Saturday, March 18, 2006

Retreat

        DsDesignsRetreat.gif


Other than the excitement of getting my new car, today was pretty calm and restful.  A few errands, cleaning out my old car, and laundry.  I had to pick Steve up last night at a 11 and when I got home I was wound like a 10 day clock.  No way I was falling asleep.  I did a few things on line and when I did go to bed I slept like a rock.  It was a nice restful sleep that went right into morning.  It was about 8ish when I woke up and the house was like a retreat.  The sun was out even though it was a brisk 20 degrees.  I could hear the humming of my furnace and is pumped warm air through the house.  As much as I hate getting up in morning, I do love the quiet.  Well, it's not that I hate getting up I just hate having to move and rush.  I like to be able to sit and drink my coffee as I lounge a bit in my jammies, robe, and fuzzy slippers.  Let each muscle feel the warmth of the coffee as it makes its way through me.  Let my eyes adjust to the light and movement.  Let my senses take in the new day at a leisurely pace.  No clock watching to see how much time I have before I have to go.  I seem to get a lot of graphics done on a Saturday morning too.  Maybe all my creative juices are flowing, maybe I have a clear head, whatever the reason I do like that time. 

 

The boys had a chance to go into first place in the division tonight.  They played Ottawa who held the lead by one point.  A win would put us ahead by one.  Unfortunately they came out a little flat and really got outplayed for 40 minutes.  I didn't understand it, and wondered are they trying to mislead them for a later date?  Either way they did get back into the game and it was 3-2 with very little time left and are our goalie was on the bench when the scored in the empty net making the final score 4-2.  There are still 16 games left in the season so there is time left to overtake 1st, but either way they will be in the playoffs and be able to make a run for Lord Stanley.

 

Off to get some graphics for you wonderful folks and maybe work on a few more before bed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your entry very much.  i too love not to rush and this is spring break and I plan to lounge around in Jammies as long as I want. lol.  Hugs. Terry Ann.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very nice and peaceful morning. I like mornings like that too. It's nice to start the day off calmly and just let it all sink in slowly and not wakeup to fast and chaotic surroundings.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S worth talking about! HOCKEY! The race for home ice advantage! Coming down the home stretch with a head of steam towards the playoffs baby! And my two favorite teams, Stars and Sabres are on the brink of capturing the coveted home advantage throughout! Can you say "rematch"?

Kotalik at the top of his game. Same for Lehtinen and Arnott. Sabres arguably the best power play team in the league. Turco arguably the best net minder this season (although he NEEDS rest, ... overplayed?)

Sabres downright scary in games where they score first: 27-5-3. Lydman is playing great, takes no crap, and good things happen when he's on the ice. He is a perfect fit in Buffalo.

Jason Arnott on pace for the best season of his career.

Stars and Sabre are 2 points and 3 points, respectively from being overall Conference leaders in point standings! Go Stars! Go Sabres!

I LOVE THIS GAME!....

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I like to ease my way into the new day ,the way you describe too ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h