Tuesday, March 13, 2007

~ Hoping ~

                   DsDesignsFriendshipis.gif


Ok, so I will confess, I hope alerts are back working.  Joe did respond to my second email today and then alerts worked.  For the morning.  It appears they stopped about noon.. just like yesterday.  He did do an entry on the matter earlier.  And.. no I didn't get his alert.  I'm working on getting things working again.  Apparently I have too many alerts. 

 

I want to thank all of you for your support.  I made a request on behalf of my sister and you all came forward.  No questions asked, just prayers, good thoughts, and candles lit.  You've touched my heart and my soul.  Friendship, it's a wonderful thing.  JLand has brought us together and I am so thankful for the friends I've made, the bond we share.  I really am... THANK YOU.  I know my sister will be touched as well and I'm thanking you on her behalf.  Some might think this bold, but I would never ask if it wasn't something I felt strongly about or if she didn't need.  The site I am using only has each candle burn for 48 hours.  The site will remain so long as there is one candle lit and trust me I will make sure there as at least always one lit until things change.  This could be a long road.  I've added a graphic to my sidebar with a link to the site.  Do you think you could find a minute every day or two to go back and light another candle?  ::in tears::  I would so appreciate it.  The power of prayer and good thoughts go a long way.  I believe that.  I'm at a loss as to what I can do for her, besides be there.  I just want to do something...........  

 

                                     DsDesignsCandleSidebar.gif

 

Thank you my friends you are the absolute best!

Hugs

~d

 

        DsDesignsTimeDoesNotStandStill.gif

 

   DsDesignsTreasuredMemories.gif

 

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lit another candle for your sis. And will keep her in prayer. (((((hugs)))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm still not getting alerts at all.  I lit another candle for your sister.  She has my continued thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna, I will return to light a candle.  No problem.  I hope this next sentence helps you a little bit.  No matter what- you want to be able to help your sister, to do something- I think that by your sister knowing you are there for her above and beyond- is GREAT comfort to HER.  There is great power in prayer and it's flowing from many mouths, hearts and minds to God's ear.
Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

great graphics and I will keep an eye on the candle. that is an awesome idea. yes my alerts did not work till around noon I got none of my morning ones.

Anonymous said...

I have a candle lighting link (same one) on my sidebar too.
I will gladly remember your dear sister in prayer.
My thoguhts are with all of you.
Blessings,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Beautiful graphics...will go light a candle for your sister!!  And will be praying for her as well as you! Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

a candle here for you too
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

Anonymous said...

Gentle thoughts and gentle hugs for you and your sister.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

i prayed for you and your sister today and will tomorrow and will go back and click the candle also. Please know you are always in my thoughts.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, I have not visited Journals for a few days.  I am so very sorry to hear about your sister.  I very much believe in lighting candles and will indeed do so for her.  My prayers and wishes are with her and you today.  God bless.

Anonymous said...

Such a small thing to ask, ill be doing my candle and prayers again today.
love and hugs
katie x

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm keeping your sister in my prayers as well as you and the rest of your family.  I'm heading over now to light my candle.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Will keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers. ~ Maria

Anonymous said...

I will be sure to go back and light a candle for your sis every few days.  Great graphic by the way to remind everyone.
Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Bloglines yet? I have a little tutorial on it if you like. Anyway, what I do is use Bloglines for the majority of my alerts (and you can add ANYTHING over there with an feed, not just Journals--can you say addicting?). It is convenient in that my e-mail box does not fill up and everything is in one place when I am ready to read. I do have a few alerts though. I find that private AOL journals don't do well on Bloglines, so I keep those and comment alerts for my journals with AOL.

Setting up feeds in Bloglines is even easier these days than when I started. If you use the new IE or Firefox there is actually a little orange icon that shows up in the address bar for any site with a feed, you click it and it signs you up... VERY easy!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind/
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Aawwww! Check this out... http://www.wulfram.com?mkid=31257

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad I could help - you are a good friend to us too - love ya!!  I will try and remember to keep my candle burning - Love Laine xxxxx