDay.jpg


Yes, what do you give an 8 year old who has everything?  I did do the summer theme without the sandals.  His grandma took him the other day and bought him new sneakers and sandal/water shoes.  Thank God she told me!  I knew he was getting some pirate things so I stuck with that theme.  A bathing suit and beach towel (Pirates of the Caribbean), a couple of T-shirts, water gun, chalk, bubbles.  It was a pretty successful choice, but by no means compared to what else he got.  His uncle from his fathers side bought him a cell phone.  Yes, a cell phone at 8.  WTF!?!  I am not sure exactly what it is, but when I first arrived his dad was on the computer to get track minutes or something.   I wasn't paying much attention as I thought it was for the 'uncle' not an 8 year old.   His other uncle, from his moms side is in a band and plays the guitar.  He's messed with teaching Gage a few times.  So what does he buy him?  An electric guitar and amp.  Yes, you read that right.  It's the real deal and his uncle Jeff has been playing it all week.  Jeff likes it so much he is thinking of buying himself one.  It almost looks like a miniature.  I'm not musically inclined at all so I can't give you the details.  I did do a video of Gage playing and singing and then Jeff.  They came out a bit blurry and graining.  I will blame it on the lighting.  LOL  So there you have it.. my family is nuts and my great nephew now has everything!!!

 

          

 

 

          

 

It's been a long day so I will cut this short.  Hope everyone had a great Saturday!

 

Hugs

~d

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the Cheap Trick jam!!  I used to roller skate on my road while listening to that song.  LOL!  Gage has pretty much everything but a new car, I guess that will be when he turns 9 right?  LOL!  I swear children are going to be given a cell phone when they are born now and days!  I don't get it, but I am not exactly hip when it comes to all that technological crapola.  Gage did a great job playing his guitar too, he didn't just hammer on it like most kids would, he really tried!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BOY!!!
Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:) wow for 8 he sure got alot of grownup gifts lol

Deb

Anonymous said...

Love your sense of humor.  Your comments regarding the gifts were definitely in jest.  The love you have for this child is obvious in the care you take in doing the collages.  I've seen several, and each time I feel that you have such a strong bond.  Happy Birthday little buddy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to this 'Special Birthday Boy' who is obviously  loved so very much by all his family.
I know he will remember this birthday for ever!
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

With the guitar being introduced so young into his life he may find a passion for it and it can enrich his life so much. Those are all awesome gifts, especially what you got him because it was given with love.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Gage!  It sounds like Gage really made out this birthday with the gifts.  I thought your selection of summer theme items were great.  I'm not sure why and 8 year old needs a cell phone, but the guitar and amp were fantastic gifts.  It will be fun to watch him develope his skills.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Gage! I bet he'll just love learning the guitar off his uncle! When I clicked to play your brothers' video I had to go back and watch a second time, Bug had me transfixed with what she was doing! Lol! Was that a balloon pump? I can't think why an 8yr old would want a cell phone, even I don't have one and I'm seven times older than Gage! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I lov ethe home video of your family. sounds like he ha d a great birthday

Anonymous said...

he sure made out great in gifts huh. i love the video's. he'll soon be playing just as good as his uncle. (((((((((hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Yep, now what are they gonna do next year to top that?  Bug is cute, I had fun watching her too!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the birthday was nice.  I'll have to come back and watch the video.  Hubby is asleep and I can't hear it.  LOL.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAGE!

yes it does seem he has it all.  wait another 8 years, hey uncles can you say CAR.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gage!  Wait ... where's that red Mazzarotti I had shipped?  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Happy bday to him :)

Gretchen

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

A very Happy Birthday to the special man :)
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a big 8yr old!  Sounds like a good party!
Pam

Anonymous said...

my grandson was given a guitar and amp for xmas he is 7.  It came from ebay.  We was advised to get him a full size one and he loves it and hopefully will be starting lessons at school.  His first love though is the drums and he is very good.  The school caretaker gives him lessons when he has done his work as a reward (he has ADHD).  We got him a mike and stand so you can imagine him standing in front guiter strung round his neck singing along to the red hot chilli peppers, his favourite band.   He sees his dad at weekends and we hope he would teach him as he sings and plays but he just got jealous and hogged it all the time so he wont take it any more.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like Cage is gonna be another Eric Clapton here Donna LOL.I carn't make up my mind which one of them like the guitar best Ha.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I missed the music I was fascinated watching the bug blowing up her balloon gorgeous isnt she ? ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lol...great vids hun! Bless 'em. Gage looks like he's in his element, and little Bug looks as content as ever..hehe!

And can I have pirate stuff too? lol!

Love ya
xxxx

Anonymous said...

hey you should post a video with you playing that gutiar lol lookin forward to it

dont know ya but luv ya

Anonymous said...

testing