Friday, March 24, 2006

What happened to Spring?

          DsDesignsPrairieSnow.gif


Is my calendar wrong?  Is it not March 24?  Brrr it is damn cold out right now and it has been freaking snowing!  I thought it was going to get warmer, but nooooooooo now they tell us two more days.  What will they tell us on Sunday?  Two more?  Damn I want spring!  Though the sun shining through the clouds and a gentle snowfall on the prairie looks pretty, it only really looks pretty in December.  By the time March rolls around I want to see green grass, buds and leaves, flowers poking their heads out.  Giggles and laughter as children run through the grass chasing butterflies.  It doesn't really matter that we had a mild winter, I am ready!

 

Work wasn't bad today, but I couldn't wait for the day to end.  I wanted to get home and start my long weekend.  You know the one the weatherman said was going to be in the mid 40s!?  Well, cold or not I am off until Tuesday and I am looking forward to it.

A day for me.  No running to the DMV, getting Steve back and forth to work.  Just one to relax and do what I want. 

 

Boys lost their 4th game in a row tonight :(  It's been a rough stretch and nothing seems to be bouncing their way.  I can't even count how many goal posts they've hit in this stretch.  The other night there were 5, tonight a couple and a goal disallowed.  Argh!  Frustrating as all get out, but they are holding their own in 4th place in the conference and better to slump now then in a few weeks.  A few days I heard they had 32 out of a possible 36 points.  I can remember a day when I was happy if they got 15 points.  They've also played 13 games in 24 days.  Not worried yet, but I do hope they pull themselves up by the skate laces and get it together. 

 

Oh, I also owe you all an apology.  I forgot that Jeannette had gone private with her journal.  Feel free to email her and she will add you to her list.  Sorry about that.

 


Ok I just heard it all.  New 'broaches' are selling like hot cakes.  A lady has taken live cock roaches, glued gems to them, and put them on a leash.  You wear them and let them crawl on you.  WTF????  Who would be interested in that???  Paaaleease!!!! 

 

I'm going to bed!  LOL

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree...where is SPRING??   As for the Broaches...no thanks...UGH!
Nite Don...
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh, how gross with the cockroaches.....Nasty.....I am not saying one word about the weather....Hope you all get some warm weather and soon.....smiles...TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Yes and some of that cold made it's way down south this weekend. lol I thought we were in summer till this cold front came in.  Enjoy your weekend and ewwwww on the broaches! ewww.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

D the weather here is still not at all like Spring ~ cold and wet ~ clocks go forward tonight "BST" maybe it will bring Spring with it ~ Those 'broaches' couldn't she get wrong for cruelty to animals ? lol
and NO I definitely do not want one ~  Ally

Anonymous said...

Exactly what I want to know.....where's spring?!! The 'Broaches' sound disgusting, we had cockroaches in an old hospital I worked in years ago and one crawled on to my foot, yuck, it was gruesome!! Not even with gem stones could they look appealing! Hope your boys get out of their rough spot. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Iam so pleased to hear you are to have a long weekend ,it will do you good after all the charging around you've been doing lately ,just enjoy it and do your own thing ,still cold here ,slight improvement ,I wont be sending for a broach!...I loved the graphic you made for Jeannette ,.......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm with you...when is it going to stop being WINTER!!!!!!

Hockey...hang in there...things will turn in their favor soon.


Broaches,  LOL. Live long enough and you will see everything!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Yep, the weather isn't cooperating here either and I've just about reached the breaking point.  I want to get out and garden and golf and walk.  But it is too raw out there.  

Enjoy your three days off!

Anonymous said...

I want spring too!!!!!
It is freezin here in Ky too...UGH!
Those broaches...are freakin sick...lol ackkkk
Hope u have a good weekend
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Hi hun, what a gorgeous photo! Yep I am so ready for Spring too. Sorry to hear about the game. No I don't think I would want a "broach"...yuck! Have a great weekend! :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/InMyLife

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I happened to see those live Roach things with rhinestones glued to them... they were soooooooooooooooooooooooo grossssssssssss!

No snow here but dang cold thats for sure!!  I actually don't mind just as long as theres no snow to shovel!!!  In NJ they actually are saying the words "mild drought"... this after a record amount of snow when we had the blizzard!  They must have their heads up their you know what!

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am not interested in wearing cockroaches. Thank you. Snowing where you are? Well, we don't have snow here but it was a rainy day.
Very pretty graphic but I want spring flowers - please and thank you.
LOL
Dianna

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'll have all the snow that could be blown my way! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

h