Saturday, March 31, 2007

~ Last Skate ~

I was jumping around on YouTube and found these and many more.... the ceremonial last skate at the 'Aud'.  I know I'm emotional these days but it actually made me cry.  So many big time players came back to pay homage.

 

                 

 

Let us not forget taking down the banners that were hanging so they could raise them in the new arena.  The French Connection came back and helped, Robert, Perreault, Martin.  Tim Horton who only played a short time with the Sabres and was killed in a car accident on his way back from Toronto.  Pat Lafontaine who is the young guy with the 'C' on his jersey that is shown regularly has since retired and his jersey hanging in the new arena.

 
               

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

are there suppose to be you tubs i nhere ????????  don tsee any videos

Anonymous said...

You really are addicted aren't you lol. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

well you know this is funny they are here after the refresh button was hit. Yup your a hot really into it............ hockey fan for sure

Anonymous said...

Your emotions are well founded.  From what I gather you are a huge fan and have been for sometime.  Your loyalty is remarkable.  I remember some of these names, but unfortunately I am not a big fan.  Maybe I need to do some research on the sport and follow it a bit more closely.  Nice tribute to a building that obviously carries many memories for you.

Anonymous said...

Donnnnaaaaa!
Okaayyy, so you probably thing I've abandoned you but I swear I haven't! I've missed everything with you guys, GRRRR!

Aww, the vids made you cry? :-( pretty cool how everything works out though, even though it's an emotional occasion. I'm trying to catch up right now while I have some time, I promise I still love and care about all of you despite being MIA!

Catch up with you soon, take care.
Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the videos.

John.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jacksj989/OldJohnsMemories

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Is that the same Tim Horton that has the coffee shops in Canada?  I love Tim Horton's coffee... I lived in Canada for two years and every single little town has a hockey arena.  I used to play music in a little town... I can't think of the name of it now... but it was in Ontario and there was a big sign as you went into town that said, "Hometown of Bobby Orr."  Since there was a picture of him playing hockey I assumed that he was a hockey player.