Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Hump Day!

                    


I want to thank everyone for the words of support regarding my miserable mood.  I do want to clarify that the company I work for has been good to me throughout the years and I have not been looking at them through rose colored glasses that all of a sudden have been taken off.  I am still angry over the set up, but it is more about the management team and holding employees accountable for their actions than it is about my pay.  No doubt everyone deals with slackers and favorites that seem to get away with everything.  Yesterday it was just brought to the forefront.  I don't think my structure will change, but I do think some lights will be twinkling and things will be corrected. Today wasn't a bad day, it went without a hitch and I had some good meetings with my boss.  She is most definitely understanding in the situation and sees things for what they are. 

 

About 4 in the afternoon I got a call from my son.  He gave his normal pleasantries and then went on to say something had happened today that would not make me happy.  He went on and on and then asked me if I was ready.  I wanted to choke him, shake him, and tell him, 'just tell me.'  What more could happen?  Well, he hesitated a bit longer and then informed me his uncle did not have to drive him into work in the am.  I felt a tightness in my throat and I asked him why not.  He then proceeded to tell me he had to work at 3 instead of 7.  My heart skipped a beat, how could he get there in the middle of the afternoon as everyone would be at work.  He got quiet then blurted out, not 3 in the afternoon, but 3 in the morning.  Yeap, he is headed for overtime already.  He will be working 3-3.  Ouch!  So guess who will be crawling out of bed at 2am to get his arse there.  It's not like he had much of a choice, what would he say after being there less than a week, no?  In his eyes he is looking at it as more money and a new car quicker.  How do I argue that?  He's doing everything he can to get himself into another vehicle before he kills me with these hours.  LOL

 

No doubt I need to get to bed and get a few hours sleep before I have to get up.  I've already made arrangements at work to go in a bit later if I need to.  I haven't decided yet, I will play it by ear.  Is the week over yet????? 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe honey, things will get better soon. I hope ya get enough sleep.

Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

OMG! and you were lookiing to getting 3 hours of sleep.  I guess they say we are not given more than we can handle. hummmm!  I guess you can handle alot! lol.  I do so hope that you can catch up on some z's and hope that things turn to good at work.  Life some times hands out the funniest of cards to play with.  Takecare, friend and smiles.  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

((((nmm)))))  You're a good mom hon'. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

good entry, I'm happy things were looking up at work and your son still has a job. I'm reading it at the edge of my seat. Long long day for sure. Have fun driving.

Anonymous said...

I was feeling the suspense! If that's the worse he does - no worries :)

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

um I hope things are going more smoothly soon
hugs.nat

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good old Mum we're always there for them arent we (dont we sometimes feel tempted to hide lol),Well it has to get better hopefully he can soon afford a car ,then you can sleep again ,remember sleep ?Bless your heart your a good Mum ,and he loves you ............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi D.  Glad your day went better.  And good for your son on the overtime.  I like the tag!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

yeah D that fairy is awsome, sorry about the kid's shifts

Anonymous said...

That tag is so pretty!  Can you tag it for me with my name on it?

I'm sorry you're going through such frustrating times.  What a good mom you are!  Hope he gets his car back soon!

~*~Carolyn~*~

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW . . . 3 to 3?? I would have passed out already around 12 am lol. Hopefully he won't have to do it for long. Take care.

Poochie