Wednesday, June 20, 2007

~ Off To Work With Bryan ~

           DsDesignsTaDa.gif


Ok, most of you know I am a jock at heart.  What you may not know is I listen to sports talk radio when I'm driving to and from work.  I need the scoop on my boys ::grin:: and just sports in general.  Today on the way to work it was boring.  Yeah, I know it's boring to most of you all time.  Well, they were talking about crap and no insight about what is happening with signing players for next season so I turned it off.  I have a 6 disc CD player that is loaded.  With what CDs you ask?  I have no idea (well I do now), but at the time I had no idea what I had in there.  I just turned it on.  The CD that started to play was Bryan Adams.  It was about midway thru track 2.  I smiled and remembered how much that CD meant to me.  A different place a different time.  I cranked it and started to sing along.  Now mind you I cannot carry a tune to save my life and I don't pretend I can.  This morning I didn't care.  It was good music that brought back some sweet memories.  Who'd hear me anyway?

 

Well, the highway I need to take to get downtown has some construction going on.  Go figure!?!  Summer in this area?  It's also known as construction season!   Actually for years you had to pay a toll to drive that part of the highway.  It was suppose to be temporary and lasted a gazillion years.  Several months ago they stopped.  They are now tearing down the divider that housed the toll booths.  They are doing half at a time.  So they have the traffic merging into a few lanes to keep the cars away from the workers and the heavy equipment.  It's a nice cool morning so I'm driving with my windows open.  Enjoying the breeze, the sun, and the fresh air.  Good music that is making me 'bop' a bit in my seat and I'm singing.  Then it came on.  One of my favorite Bryan Adams songs.  I'm engulfed in memories.  Remembering a time and a person.  Traffic slows as we are merging and going by the workers.  Stop and go.  I'm not paying much attention, I'm enjoying the song.  Next thing I know I hear a deep voice singing with me.  I hadn't even realized how loud I had gotten, but let me tell you I was belting it out.  There, not to far away, is a guy singing along with me.  Our eyes lock and I can feel my face turn every shade of red imaginable.  I lower my voice and he gets louder.  I was surprised he knew the words.  It's what you might call 'a chick' song.  Maybe he sings it to his 'chick'?  He was hot.  I don't just mean sweaty hot, but built to a 't', a body you'd want to touch,  dark hair, bright blue eyes.   He smiles and gives me a wave as to say 'come on, sing'.  So there on the highway I was laughing and having fun with some gorgeous strange guy singing a chick song.  A somewhat seductive chick song.  Damn!  Where were my business cards!?!?!   LOL  What a way to start the day!  I waved and smiled as I drove past, his bright smile came back at me.  I laughed all the way in to office.  Wonder what he thought after that whole event.  As I write, I laugh again.  What CD should I play tomorrow??  I will have my business card out this time.  LMAO!!!!

 

So I searched You Tube to find the song.  I found a good 30 of him singing live, but the sound was horrible and I wanted you to be able to hear it.  I found the 'actual video', but I forgot how much I hated it when it first came out.  The 'action' takes away from the song in my opinion.  A bit bizarre.   This one is good.  It gives you the words and a clear version of the song.  Now you tell me, what would you make of some strange, good looking guy singing this along with you?  How embarrassed would you be?  Would you continue to sing or turn and pretend you didn't just get busted making an ass out of yourself?   Can't wait to hear what you would do.  :)~

 

I'm off to bed.  g'nite

 

Hugs

~d

 
             

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

D, Dare I say I'd sing along and give you MY business card.  HEHEHEHEHE
Nice song, hadn't heard it before.

Anonymous said...

Well Donna .I am a big big Bryan Adams fan.If this guy was as you say he was LOL!! I would have changed my song and sang back to him,louder than loud.EVERYTHING I DO I DO IT FOR YOU lol!! Sounded a hunk LOL!! I found the posting so funny though.We  never knows who is watching us do we LOL!! Watch out he might just be waiting about somewhere along that highway today.Get some gargling done and a clear throat ready Haaaaaaaaaaa.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I listen to hours and hours of sports talk radio.  Right now I'm listening to the Royals/Cardinals game which is in the FOURTEENTH inning!  They may play all night....I should put on some coffee.  ;)

Russ

Anonymous said...

wel I never heard that song before. But I do love me some good music I tell you NOTHING like listening to good ole music. traveling along singing (even though IM tone deaf) and blasting away. yeah I have been caught a few times. NOT LIKE THAT LOL but well if i was you I would have my business card handy adn ready !!!!!!!!!! yeah play you some more music hey try some sexy rod stewart songs.

Anonymous said...

I might be sixty Donna but I reckon I would have sung even louder with this 'hunk'  Oh my!   He sounded hunky dorey!  <<<sigh>>>  one can dream.  Get those cards handy for next time.....lo!   Chance encounters are memorable, especially this one where he knew all the words to the song...I guess I can guess what you were dreamin' last  night.   And it wasn't printing out extra business cards.   lol!  What a wonderful interlude...this was a fun piece of writig.  Thanks for the smiles.     Jeanie

Anonymous said...

OMG that is too funny!  I would of died!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I cant  say I remember that  song ,fancy Mr Hunk knowing it wow ,but willing to learn,Oh wait a minute I cant drive ! would it work on my bike do you think ? keep your cards handy girl.. go for it ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

on back of card write, If your not married call me, lol. I love Bryan Adams music. ((((((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Damn D!!!!!!!!!

You should have pulled over and batted your adorable eyes and come up with some line to see if SexyWorkerDude is married and if not, give him your #. Tell him to take you karoking and you can sing it into his ear in a soft voice over a romantic candle light dinner. Wowsy. What a story!!!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I loved that bit "Our eyes lock" what a lovely story ~ sounds like you were having fun while driving ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love the song...I think it is hysterical that the guy was singing with you...now that is a new way of meeting someone....
thanks for sharing it all
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of this is: I forgot how much I hated it when it first came out.  So did I. ~ Mary

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I had to smile when I heard it... brought back some memories... Just wanted to stop by and thank you for stopping by my journal. I appreciate the good wishes and prayers for me and my family... It really means alot... thank you so very much... :)

Mik
http://journals.aol.com/alohamik/DiaryofRock-n-RollMen

Anonymous said...

<<Singin along >>  I loveee Bryan Adams

Oh gosh Donna where was your camera...when
you and this HOT construction worker was singing
a duet together...hehehe  

I hope you remembered your business cards...
hopefully u will see him again today ;)

Howwww sweet...I love when a man can show
his sensitive side and not be ashamed!!  hehe

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Well, I'ved heard of people pulling in a supermarket but never in a traffic jam before lol, Go Donna!! lol
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

I hope you keep your business cards in your glove compartment in future! Lol! I think I'd be slightly embarrassed, I've got a voice that could floor a rhino at two hundred paces! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

idk  how do u get a video on here it dosent work 4 me

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Well, I love Bryan Adams myself.  And that was hilarious what happened to you with the other guy singing along.  LOL

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

See I knew this was a story I just couldn't wait to read until tomorrow morning!

Oh my gosh! Seriously I know that if I EVER need a laugh after a long rough day all I need to do is come read your journal! You have the most eventful life I swear! I swear that if that happened to me I would've been so embarrassed that I probably would've put my windows up and got on my cellphone to create a distraction! Hopefully you will get to see him tomorrow on your way to work!!! Who knows!! :)

Theresa

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BRYAN ADAMS!!!  I would have pulled over, got out, and sang a duet for everyone driving by... who cares if you can't sing.... HE'D be singing with you!!!!  LOL!!!  I hope you see him tomorrow, I want to hear more about this one!!!  LOL!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Nice one!! I too have the volume cranked up in my car, and when the 'new' vehicle arrive it will have a detachable roof & a sun roof so neighbours and the streets of Northamptonshire beware, LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

So funny!  It sounds like something out of a romance novel. "The next time she drove by he was waiting for her and handed her a note with his phone number on it ........".  Thanks for bringing a smile to my face! ~  Caroline  ~
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure

Anonymous said...

How cute. Bet that made your day. Probably made his also. Helen

Anonymous said...

Drat! You single women have all the fun, lol. Always have loved Bryan Adams, and have most of his CD's. I prefer to just listen to his music, and not watch his videos, as I also think that they don't portray the images that I get in my mind when I listen. They say video killed the radio star, but sometimes I prefer not to watch the video - just listen and use my imagination. Hope you see Mr. Hunky again. ::drool::
Always, Rose~*

Anonymous said...

    You're damn right I would! I could deal with hot constructions guys singing romatic songs.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good way to start the day!
bella x

Anonymous said...

I can't see any ride to work with you being boring...and the song fest was so cute.  Here's this hunk of a guy...singing a chick song...how cool was that.  You have the  most fun...enjoy your weekend...and keep singing!!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You are just too funny! Thanks, Sheri

Anonymous said...

You're a tomboy D! : )  I sorta am too.  sometimes.  then other times I just wanna be all girly.  Go figure.  I can't stand sports radio(especially commentators), but I love me some Bryan Adams!  If I was singing and some gorgeous dude pulls up next to me singing too, I would just keep on singing loud and proud. lol  Love ya honey!  Shelly

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh!  I love that song and I would sing right along with my blue eyed stranger!

Anonymous said...

LOL D........sounds like you had fun  :o)

hugs
Jayne