Saturday, March 11, 2006

Well Rested

    DsDesignsSummerDays.gif


I am thinking with a somewhat clear head today.  After dinner last night I was a terrible host to my son.  I asked him if he'd mind if I laid down for a bit while he watched TV and did his laundry.  Of course he didn't.  This gave him free reign of everything, most importantly the computer and the remote at the same time.  I asked for 30-45 minutes and he agreed.  That was about 6:30 or so.  I don't think I lasted but a second.  I was off to dreamland.  My bed felt like a mixture of feathers and foam.  My body just sunk in and each muscle relaxed in unison.  My pillow hugged my head and caressed each hair.  Eyelids fell closed and my lashes rested comfortably on each other.  That's all I remember.  I don't think I moved an inch.  Next thing I heard was him coming in and asking if I'd take him home.  I moved a bit, grumbled yes and that was it.  I am not sure how much later he came back, but then I actually woke up.  I stretched out my legs, let me toes reach for the end of the bed.  Arched my back and let my arms reach as far as they could.  I swear had I gone any further I would have cramped up and been stuck like that.  I shuffled out of my room, rubbing my eyes and looking at the clock I realized it was almost 9.  I mumbled something to the effect about sleeping so long and my son answered with 'I figured you needed it.'  I smiled and said thanks, but also knew he fell asleep too.  I'd let him think I thought he did something extremely nice.  LOL

 

After taking him home, I did not stay up very long.  Maybe an hour or so.  I think I had time to post the last graphics and more or less and went back to bed.  Again, it did not take long to fall asleep and I was in bed until almost 8:30.  I had hoped for longer but my body was ready to get up.  As I made coffee I realized my brain was ready to.  I didn't feel fuzzy anymore.  I wasn't ready to do a jig by any stretch, but I felt I was moving in the right direction.  As I cleaned up from the coffee everything went inits rightful spot.  No coffee in the fridge, creamer in the cupboard, you know that drill!  I went through the pile of mail on my counter that has sat there for a week.  I didn't do anything with it other than open it, LOL, but it was a step further than it had been.  I did grocery shopping bright and early and started the household chores when I got home. 

 

When I went out this morning I was in jeans and sweatshirt.  No winter coat!  No coat at all!  The temps have been in the mid 50s to 60s today, currently it is stating it is 62.  I've seen very little signs of winter other then the grime on the side of the road.  For those of you not familiar, after each winter the sides of the road are full of grime/muck.  Left over salt, little pebbles, or anything else the plows may have deposited as they cleared the streets.  There is very little wind, and the air smells fresh and clean, not a crisp breeze we'd normally have in March.  Patches of my grass are already summer green, and I swear you can see each blade stretch after a long winter nap.  I thought about going out and raking the front, but ummm... NOT!  It was only a passing thought.  I made sure my heat was turned down, and I've got the windows opened a crack.  The fresh air swirling in the house is wonderful.  I won't count on this weather sticking around and spring coming just yet, it is probably just our normal tease around this time of year.  Though nothing else has been normal about our weather, I will not give in to the tease!  I will look forward to days of seeing sailboats on the water and being able to relax with a nice cool drink as the warm breeze comes in off the lake.

 

The boys played early today and beat the Flyers of Philadelphia 6-5.  We were down 2-0 at the end of the first period, but roared back in the 2nd with goals by Dumont and Hecht in the first 5 minutes.  The lead didn't last long as the Flyers scored within a couple minutes.  It went back and forth with goals and was tied at 5 until there was only 4 seconds on the clock when Grier shot home the game winner.  Had to be heart wrenching for the Flyer fans.  So close, yet so far.  Unreal that the boys are able to come back game after game lately, but I think Ryan needs a little rest, way too many goals in the past two games.  We are back home with a 5 o'clock start tomorrow against Boston.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you caught up with some sleep, I am hoping I can tonight as well!! The way you described going to sleep was lovely, I almost felt myself in that bed, LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for spring to get here!
Beautiful graphic and glad you got some rest.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry ,Iam so pleasedyou had a good sleep ,it certainly inspired you,I really enjoyed this ............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry ,Iam so pleasedyou had a good sleep ,it certainly inspired you,I really enjoyed this ............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I just ADORE the way you write Donna, I really do.  You could write about something like doing the dishes and I would read it and enjoy every minute of it!  I am so happy you were able to get some much needed rest.  I don't know what I would do without my sleep.  I need it almost as much as coffee!  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

......"Arched my back and let my arms reach as far as they could.  I swear had I gone any further I would have cramped up and been stuck like that..."

LOL!!
Sounds like you needed that rest.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Your nap sounded devine!  The weather has been really nice, but I've had to work so can't enjoy it all day long!  Linda