Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Some Good News

     DsDesignsWinterRiverScene.gif


Even though it is cold and dreary out it must be spring.  They took the Ice Boom out.  The Ice Boom is installed each winter at the eastern end of Lake Erie.  It goes from the breakwall in Buffalo Harbor across the lake almost to the Canadian shore.  It reduces the amount of ice going from Lake Erie into the River.  We all know what kind of damage ice can cause, but it can also reduce the water flow to the hydro-electric power plant intakes.  Those on the East Coast might not be happy if their power goes out.  Taking the boom out is always a good sign.  It also lets the ice left in the water move away from the city and the air can warm up. 

 

The really good news is my son got his car and it's on the road.  Yiipppeeee!  It's not the prettiest nor is it the newest, but he has wheels to cart his own ass back and forth to work and fit into his budget right now.  He can deal with the cold air coming off the River, the fog rolling across the road, and the dark dark nights.  His eyes are better then mine!  He got up early this morning, went to pay for and get the paperwork, went to get his insurance, (LOL he is off mine now), went to the DMV and got it registered and the plates, and went back to the car to hook himself up.  He had to go early because he had to work at 3.  He pulled up to the DMV and the line was out the door.  I can only imagine the lovely language that came out of him as went to stand in line.  Wasn't bad though, it took less than an hour. 

 

It's an old Probe with lots of miles, but dependable.  Family members know the guy he got it from and they feel confident it will give him the several months he needs until he can save up the big bucks he is earning and buy something else.  I didn't think it was too bad, but I am no motor head (I'm a jock, remember?)  It wasn't a rust bucket, is sky blue (which he could do without), and it has a sunroof.  He smiled ear to ear as he showed me.  He has turned down several hours of overtime because of his lack of wheels.  Apparently, they wait until close to the end of the shift to spread the word and ask and by then I was already on my way to get him.  So now he is planning working a few 12 hour shifts during the week.  Geeze he WILL be making more then me.  How is that fair?  LOL

 

As you can see I really like this new technique and have done several graphics using it.  This is not a picture I took, and really isn't what our waterfront looks like, well not everywhere.  It did remind me of the rides to the plant though.  Ice chunks floating and bobbing in the water.  Sometimes beautiful sunsets, of course the snow the past couple weeks, and the fog hanging over like a blanket dancing around.  It's a drive I won't miss but when I saw this graphic I had to play with it for this entry.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures and yeah no more driving the son around.  Good for him that he has a car.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your son on his new wheels & new job!
Animations look fabulous!!!
~Marie

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your son. The ani's are awesome.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!  I really like this.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Iam so pleased Steve has his car ,both for him and you ,now you can go to bed and not get up until YOU have to ,yes I sort of guessed you were into the new method of graphics ,which I have to admit are very clever and I love looking at them ,.......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats young man!  Not only on landing that job but on your new wheels!  Be safe.  D -- love that graphic.  It's really nice.

Anonymous said...

Yay for your son finally getting his own wheels.  I'm sure that takes a load off of mom.  I can't wait for my daughter to start driving.  She's going to drive me everywhere! lol  I really love the new techniques you are using.  I have been playing around with adding animations to my tags.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

This one is totally awesome!!!  Probably my favorite so far.  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wish your son good luck, he's really doing the right thing, and isn't afraid to work hard. I'm thinking it won't be very long before he's enjoying the fruits of his labor. This was a nice story to read, and to read about someone who doesn't mind putting in the extra hours to get to what he wants!

Jimmy