Sunday, June 10, 2007

~ Fabulous ~


Create Your Own
 

The day was actually better then fabulous.  What would that be?  What word would I use?  Got out to the slip that my nephew has his boat at about 12:30, I guess.  The Marina next door was hopping.  There was some fishing tournament going on (or ending), don't ask me what kind of fish.  I don't fish, I don't put bait on a hook, I am good holding the pole and that's it :)~   Boats were heading back for either more gas or to call it a day.  The boats were unbelievable.  Some ranged from little rinky dink motor boats to huge yacht types with fishing poles and gear aboard.  As we got our things in order on the boat and had a bite to eat we chatted with those coming in as they passed by.  Some had a loot of fish others were not as lucky.  Some wore silly hats and enjoyed the adventure, others looked way to serious on such a beautiful day.  Once we were organized we went out for the ride.  We rode out of the creek where the slip was, passing ducks and sea gulls feeding near the break wall.  Once we got into open water it was amazing.  I forget how big the lake is.  Water for miles and miles.  As we headed further south you could see some of the many cottages dotting the beach.  Some had bon fires already built, others were hard at work clearing their beach.  The sky was so blue and the sun felt great on my skin.  Yes, I had plenty of sun screen on.  The breeze felt great on my face but it wasn't long before my hair was pulled up so it didn't slap on my face.  I grabbed a baseball cap and had that on to protect my head as well as my eyes.  Funny thing, I can't wear glasses and take pictures.  We had a nice ride and like I said earlier, I know my nephew.  We pulled in and anchored near the beach bars.  Friends of his were in boats nearby and after a bit some came off the beach out to the boat.  Carrying their belongings as well as coolers.   One shot I took of the party boats anchored nearby, but there were so many more.  Folks in the water too. BRRRRRRR  that water was cold!!!   I took over 100 pictures but didn't want to bore you to tears with all of them, so I only put a few in the slide show.  You know I will do a collage at a later date.  One shot I did take and didn't realize 'the look' until I got it on the computer. It's a shot I took looking off the back of the boat as we headed back.  It almost looks like we are much higher then the land and the hills.  It's kind of bizarre if you ask me. 

 

The day was awesome and I did really well.  It was hot but the breeze kept me cool and refreshed.  Not always sure if it's the heat or the sun, but we were out for a good 5 hours and I'm fine ::grin:: Tired from long day and all the fresh air, but fine.   I got a little color, but nothing compared to some of the 'lobsters' we saw.  Yes, lobsters at the lake!  Aaaah I remember those days!!  I hope everyone had a good day and enjoyed the weekend.  I can't believe I have to go back to work tomorrow. 

 

Hugs

~d

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Awesome!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

The pics are great!!! I had to work, so I am glad one of us got to enjoy the day. Glad things worked out for you. Tawnya

Anonymous said...

wow that was a great day love the pics looks like fun glad it was better than you can describe

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic pics Donna.Looks like you certainly had a great time.I often cannot believe these are lakes when my son sends pics home  at times.Like you say they are so large these lakes.Thats why I love where I live near the sea as I love a place with a harbour and boats.There are some beauties that visit us at times.I am so happy you got wonderful weather and enjoyed your day.It was scorching hot here at home too.YIPPEE.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!  I'm so glad you had a good day at the beach.  Love the slide show and the music.  Blessings, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a wonderful day that sounds and looks like! We'll be going to Maine pretty soon and I'm so looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had an awesome time......how cool is that.....the pics look like your day was fabulous and everyone had a good time.....
Glad you did well in the sun.....
Take Care
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. Don't know what the music is but it got my boy up a jigging, which is quite a feat this early in the morning lol, thanks for sending him off to school in such a happy mood lol.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

I can see from the pics that you had a wonderful time! I'm so glad you got the sunscreen out and went! I can see the pic you meant when you said you seemed much higher up! Weird, didn't know lakes had hills! Lol! Maybe was it cos you were standing for this shot and sitting in the others? The thought of going back to work is never nice, especially after such a good day! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Wonderful slideshow, the pictures are fabulous. So glad that you enjoyed it.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Oh, the pictures are great and I'm loving the color of the water!  Nice you had a great escape.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

D!  This looks like it was a fabulous day.  The sky so blue the water clean and fresh.  I'm jealous!  Good for you on the relaxing Sunday.  Life should be so carefree everyday.

Anonymous said...

well I'm glad you went. I enjoyed those pics you took
alittle bit of everything you got.
Seems you were happy you went to. Glad you enjoyed
your day.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful day! I enjoyed the picture show. Thanks a lot!
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i put over 100 pics in yesterdays video you saw so dont worry about boring us, we all like looking at pics!
LOVE your pics....none of you though. That place looks like heaven....i liked the pics of the wood and the plane too. Love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I loved your pics!! A day on the lake is heaven to me! I miss boating so much. Glad you had a good time.
And I'm STILL jealous!! LOL!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased you decided to go ,and enjoyed it so much,your pictures are great,enjoyed the music on this entry ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

aww man the pictures says it all looks like a great time!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am jealous it looks so wonderful!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow... heavenly... the water looks AMAZING!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Loved, loved, loved,the pictures!!!! Thanks!!!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Wow, D, that lake looks awesome!  I just love boats and water.  I'm glad you decided to go.  Are there really lobsters in the lake or were you kidding?  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Love the slide show. Pictures are awesome. So glaad you had a great time. (((((hugs))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Now, that's my kind of a day!  Glad you got a chance to get out in the boat.  For me there is nothing like it!  Looks like a great place Y'all went to and everyone seemed to be having a great time.
Sam

Anonymous said...

SO glad you had a wonderful time at the lake...
great pics....makes me wanna go...my BIL keeps a boat
at Kentucky Lake...we plan on going a few times this summer...I can't wait!  
Hugs,
Terri