Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It's in the Air

          DsDesignsSignofSpring.gif


Spring is finally in the air!  I woke up this morning and the sun was already up and out.  The brightness was bouncing of the glass on the windows.  The sky was a crisp light blue and the angels must have been playing tug of war with the clouds.  They were stretched so thin it looked like cotton candy whisped at random in the sky.  I actually heard birds chirping and the neighbors dog bark as is chased Peter rabbit through their backyard.  I had an extra bounce in my step as I got ready for work.  When I finally got outside it wasn't as warm as looking through the window would have you believe, but it was 40ish and I loved it!  I could smell ozone in the air.  Like the fresh scent after a rain.  All I could think of was the dew had dissipated and that was what I was smelling.  I drove to work with my windows opened a crack and music blaring.  No jock show this morning I wanted to move to the beat.  Signs of Spring!

 

Work was a bore and all I wanted to do was leave and enjoy a beautiful day.  A light breeze coming in off the lake had the temps in the city a little cooler than what they'd be at my house but it was still wonderful.  Mid 50s at least.  At lunch I could hear outdoor tools hard at work.  Lawn movers, edge trimmers, and a few buzzing sounds I couldn't place.  Street cleaners were washing away the soot that sat at the edge of the streets.  It was noisy but a magnificent sound.  Signs of Spring!

 

On the way home the highway workers had cut the grass at the on/off ramps.  Workers used pokers to pick up trash and carefully put it in their bags.  I had to chuckle at one worker.  I could see him from a distance with his bag, and as I got closer the top had been rolled back, to keep the slop on the inside no doubt, it swayed in the breeze and it looked as though he was carrying around an oversized condom.  I couldn't resist, I had to toot my horn and wave.  Signs of Spring!

 

The boys won their game tonight 4-3 over the Bruins.  It was a wild game but the boys are out of their losing streak.  Ten games left in the regular season and then it is on to post.  Signs of Spring!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe...you got a fever?  A little...delirious, maybe?  LOL  JK ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

An over sized condomn, lol! Too funny! It was a nice day here too for a change. I'm SO done with the dreary weather! I want the birds out singing and the warmth of the sun and the bright and blue sky's and flowers and just the SMELL, spring brings! I'm SICK of rain and wind and overcast skys! It's just a real downer for me. With all that has been going on in my life, I need a lil' sunshine. At least now the playing around in the PSP has detoured my mind from all that. I am having fun learning with it. Thanks again for all your help BTW.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

We are having beautiful weather here in Texas...but expecting rain tomorrow.  Warm but maybe a little wet.  
Had to smile about the oversized condom....funny.
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/SamNsmile5/LettingItAllSinkIn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a joyful entry ,your words were as picturesque as your graphics ,talking of which this one is lovely .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You make driving to and from work sound enjoyable!  ;o) - Barbara

http://journals.aol.com/bhbner2him/LifeFaithinCaneyhead/