Saturday, June 30, 2007

~ Community Days ~

DsDesignsTownParkFireworks.jpg


Today was a go, go, go day.  From early this morning getting chores done, my niece and 'bug' stopping over, going to see my Dad, and then tonight, the fireworks.  Every year, the weekend before the holiday the town park here has Community Days.  It's a carnival that lasts the entire weekend.  Rides, games, and all the food that is so bad for you.  Saturday night is firework night.  I swear the entire population makes its way to the center of town to watch the show.  The crowds start to build well before darkness falls.  Getting that perfect seat.  Well, I didn't get there as early as I had planned I needed to charge the batteries for my camera.  When I did arrive it was a zoo!  Cars moving at a snails pace, folks walking to their chosen spot.  Cars parked all over.  I cheated :::evil grin::: There is a pizza/sub shop directly across the street from were I was to meet up with the family.  They charge $5, but give you a $5 coupon to use there.  Since it is a place we go to, it is worth it.  So I get to 'our' spot which is right below the works.  It's like our private showing.  Well, ours and probably 10,000 others.  Ok, I'm exaggerating there, LOL, I have no idea how many people live in the town but I swear everyone is there.  The kids are excited and being silly.  I talk and catch up with my niece's in-laws.  Her father in law loves to talk to me about my camera and the graphics I do.  I let him know I recently bought a new memory card and it holds 1 gig.  I'm stoked about that!!   So at 10 sharp the sky is lit with the most amazing colors.  The sounds of snap, crackle, and pop.  Yeah, you're right. more like BOOM!

 

I find it hard to get the beauty, but I was successful with some, or so I think :)~  I'm still learning.  I also took a video of part of the grand finale.  I got a funky light streak through some of it, but no doubt it was the brightness.  I will have to figure out what to do to stop that.  You can still see the blasts and color.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.  Happy 4th a couple days early.  I'm sure there will be more as I have a party to go to on the 3rd :::grin:::

 

Hugs

~d

 
               

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

so pretty the video and the graphic is prettyful too...LOL..have a great weekend!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Fireworks are illegal in this suburb, but that doesn't seem to matter.  Uggh.  Hey -- at least it's a day off of work.

Russ

Anonymous said...

Very nice fireworks!  Hope Dad had a good celebration.  - Barbara

Anonymous said...

Great show!!

Anonymous said...

Watching the fireworks video made me think of my Grandma. When she was too ill to go I would video tape the fireworks from her and we'd pack up the kids and go to her house the following evening to watch it with her. I go to a place every year that also has a full carnival and rides and such, the kids always enjoy it.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

i can see the fire works from penns landing from my front step :)

Anonymous said...

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ...WHAT A GREAT JOB YOU DID ON BOTH THE GRAPHIC...AND THE VIDEO....I FELT LIKE I WAS RIGHT THERE WITH YOU....THANKS FOR SHARING....
HAVE A FUN TIME AT THE PARTY....AND A VERY
"HAPPY 4TH"...HUGGGGERS...STREAK

Anonymous said...

I loved the firework collage very nice, and the video was excellent thanks for sharing ,looks as though you had a good view ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful graphic and video ....I wanted to start going ahhhhh ....ohhhhh while I was watching the video ...you have a happy and safe 4th too

Mari

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what we are doing or even if I have Sarah for the 4th.  Video was great!  Linda

Anonymous said...

You have some brilliant shots there. I hope your weekends good
Love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

I'm no expert, LOL, but I think your pictures are really good.  I'm learning too and I'm thinking that an entire year has gone by since I last shot fireworks ... will I remember my mistakes and lessons?  LOL!

Your evening sounds perfect.  I am so looking forward to our Fourth!

Anonymous said...

Love love love the pics.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

As I cant even figure out how to put pics in my text I think your graphics, and now this video is absolutely superb.  If there are mistakes in it I sure cant see them.  Thank you for sharing them.  We have Canada Day here which is today July 1st.  Our local community also puts on a big celebration which I went to yesterday.  rides, lots of booths to buy things and coummunity involvement.  They even had cars there this year.  The highlight apparently is  the entertainment which is pretty good and a yearly Rib Fest from participants all over Canada and the US for the championship.  Today will be our fireworks display, but I am contemplating at the moment to get in the car and go to Buffalo shopping, lol.  Thanks again for your beautiful entries I always enjoy them.

Anonymous said...

wow awesome photos I hpe to get bettr ones this year with my camera love the top photos you hsould opetnthat up for a laborday pic

Anonymous said...

That nice that they have the celebration the weekend before ....the fireworks were awesome.  We get to have fireworks at home in Virginia...if you want...we do both...have them at home and go watch at our local park...make it a great week!
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

 Now I wish I had taken pictures of our fireworks.  I was too busy watching.  Great shots

                Julie

Anonymous said...

The pics are beautiful.....and the video was fantastic....I loved it all .....thanks for sharing it...
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

you did a wonderful job with the pictures and the video was great too.
MELISSA

Anonymous said...

OMG< the fireworks show was awesome. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Emmi

Anonymous said...

Oh you have me so excited now for Weds.....You did great on the pics and the video. I am going to bring my camera for sure now, (ok-if I remember LOL) What kind a camera do you have??? We have a Kodak Z-760 (I think)

Michele

P.S. Thanks for the help on the graphic stuff (again)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. Your pictures are amazing. I just love fourth of July. I still have no idea where things are going on this year. This is only the 2nd year I have been here so I guess I need to hurry up and figure it out. The video doesn't look so bad. That streak you can see, but it looks great.
http://journals.aol.com/mommyx2ok/okie-momma/
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Those ae amazing firework shots & wonderful graphics!!!!  Very festive!
Marie

Anonymous said...

We will be attending the Fireworks on the Fouth here. They have them on Base. Ft. Dix.
THey are said to be the biggest in South Jersey....so we will see.

Anonymous said...

Amazing firework pictures and awesome video.
Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!  We love fireworks at our house!  The town I grew up in had a similar event.  We always went and loved it.
Traci

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What amazing pics of the fireworks, the colors are so vibrant!
Thanks for sharing....glad you had a good time!
Happy 4th of July

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

i will miss my city fireworks since i work at that time. My digital camera will not take pics at night that show up either. I am just royally screwed i guess. I love your video...awesome awesome video. I love the tag you made too. You are so talented.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

WOW!  Can I just say WOW!  These pictures are outstanding and so clear.  Each little ray of light and color adds a glow.  Fabulous job.  The video is great too, we can ignore the flash line hehehehe  

Anonymous said...

What absolutely stunning fireworks!  
Much better than I see here.  LOL  
Guess I know where to go next summer for the 4th!  ;)

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

the finale is my favorite part!!! LOL!! I love fireworks!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

I love fireworks!!  Ours are this Saturday night over the lake.  Linda