Thursday, March 16, 2006

Animation Disappear?

          DsDesignsAutumnPresence.gif


Over the course of me doing animations both here and at my tag journal I've had comments and emails from folks with issues on getting the graphics to save as .GIFs   I've heard that once you click save as if you do not have that option you can go ahead and add .GIF after what is there and it will work. 

 

The other day I was journal surfing and I found one of my graphics that looked really bad.  (sorry Hon)  I commented and emailed offering my help.  After a few attempts and a few emails it has been figured out.  I didn't realize this, but was told by this person that she had her settings set at maximum compression.  Once she lifted that setting she had the .GIF option and was able to save the graphics correctly.  Turns out she wasn't even seeing all the animations and has a whole new world opened up to her.  Or I hope :)

 

Just a thought, but if you are having issues with saving GIFs you may want to look at your settings.  Go to Safety, Settings, Internet options and see what you have.  She told me once she fixed that setting she had .GIF as an option when saving. Try it, might just work for you and your animation will not disappear :)


Good Luck

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...very interesting.  Great tip about the settings.  I just check and it was ok, but I had to check. lol  Love the tag, GBU Shelly

Anonymous said...

I love that graphic but don't understand maximum settings. Dummy behind keyboard here:(
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Oh, skip that last comment. I understand now. Duh!!

Anonymous said...

I am pretty dumb when it comes to graphics.  I'm lucky I figured out how to use my FTP file!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h