Tuesday, March 27, 2007

~ Pea Soup ~

           DsDesignsFoggyDay2.jpg


Got up this morning to get ready for work and was amazed when I looked outside.  I could not see the trees in my front lawn, cars in the drive, nothing.  NO it was not snowing, it was fog.  A fog so thick all I could think of was split pea soup.  I really didn't have time to do pictures before I left for work.  So I grabbed my camera on the way out the door thinking I could do some on the way.  I really didn't want to push my luck trying to take pictures as I drove and the highway is not the best place to stop to focus.  It mattered not.  The closer I got to the downtown area the clearer it was.  Oh well, I had my camera and it was so fitting and just my luck that there be nothing to take a picture of.   I got to work and began my day.  About 10ish some folks came in from outside and commented on how foggy is was.  I don't have a corner office with a window so I had no idea :)~  I did however grab my camera and head out front.  The picture in the top left is aiming to the left of the office door.  That street/stop light isn't but maybe a half block away.  The colored item is a metal sculpture in front of the subway (another entry) entrance you wouldn't know it is extremely bright.  You can barely see the building next door, and the rest, well they vanished.   The church steeple is across the street.  I could throw a stone and hit the front steps.  Well maybe not, I throw like a girl, but I wouldn't anyway.  Throw a stone I mean.  The bottom left is the sun.  Yes, the sun not the moon. I thought it looked so cool, and I could actually look at it without eye pain.  Next to that is to the right of the office entrance.  That street/stop light is a bit further away.  The Anchor Bar is on the corner there (top corner below the sun) but you'd never know it.  You've seen clearer pictures in previous entries and you may remember how clear those were.  If you look hard you can see the shadows of the cars at the light and the buildings along the street.  This, at 10 am.   The sun did finally burn it off and it turned into a nice day.  Blue sky with a few clouds and the temps in the 60's.

 

The day at work was uneventful and at quitting time I was glad to be out of there.  My office is not right in the heart of downtown, I am a bit north of the city.  I take Main St back towards downtown to the thruway entrance.  As I was driving down Main St I could see what looked like smoke.  I thought, oh shit what is burning.  It didn't take long to realize it wasn't anything burning but the left over fog that was hidden between the buildings.  I pulled off to the side of the road and grabbed a few shots.  The whole time thinking, who you gonna call....... ghost busters.  Ok, so I'm weird.   I am quite a distance but you can see the fog linger.  In the one shot where you see archways in the street, that is where the subway comes above ground and runs like a trolly.  You can see a bit of the architecture, but these shots no way do it justice.  When cars started beeping I decided it was time to get out of the street and move on.  Well, they really didn't beep, but I was in the road and thought I best move.  LOL   I tried to drive down closer to get shots, but amazingly enough while in the heart of the fog you couldn't even tell. 

 

 

        DsDesignsWhoyougonnacall.jpg

 

I stopped at my sisters on my way home and brought her a milkshake.  She had her second treatment today and actually looked good.  Said she felt better this time around, but did sleep the afternoon away.  Then I went and did some pavement pounding.  I went to a few local establishments to see if they'd donate gift certificates and/or such for her benefit.   Her friends planned one to help with expenses and any travel that might be needed down the road for other medical things.  I was pretty successful and will do some more tomorrow.  They already have a ton of things, but the more the better.  By the time I got home I was drained.  I had a quick sandwich and then worked on the pictures.  No editing done other then to resize and make the collages.  It was so much fun doing them.  I will have to get some more pictures so you can actually see things, eh? 

 

Didn't make any animations or tags tonight, but I did have 'friends forever' for another entry but thought I would post it tonight.  I hope everyone had a great Tuesday..... and wishing you a good 'hump day'

 

Hugs

~d

 

                   DsDesignsFriendsForever-1.gif

 

EDIT:  Kudo's to Sam for noticing I was in a time warp and had put 2006 on the fog picture.  LMAO!!!  Thanks Sam I appreciate it... now ya all know how daffy I can be. I've fixed it so no, you aren't imagining.  ::grin::

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Playing catch up today and it is really foggy here too has been for the last 3 mornings but each day it has burned off to leave a beautiful spring afternoon.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That fog reminds me of when I was a child in London in the late 50's & 1960's.....it was bad every winter to the point where you could not see a hand in front of you and chest infections were rife in people of all ages, many died.....thank heavens we never see scenes like that now......but I guess you must judging by the pics. As always, wicked graphics.....just hope you don't have fog like that too often cos you just can't see where you are'nt going, LOL!

Anonymous said...

love your foggy pics. You do live in a big city or work in one. Todd works in the big city but we live in a small town. this will be the beginning of your nice weather. you see in the fall the first foggy days mean cooler temps on the way in the spring it means warmer temps and boy was it true for us. we had that foggy foggy day a litle over a week ago and tis been nice evers ince.
your so sweet to take care o fyour sister and do all this stuff for her. I pray she gets better and maybe evne gets to stop treatmetns

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, love how you have done the foggy day graphics, its been misty here in the mornings, but once the sun has broken through the clouds it has been quite warm,
so glad that your sister seems to be responding to her treatment, praying that she keeps on making good progress,
love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a super entry ,your pics are great ,and I was scrolling up and down as you described everything ,oh and by the way its foggy here too ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Cool pics D -- glad you stopped to shoot them.  Thinking of your sister and her support system.  Take good care!

Anonymous said...

Donna
The pictures are great!  The fog looks neat between the buildings.  Subway?  You really do live in a big city, LOL!  I'm glad to hear your sister is doing well after her second treatment.  The milkshake for her was a great idea.  I hope you get a ton of local donations for her.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Loved your fog pics, we get some good pea soupers here. I am glad your sis felt a little better this time, great idea on the milk shake.Its a lovely thing you and your sisters friends are doing.The treatments must be very expensive. We take things like that for granted in the Uk with having the NHS.
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

Was glad to hear your sis's 2nd round went better for her.
Spring fog sure is something, I was in it here and sure to
errrrriee for me, driving at 6:30am. about the 2006 geeze
yesterday my sister at triple aaa dated the papers 2003, the
guy said for her to go to AA afterwards LOL.
enjoy your day ~d

Anonymous said...

i love your tags and the pics you took. You have such talent and take great pics, always. Very interesting how the fog between the sky scrapers looks like something is on fire. I dont like driving in fog. Glad to hear your sister is doing well on Tues, she is always in my thoughts and prayers.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

Awww, that was sweet that you got a shake for your sister, that would make anyone feel better.  Glad she's having better days~
Marie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I just love your graphics!  Glad to hear your sister is feeling better.  I got 3 or 4 candles burning for her.  I light one every time I come here. Have a great day!
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to stop by and visit with your sister....keeping her in my thoughts and prayers!

Great pics =)

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your sister is feeling better, Donna.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Jeez that is some fog ~ can't believe it lasted all day.  Glad to hear your sisters doing ok xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Love you pics Donna - makes me want to go back to New York - I loved it there - I love America everytime I visit! Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, you have a cool journey to work.  Hope your sister is doing ok.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

Blessings!
Charley

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see the city where you work.  It looks quite large.  I see you keep your camera handy so you can snap a photo if you see something interesting.    A graphic artist at work!  Gerry

Anonymous said...

Awww look how pretty you made Main Street look!  That fog was something.  Nancy

Anonymous said...

the past couple days have put me so far behind in alerts, i have 116 alerts to get through. anyways wow thats alot of fog and so think too. you know I have actually been very afraid of fog ever since I saw the movie The Fog, lol. I'm serious too. I am afraid of fog. So glad to hear your sister is doing well with her chemo. it use to hit me on the 3rd day after a treatment, i was sick for a week straight. Keeping your sister in prayer. going to go check the candle now see if I need to light another one. ((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

wow it sure was foggy huh? It was like that here on saturday! It was CRAZY!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Fog spooks me. Amazing pictures.
Hope your sister is doing okay.
Hugs
penny