Saturday, March 4, 2006

Where did the day go?

                     DsDesignsPelicans.gif


I wanted so bad to sleep in this morning.  I was actually hoping for 10 maybe?  It wasn't to be.  At 7am I was up and moving.  I jumped out of bed with a start thinking I had to be someplace, my heart was racing and my breath was almost labored.  I tried to lay back down, but sleep wasn't going to happen.  I made my coffee and sipped down a couple of cups as I read mail and stopped by a few journals.  Seems I never have the time to do that anymore. 

 

I was out of the house by 9:30 to get some banking and other errands done.  The bank wasn't too bad considering it is the beginning of the month, but the grocery store was a zoo!  It wasn't like they were giving anything away yet people seemed to be storming certain areas like they were.  I double checked sales to see if I was missing something, but apparently everyone was in need of the same items today.  I timed the check out perfect as the line behind me grew rather quickly.  I was on a roll, and stopped a few more places before I came home and started laundry.  I started minestrone soup for dinner. About 3:30 I hit the wall and crashed.  I could keep my eyes open no longer and had to go lay down. 

 

Lay down I did!  I was dead to the world for a couple of hours.  I tried to get up at one point but my body was having nothing to do with it.  My eyes felt like they were stuck shut and every muscle screamed for more rest.  Now who am I to argue?  Little 'ole me had no business fighting it so I crawled back into bed and I think I was out cold in minutes if not seconds.  I am a bit embarrassed to say that I slept for a total of about 3 hours.  I don't mean laying in bed resting, I mean out of it.  Sound asleep.  Completely oblivious to all that may have been happening around me.  Slept through the phone ringing, my sister coming home, the whole nine yards.  Worse thing?  I am still tired.  I forced myself to get up, have some dinner and stay awake.  I did not want to go back to bed too early and be up and wide awake half way through the night. 

 

I hardly touched the computer today other than to read mail and do a few look ups on the net.  I had no energy or creative juices to do graphics.  I tried a couple, but I hated the final product and just deleted them.  My hand eye coordination was off today and I just couldn't get things the way I wanted.  See what lack of sleep does?  You never catch up on lost sleep no matter how much you nap, and when you do get to catch a few extra winks I swear it makes it worse. 

 

Boys won again tonight.  They went to Boston either late last night or early this morning and played the Bruins.  You could definitely tell they were skating on legs that were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights.  They went down 2-0 in the first but found enough energy to come back and win 3-2.  Marty Biron was in net for the first time since mid Jan, and had a total of 40 shots fired at him.  Twenty of which came in the third period as the Bruins tried to tie the game back up.  Danny Briere is back after a long lay off.  He has been out since November with a sports hernia and surgery.  He has played all three games after the Olympic break and is looking like his old self.  His first game back he was a bit slow and the timing was off, but he shook that rust off rather nicely adding 5 points in 3 games.  Welcome back Danny!

 

No major plans for Sunday.  I am hoping to get a few more errands done and I am planning on running to my parents.  I have a little 'hand me down' gift for my younger sister and need to get over there to give it to her.  She will be thrilled as it is something she has been looking into buying.  Ssshhh can't tell you yet, she reads this and I don't want to spoil it for her. 

 

I got a lot done today, but wonder where the day went.  I think I slept it away! 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You will probably feel better for your nap,and you must have needed it ,its good that you were able to sleep ,Imean it was'nt a work day,and you'd done your jobs first so ,so what ,you earned it ,Enjoy Sunday with the family .......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You will probably feel better for your nap,and you must have needed it ,its good that you were able to sleep ,Imean it was'nt a work day,and you'd done your jobs first so ,so what ,you earned it ,Enjoy Sunday with the family .......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean when you said your body could not get up, I get exactly like that, nothing can cure that feeling of exhaustion! I think we push ourselves too hard and try to do too much. In the end our bodies say....no more!! I often go to sleep for a couple of hours at weekends. Anyway, rest up, I'll have some animations of waterfalls for you to do when I come home if you're up to it!! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

You and me both . . . I had a doctor's appointment today WAY out somewhere lol. I didn't know how to get there at all. I was "supposed" to be there at 9:30 am and I left out in time for that. I guess I didn't factor in getting lost for an hour because I got there at 10:30 lol. OMG I didn't get home until 3 and I slept all day like it was the last "sleep" I was going to get lmao !!

Poochie

Anonymous said...

I know that guilty feeling, but I do it anyway!  I don't know why us women feel guilty for resting when we need it.  Sounded like you really needed it!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I've been busy also and barely keeping up with things, let alone my computer stuff.  Love all your latest entries.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

hugs Donna!
love,natalie