Sunday, June 17, 2007

~ Enjoy ~

               DsDesignsEnjoyDolphin.gif


Well, the sun is trying to peak out here.  This morning was a little gloomy and had my heart a bit heavy.  The weatherman had said it would be 80+ today with a chance of scattered rain.  Why did it have to scatter in my area?  GRRRRRR  It came down in buckets and I hoped it would end early enough that we could enjoy the pool along with good food and company.  I think ::knocking on wood:: my prayers have been answered.  There is a lovely breeze, but it's warm!  I can see the dark clouds move out and reveal bright blue skies.  Lets hope it continues!  The pavement appears dry and with the breeze and sun the grass will soon follow. 

 

Our contribution for the day is about ready to go.  Homemade ice cream cake and fruit kabobs with some cheese.  I will also be frying up some mushroom and onion to go along with the steak, but I will do that right before dinner.  Soggy mushrooms are not good!  I've talked to a few of my sisters already today and I know we will have way more food then what is needed.  Can you say 'stuff yourself'?  Good thing some of the gifts will be floats and such for the new pool,  we'll need them!!

 

I haven't heard from my son this morning.  I tried to call his cell and I bounced right into voice mail.  That could mean a number of things.  He's ignoring me LOL, he was on it, it's turned off, or his battery died.  He did say that he took his charger with him so I am thinking it's off.  What good kid would ignore their Mom's call at the crack of dawn?  ROFL!!!!  We'll have steak for him and his girlfriend in case.  If they don't show... well I will have steak again tomorrow.  Hmmmm let me think here ::weighing options::  want him, there don't.  :)  Of course I want them there, don't even think otherwise.

 

I was trying to come up with something for you all to say enjoy yourselves, whatever you do.  Today or any other day.  I was messing with the dolphins the other day to make a tag request but decided a snag would work.  I've been doing far to few of them lately.  I absolutely love how it came out though.  A bit different then the fritillary I've been using, eh?  Yes, feel free to snag.  Sending good wishes and good thoughts to all.   Enjoy the day to the fullest.  Time to get moving here and get the last minute things done.

 

Hugs

~d

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Dophin looks like flipper! Have a great Sunday.

Gaz

Anonymous said...

happy to hear the weather is clearing up. hope you hear from your son soon. mmmmm your dinner sounds good. love the tag and i snagged. TY have a great day with your family. ((((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Flipper has made his way to AOL.  HAHAHA That graphic is out of this world!  The water movement is perfect.  I like the other effect too, but this one is top notch!  I'm glad the sun has made it's arrival for your day and I hope the other son does too.  Enjoy YOURSELF.  I look forward to another post later with all the events of your day.  

Anonymous said...

Glad it's cleared up for you!! Have a great time at the BBQ!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful day and entry

Anonymous said...

beautiful snag and I sure hope your son shows up tonight :)

Theresa

Anonymous said...

I hope the rain holds off for you all day. Wish I was there to help you eat the ice cream cake! Lol! Have a great time! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely family get-together.  Wish I could come and enjoy a steak with you all.  Sounds like a great time will be had by everyone. Hope your son and his girlfriend makes it on time.   I've snagged the dolphins by the way...great tag!   Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the steak!!  I'm in the mood for a good rare ribeye myself -- better go do some thawing.....

Russ

Anonymous said...

I always luv the way you describe your family get togethers, the food especially is so mouthwatering, next time I might hop on the plane!
luv bella x

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day and the wonderful food.....Then relax & twirl around in the pool...Wish we could get some of that rain....My hay, oh excuse me its grass (LOL) is just so pitiful..

Michele

P.S. If I wasn't so green from flying.....I'd say I'd come visit.....

Anonymous said...

We need the rain you dont want......it has not rained here in ages and we are in a drought. Something tells me you and your family had a good day....i cant wait to hear about the food and see your pics.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Too HOT here today... can you send some 'gloom' over here... LOL!!  Have a great dinner!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Homemade ice cream and fruit kabobs!!  yummy!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I hope your day went well and they did show up for steak . . . I know I wouldn't have missed that!  

Phil