Saturday, June 23, 2007

~ Day is Done ~

DsDesignsDayisDone6-23-07.gif


 

.... and what a day it was!  It started out pretty slow.  I was home alone, YEAH!  Now you all know I love my sister dearly, but I still like to have my home to myself once in awhile.  It had been me and my son for so many years and when she moved in so much changed.  Some good, some, well, you know...

nothing having to do with her really. 

 

So anyway it was a bit cool out but the sun was shining brightly when I finally crawled out of bed.  I made my coffee and read through journals as I sipped away on the caffeine.  I cleaned up some of my computer and was just basically messing around.  My Mom called asking me to run to the store for her.  She was going to be making strawberry and rhubarb jam, and needed a few supplies.  Of course I'd do it for her.  During the conversation she didn't seem to be in a hurry.  My Dad was off to the local park for the 'annual' baseball game and had the car.  

 

Since I can remember he would meet up with his childhood buddies and go to the same park they use to play sandlot at.  You may remember my entry from last year, along with picture.  I can remember going to watch, I can remember taking my son to watch.  It was always a hoot.  Well, my Dad is over 75 now and things aren't the same.  They went from actually playing a game, to hitting and catching and really not running the bases, to playing catch, to taking their supplies (ball, glove, and bat) with a few playing, to what it has become today.  They all meet up and sit at the table and talk about playing.  The number of attendees drops from year to year for various reasons.  Of course today, Don Kane had awritten excuse from his mother :::giggle::: he was in Ohio with his grandson celebrating being the #1 pick in the NHL draft.  I didn't ask my Dad who was missing this year.  It's hard to hear the sad news of some of his buddies meeting their creator, but he did have a good time. 

 

So Mom is not in a hurry, I fiddle and faddle.  My son calls and gets into a deep conversation with me.  One I wasn't really ready to hear.  No, he's not going to be a Daddy, but he is planning on moving out of the apartment he is in now and have his girlfriend move in.  He is in a double with 2 roommates and the other apartment has 4 guys that he knows.  After a long discussion I realized he is ready to move on with his life and actually be an adult and not pretend.  His friends are not there yet.  They want to party and have a 'flop house'.   Steve has purchased a lot of things for the apartment and doesn't want things ruined, he doesn't want to baby sit, and he surely doesn't want to be a maid.  So I asked, 'are you asking for my permission?'  It got a bit quiet and then he replied, 'Well, no.  I want your opinion.  I don't need your permission.'   LOL  He's so right.  I am just thrilled he is talking to me about it.   Really talking to me.

 

While I'm on the phone with him, the other line rings.  It's my Mom, 'where are you?'  Ummm.. at home.  I obviously misunderstood her.  So I hurried off the phone and got moving.  Before I could get to her house she called again.  LOL  No hurry?  Well, now she needs me to go get her and take her to the drugstore.  Ok, so we get all her running done and I spend money I didn't want to.  Kids!!  I ended up buying Gage and Bug a few things for the pool.  Hmmmm.. ok one is a float so it's for me too :)~   We have a quick dinner of burgers and salad, ending with strawberries over ice cream.  YUM!!!   Ohhhh... and Jeannette all I could think of was Steve as I grabbed my head.  ROFL!!!!

 

I get home and I'm doing some fooling on the PC and an orange glow started to fill my house.  I went to my back window and there it was.  A flaming ball in the sky.  I hurried to get my shoes and camera and out the door I went.  I raced to the lake to get the sun going down.  Lead foot anyone?  I didn't want to miss it.  I couldn't decide what I wanted to use, I was extremely happy with most of them.  So I played with a little collage and a little movement.   The red and oranges were amazing.  It turned the water a bit dark, but it was so wonderful to stand there taking shots.  That is except for the smell of fish!!

 

Bob the Builder update.... he's gone.  I drove in to work on Friday and there was no one.  Not one worker, not one truck.  Never had a one night stand before, so I guess this was my first experience.  LOL  I'll keep my eyes peeled and maybe, just maybe I will have to find all the construction sites and drive that way instead of avoiding them, eh? 

 

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and I found another tagger today.  Some of you may already know her.  I saw her work today and it's fabulous!  Brittany over at Juicy Apple Designs.  Stop by and say hello, won't you?  Her first entry has her terms/rules, please check them out too :)

 

Well, I've probably bored you all into slumber so I will head off and lay my weary head down.  Hope everyone's day was marvelous and I wish you all a great Sunday!

 

Hugs

~d

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Sunset is UNBELIEVABLE! My Gosh!
I live on a Lake here in New Jersey...The sunset is wonderful over the lake every evening...I think one of these days i'll go out and take a few shots!

Thank you so much for Pimping me as you did!
You are too Kind!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!  D, this is stunning.  The colors are unreal and your presentation is out of this world, so peaceful and inviting.  I love how you make the one move, the focal point to the entire graphic.  Glad you had a good day.  Your son sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders, takes after Mom I bet.  He will be fine.  Your Dad and his buddies still getting together, I wish I did that with my childhood pals.  Maybe I should look into it before it gets to late.  

Anonymous said...

Does sound like you had a good day.  Going to meet the new kid on the block.  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Interesting post Donna,the graphic is awsome as you say over there.Sorry Bob The Builder did a runner Grrrrr.yes good idea,about driving around the building sites LOL!!I will pop now to see Brittany .Thanx for sharing this .Have a great Sunday yourself.Take Care God Bless Kath
Atoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I think it was a cool moment there when your son admitted he no longer needed your permission but still wanted and needed your OPINION.  Sounds like a solid young man to me!

X
Russ

Anonymous said...

Thank you for directing us to Brittany.
What a cool collage of the sunset. You sure can find beauty easily! I am glad your son told you about his intentions and that he is growing up. I wish him the best of luck with his girlfriend too. Sounds like you and your mom had a good day together.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Again your header is awesome......love sunset pics.....
hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing and laid back..
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Sounded like a busy day! The sunsets are wonderful, I've been running indoors at night and grabbing the camera to go straight onto the balcony to get pics, they haven't been as good as yours lately! So you got the 'Steve ice cream head' too! ROFL! It does hurt doesn't it, hope you took a few deep breaths!! It was very nice of your Steve to ask your opinion on his moving in with his girlfriend, he sounds a sensible guy! Strawberry and rhubarb jam sounds great, hope you get to try some! Enjoy Sunday! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww D - really enjoyed your entry today and Ive caught up on the others at last!! Im just getting round to catching up with everyone now. Sounds to me like you are a great mum!! It must be lovely when they need you - I can just imagine when my kids are older that I will love it when they ring me as I will miss them when they fly the nest. The sunset pics are gorgeous - Im jealous you have such beautiful scenery where you live!! Love Laine xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Its good your son values your opinion ,even though he no longer needs your permission ,Your Mums jam sounds nice.. the pictures are lovely ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The sunset is awsome! :o) Thats so sweet that your son called and talked to you. :o) What great memories about your dad too. :o) Have a great day Donna. ;o) Thank you for pimpin' the new journal. ;o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

love the sunset. it is awesome. so glad your son called. hope your enjoying your weekend. ((((((hugs)))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a busy entry.  I enjoyed reading about everything.  Your son sounds so mature.  He will do really good I think.  The pictures are fantastic...  Linda

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of the sun!  Linda

Anonymous said...

like baggs haha

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous sunset!   Well caught and dispayed in the tag above.   It gives a feeling of warmth to the end of another idyllic and beautiful day.  Shame you missed out on Bob The Builder....maybe you should get out and about on the roads a bit more????   Lol!
Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

I think it is so nice that your son called to talk to you about his plans..that always seems to be a clear sign that they are growing up....
Best of luck to him..
Sheri

Anonymous said...

jsut back from camping So read it all contgrats on the home town hero and I love the suns et pics. long tiring days are getting to me as I age much more. YOur dad and that game is a picture to remember mentally

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great collage!!!!  Beautiful =)

I've known Britt for awhile now, her
work is amazing... we are so blessed in
Jland to have you all share your talents with us.

Hope you have a good week

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Great,, amazing beautiful pictures!  Sounds like a good day.  A day somewhat alone?  What would that be like?!  
Traci

Anonymous said...

lovely sunset & collage Donna!

Anonymous said...

love that sunset Donna.

Anonymous said...

Just had to tell you what a wonderful memorial tribute you made for Malagutigrrl.  I know it made her happy.  And those sunset pictures are so dramatic.  I did laugh at the idea of your dad and his buddies just sitting around talking about playing ball now.  But sounds like he and your mom have had a long happy productive life together.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

Your a good daughter...both your parents are so lucky to have you!  Your son sounds like he is making big decisions, but it is nice to get Mom's thoughts on the subject now and then.  Pool toys are great...we just loaded up the other day...they should have fun at your house.  Hope you come across Bob The Builder again soon...maybe they just took a break...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

These pics are breathtaking!
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your son has grown into a responsible young man.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/