Sunday, June 17, 2007

~ Magnificent ~

DsDesignsFathersDay2007.jpg

 

The day went without a hitch.  The sun came and graced us with her presence.  She blew kisses to our skin the entire day.  There was a slight breeze, but it was just enough to keep us from sweltering in the heat.  I arrived about 1:45 and as I was unloading my car, it seemed to be the perfect time as my other sisters were getting out of their cars.  My niece and her husband were already there with the kids and they were enjoying the pool.  Splashing here and there and telling the rest of us to come in the water was warm.  I walked over to the stairs and put my feet in.  Warm?  I think not!  I shivered from head to toe, though it didn't take long to feel as though I was standing in a warm bath.  It wasn't long before all the 'big' kids arrived.  In and out of the pool, playing games, and snacking on the various goodies sitting out.  The fruit kabobs were a huge hit and were gone rather quickly.  Nothing like swimming and fresh air to give you a huge appetite. 

 

My niece brought over a yard game Kan Jam.  Not sure if you are familiar, but it was huge hit.  It's a Frisbee game and is played somewhat like horseshoes, or Frolph (Frisbee golf), but with a garbage type can.  The can sits on the ground and is about 2 feet high.  The top is open and there is a slot in the front.  You play as a team (2 players each) and you throw the Frisbee to the 'kan'.  Your partner is across from you and can deflect the Frisbee towards the 'kan'.  If you hit the can on your own 2 points, if your partner deflects to hit it you get 1.  If you get it in the can you get 3 points, with or without help from your partner.  In the slot?  Game over.  It was a riot to watch, and everyone who played enjoyed it.  That is until my son and his girlfriend showed up.  LOL  teasing...... but she did get the Frisbee in the slot in one of their games and it caused an onslaught of teasing and jokes. 

 

Dinner was fabulous.  The steaks done to perfection and there was enough of everything to feed an army.  Oh wait, we are an army when we get together.  :)  Salads, veggies, potato's, bread, and of course the ice cream cake for dessert.  Everyone was hungry and there were very little left over.  It was perfect, always easy clean up when everything is gone. 

 

Dad had fun, though his picture above doesn't show it.  He smiled and laughed as his crew enjoyed themselves in his company, for his day.  He got some nice gifts.  I think his favorite was us all being there.  He did see my entry for him, but after we had gone.  He left a very modest comment.  Like he didn't know I was talking about him ::grin::  Silly Grumps!!   LOL why do we call him 'grumps'?  When my nephew was little he couldn't say grandpa, it came out grump.  Well, 26 years later we all still call him that.  Well, most of the time.  He is also known as Papa Pal.  Anytime he'd see Gage he would say, 'How ya doing pal?'  When Gage started talking more and more he associated that with Dad.  He has several grandpa's (Dad being the 'great') and he started calling him Papa Pal.  From the first time he said it we all knew who he meant.

 

Well, I'm rambling and it's late.  I have a gazillion alerts but I'm not sure my eyes will make it through them all.  I will make a valiant attempt.  If not tonight, tomorrow.  I do hope everyone had a fabulous day!  Night

 

Hugs

~d

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna...it sounds like you had such a wonderful day! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Isn't great that we now know that whole bit about waiting an hour after you eat to get in the pool is a MYTH!  I made ribeyes under the broiler tonight.  No pool action though...I can't even imagine appearing in swim trunks these days!  Yikes

Russ

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all the ingredients for a perfect day!

Anonymous said...

     Happy Father's Day to you and your family.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Fathers day your Dad must have felt so proud and so blessed ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Again your pics in your header are awesome....looks like everyone had a blast and what a great way to spend the day...with family...
So glad you all had fun and laughs...Great Blessings...
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

that game sounds interesting wish you ha d a pic of it to see the whole game. but sounds like you had a great time nad yes it was hot hot hot yesterday

Anonymous said...

magnificent is right.  Your display of pictures from the day says it all, fun!  So happy you could spend the day with good people and good food. Thanks for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

How lovely to have such a brilliant family get-together.  It sounded great.  Super photos too.    Jeanie  xx

Anonymous said...

Donna your pictures are lovely looks like everyone was having fun in the pool ~ Glad your Dad has such a great Fathers Day ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful day.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great. Looks like everyone is having a great time. Glad that your dad had a great Father's Day. The dinner sounds delish. Helen

Anonymous said...

I love the way you display your family in photos...and all looked great...lots of fun.
Got to get that game for our family...going later today to check it out.  We need something like that for our pool parties.  The food sounded wonderful too.  I hope your week goes well...many hugs and love,
Joyce
http://journals.aol.com/springangel235/TreasureChestFullofLife/
http://journals.aol.com/springangel235/save-the-drama-for-your-mama/

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was a great day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd have a fabulous father's day spread complete with photos, so I wanted to be sure to see.  I also have some catching up to do.  Nice photo of your dad on 'his' day.  Your family has fun with each other and that is appealing.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

I just love your collages...I wish one day i could learn to fancy up my pics like that...too cute!  Glad everyone had a wonderful time.

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

beautiful collage. everyone looks so happy. the food sounds awesome. sorry i am late in getting to this entry. I am so far behind. ((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear you had a blessed FD!
Love,lj

Anonymous said...

My mom is "MeeMaw" because that's how my oldest nephew said, "Grandma."  She's been MeeMaw ever since.  It's how Pop got to be Pop, too.  Rob's other granparent were going with the mom-mom/pop-pop thing.  Rob could never get grandpop out but shortened the pop-pop of his other grandfather to Pop.  Soon we were all calling him that.
Funny how new babies come along and jus sort of change everything! And was say... "Ok!."