Saturday, March 3, 2007

~ Wasted Day ~

DsDesignsWinterFalls.gifYeap today was a wasted day, I slept it away.  I had taken a pain pill earlier in the day because of my neck, shoulder, and back, and it knocked me out for hours.  I did find laying on my stomach with my arms over my head relieved some of the ache.  What did I do?  I met with the President of the company I work for. 

 

On Thursday when I got back into the office after a day off I signed off on a pay increase.  It wasn't a ton, but I was happy.  Hey, anytime your pay increases it's a good thing.  On Friday, about 9:50 I was called into a meeting with the President.  I've been with the company for over 14 years, and it never ceases to amaze me how I can get so nervous with that call.  I work for a family owned company and there is an open door policy.  I would say he and I are friends.  I have no problem talking to him, business, personal, or joking.  It's not that... it's his title I guess and the unknown of the last minute summons to his office.   I go to his office with another department member and we sit down.  It's pretty casual and he asks a few questions about our work load, and what we feel about things, even some possible changes.  Our boss, nor her boss were even in the office.  It appeared to be pretty spur of the moment.  Nothing is a definite, but I do think (as I have for weeks) that change is in the air.  Thinking of the changes he brought up could actually turn out to be good for me, hopefully the stars are aligned.  I gave my open honest opinion and told him I was intrigued, if it in fact it benefited me as it would benefit the company.  He agreed, and seemed to be open to additional suggestions.  The meeting ended on a very good note, and we went back to work.

 

On the way home from work I stopped at the store.  I got back into my car and turned my head to the right to look behind me as I backed up. I felt the pull, the tug.  The muscle in my neck and along my shoulder blade started doing the hustle, the bump, and then the mashed potato.  It pinched, screamed, and then started to dance some more.  I got home and warmed up my 'bed buddy' and wrapped it around my neck.  After several more zaps in the microwave and a few hours of it laying across my neck I started to feel loose.  I turned my head and heard the snap, crackle, and pop of my neck.  Relief for a few hours, but when I woke up this morning it was back with a vengeance.  Stress!!  It always hits me there.  The unknown of the continued talks of change, and knowing it will affect me directly.  Keep your fingers crossed those stars align and it will all be good, please? 

 

Using graphics from a few days ago, I really couldn't sit and play with graphics today.  I'm sitting here watching the boys, drinking tea, with my bed buddy firmly in place, but since I didn't do an entry yesterday I wanted to get something up tonight. 

 

Hugs

~d

 

           DsDesignsOldMill.gif

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good sunday:) hope your neck gets better soon

Deb

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you feel better tomorrow!  I hate sore muscles.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Bed Buddy firmly in place sounded a lot hotter before I realized what you were really talking about :-)  ~Mary

Anonymous said...

I sure wish you well on your job front and I do pray you get your neck and all back in  order. I love the wheel graphic with the mill. that is awesome

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, you need a massage!  That will help loosen all the knots, kinks and sore muscles caused by your stress.  Works like a charm.  Nancy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hope your pain subsides soon...  Neck, shoulder and head pain are the worst.  

Beautiful graphics!  

Michelle

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i am sure your boss values your work ethic, your intelligence and your honest opinion and all will go fine for you. I will surely keep you in my thoughts. I am truly sorry that your neck hurt so...i hope Sunday is a better day for you.
Love, lj

Anonymous said...

yes, perhaps you need to investigate the physiological nature of this pain first and eliminate physiological causes;
Take care,
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

Anonymous said...

That pain must be so agravating ,and so easily done ,Ihope its gone again now and you had a good nights sleep .I also hope the out come of the meeting ,bodes well for you ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, good luck with work!  I get tension in my upper back.  Makes me want to cry sometimes.  Linda

Anonymous said...

hope that you neck gets better soon, could you have pulled a muscle, or trapped a nerve maybe,  good luck at work fingers crossed for you

take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Good luck with any changes in your place of work, Donna

Anonymous said...

Sending you  my best wishes! Good luck! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Love seeing pictures of you and your family, you should treasure that one of you and your son, it is priceless.  I have the same problem with my neck and mine usually ends up in an excruciating headache.  I've been having it alot lately getting ready to retire.   As usual love the grahics.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Good luck and I hope the changes at work, if they happen will be good for you! Sorry you have that awful pain, it certainly does seem to affect your whole upper body doesn't it? I hope it's easing off today. The graphics are great, as always! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow, am I behind.  I took a scheduled "mental health" day off on Wednesday and thought I was getting caught up with journals but ended up doing some cleaning.  Then I figured Friday night I would but not to be.  As always, your work is outstanding!  I did hear that some were having problems with graphic heavy journals; not just yours.  Wonder if the problem has been solved.  Hope you get rid of that pain.  My rotator cuff is acting up in my shoulder again.  Ain't it a bitch getting old...lol  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

I hope things turn out well for you at work.  Sounds like it could be exciting for you!
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

I was out of town several days and I'm trying to catch up.  I'm sorry your neck is giving you fits, and yes, stress can certainly do that!  I had a couple of months of terrible stress at work when a second doctor joined the practice and the two docs did NOT get along.  I was always playing "middle man", trying to keep the peace.  My stress got so bad I couldn't turn my head in either direction.  I hope things clear up for you, you don't deserve this.  You've always been a treasured friend to me, always so kind and helpful.  Try to get some rest dear lady.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

test