Monday, June 18, 2007

~ Two Years, almost to the minute ~

         DsDesignsLifeisaLearningCurveALL.gif


I was recently asked to do a sidebar graphic for someone celebrating 3 years in JLand.  As I worked on the graphic, it dawned on me I've been here a bit too.  Two years almost to the minute (or it was when I started writing LOL).  I sat and just smiled.  When I started my journal so long ago it was to fill some newly found free time, I never thought I'd keep up with it.  I never in a million years thought anyone would be interested or care.  As it is in life it was a learning curve, with no pass or fail. 

 

I went from topic to topic and slowly learned to add graphics, and music.  In the beginning I rarely got a comment.  I wrote more for me then anyone, but slowly they came.  'If you build it they will come'.  I forged on and the comments grew.  I remember thinking, 'wow there are folks out there that are reading!'  It was nice, really nice.  I've met so many great folks along the way.  Ok, and yeah some not so nice, but hey it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.  Some readers have moved on, and some are new.  Again, that learning curve.  No pass or fail.  It's a matter of taste and I understood that.  Still do.   Because of those comments I've found others, and the circle grew.  I was part of a community.  Some lurk in the shadows and read, and that's ok, but it does sadden me a bit too.  They get to know me and there is no way I will ever know them, and I'd like to.  I have no idea what brings them, but they come.  Say hi every once in a while, eh?  ::grin::

 

Then I had a hard time finding graphics that I wanted to use in a specific entry, so I made my own.  My journal and experience in JLand changed forever.  A new addiction, and lots of fun.  I played and played and watch the community grow and grow.  It's been great for the most part, but I can't forget the sadness either.  The heart ache, the hurt and pain.  We share it as a family.  Consoling each other, supporting in times of need, and laughing at the good things.  

 

It's been a ride for sure.  Two years and counting and it is still a learning curve with no pass or fail.  I thank you all for stopping by, being there for me, supporting me, smiling and laughing with me, and yes crying.  This is one helluva place!  Thank you for sharing it with me.

 

Hugs

~d

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog ....you write and make things so real that I can imagine seeing exactly what you are talking about.

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

thats how i started for me and only me but as i got comments and friends that cared about me posting became a must so all my friends knew i was okay.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your second anniversary.  In journaling, that is a LONG time.  Thanks for letting me get to know you.  Am a faithful reader, but rarely comment.  However, your sister, especially, is in my prayers.  REALLY enjoy your graphics.  LaVern

Anonymous said...

D, I am so happy you stuck around.  I stopped by out of curiosity, and after reading a few times I had to comment.  You sucked me in.  Your writing is interesting and your words give visuals.  Then there are the graphics.  I always look forward to what is in store in any given entry.  Your fan base grew because of your personality, honesty, and your integrity.  You are real.  You've helped make so many journals come to life and for that we are thankful.  Well, I am.  Thanks for being you.

Anonymous said...

oh, and I should have said congratulations.  hehehehe

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU!!! I MEAN THAT TOO.
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 2 years..have a great week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Very nice, touching entry!

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry, I am still in my infancy when it comes to jland and have been amazed at the generousity of the people I have met here. Even the rotten eggs have their place but for the most part the people I have met have been very nice.
Happy anniversary and many more to come.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

in august it will be 4 years for me I think......WOW.....
CONGRATS on your j-land anniversary.....it really does change your life...
Peace
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way  you do. Its been mostly good. with a few glitches of a few not so nice the good far outweighs the bad.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very glad I found this little community of JLanders.  Everyone is so positive and supporting and kind too.  I have only ever experienced one bad comment and it hurt me very much. I deleted it straight away and then thought ...yes...it does take all kinds to make a world.  I was true to myself so carried on with nobody visiting my journal except one friend and family. After that I found all of my JLand friends.  I haven't looked back.  Only forwards to each day to see what you are all up to in your lives.   I enjoy all of my visits and getting to know everyone too. It is like an extension of my family now.  Your tags are wonderful and I'm even getting to learn about Ice Hockey.. slowly... too, along the way....brilliant!  Jeanie

Anonymous said...

It has been a little over two years for me also. Journaling is a good pastime and yes, you do meet a lot of different people along the way. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

I know I've read you for probably 1 1/2 yrs off and on. I go through phases where I lay low on reading and then pick back up again! I've been at it for over 2 yrs I think, maybe even close to 3 guess I should go and look! LOL
Great entry! I've met some really wonderful people on here and some not so wonderful! Most make jland very interesting!

God Bless
Christy

Anonymous said...

I am having a hard time keeping up lately but i am here reading you and supporting you through goodtimes and bad. Your a lovely lady that gives so much pleasure in the writing and graphics of your journal. Happy 2nd anniversary.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

i love ya, always. Always have. Always will. YOU are a TERRIFIC graphics/tag artist and do not ever think differently. Those who have brought turmoil to your tag world are sloppy seconds and JEALOUS. You have brought joy to me with your friendship that i feared i had lost a time or two and with your ability to be the adult and look past imperfections. You mean the world to me.
lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! May there be M A N Y more J-Land yrs for you, my friend.
Huggies,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd year in Journals ~ you have added so much to JLand with your lovely graphics ~ I for one hope you will be for lots more years  ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Well done on your two years in J-land, Donna. I think we all went through a similar experience. Here's to many more years to come :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till mine is two years old! I am glad you have stuck around cuz I love reading yours.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 2yrs Donna...I've been here 2yrs and 4 months...
I don't keep my journal updated as often as i would like, but i do enjoy writing when I have time to... but most of all i love reading and keeping up with all of ya'll.  
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Happy second anniversary Donna! It's been nice to keep you company along the way, watching your graphics take shape into the fantastic ones you do now! Here's to many more years in J-Land! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

Congrats babes!! Here's hoping to many more years!! *Hugs*

Love ya
xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hey congratulations ,two years wow ,and Ihave read most of your entrys cos Icame in September that year too ,as you say no pass or fail ,your still 'very clever' ..only more so ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy belated JLand Anniversary.
Keep up the great work
Jayne

Anonymous said...

Very happy to have found you in j-land!!!

I have been here just over 2 years....

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!
Sorry to say, yes, I am one of your lurkers..I am Terri's (chevyz71gurl74) mom. I do enjoy each and every one of your entries, even though I don't comment. I am here each and everyday and have had your sister in my prayers. Forgive me for not making myself known before now, as I have been reading your journal for about a year.
Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I have been here for just a couple months over 1 year. It is truely a wonderful place to be here in Jland. I am happy to of gotten to know you. (((((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

    Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary! (Now you're suppose to sing the words, but since I have no sense of music, you are on your own for what notes to use.) But seriously, Happy Anniversary.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/Jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! ;-)