Monday, March 6, 2006

Another Monday........

DsDesignsDayofSolitude.gif


Well, I was able to get this fat ass out of bed on time this morning.  I dreaded the thought of having to get up so early, and I was afraid to fall asleep for fear I wouldn't wake up.  Since my sons car was deemed totaled by the insurance company (no one was hurt), he has needed assistance getting to the new job.  Not that there is ever a perfect time for something like that, or even a good time.  This was the worse.  For the first three days I was able to hook up with my brother who could get him there by 7 am.  This only meant driving a few miles and dropping him and then I could come home and get ready for work.  Today my brother was off so I had to get him there by 7.  I normally don't start work until 8:30 but there just wasn't enough time to get him to work and then come home and get ready.  To get ready first and come home and wait for my start time would be a waste as he isn't that far from me.  So off I was this morning at 6:10.  Picking him up, taking him to work, and then going into work an hour early.  Actually, it was more like an hour and a half as there was no traffic at that ungodly hour and I made great time.  My boss has been great, and today she was super as I did get to leave an hour early.  Oh, but I had to go back and get him and take him home.  Now, I left at 3:30.  Anyone know what time that is?  Yeap, time for school to let out so I was following a bus a good chunk of the way to the highway and every block it stopped.  The bus aide got off, helped the child, talked to anyone who would listen, walked slower than any 80 year old I know to get back to the bus as I sat behind the bus flashing red lights.  It didn't matter the age of the child, 5 or 15, the aide got off, walked like they had nothing else to do nor did anyone else, and struck up conversation with anyone and everyone.  What the hell!?!  Now, I have nothing against red lights flashing and stopping for a bus, I have nothing against kids, I have nothing against bus aides, but 'cmon each every block (if that) we stopped and waited a good 5 minutes.  Just ridiculous!

 

Normally I would be listening to the sports talk shows on the radio.  Yes, I am a jock and rarely listen to music on my ride.  I like hearing the news on my boys, and listening to them be interviewed, hear the scoop so on and so forth.  My son, on the other hand, likes music so we had that on.  I heard two songs today that have stuck in my head the entire day.  Haven't heard either in forever, but it was nice to hear them and they struck home today.....

 

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.

Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how you could leave and not take me.

and......

 

Nights in white satin,
Never reaching the end,
Letters I've written,
Never meaning to send.

Beauty I'd always missed
With these eyes before,
Just what the truth is
I can't say anymore.

 

Now they are stuck in your head for sure!  LOL  Sorry, but those are two oldies but goodies, but they can leave me anytime!  By the time I did get home this evening I was absolutely exhausted.  My brother is back to work so it will be back to last weeks routine.  When training is over and he goes to nights it will be much easier.  I will still be giving him rides, but it won't be rushing around my work schedule except for Friday morning and Monday morning.  I will be changing my start time to 9 and we'll be in good shape.  Now we just need to get him into his own car and have things back to normal.  It'll probably be a few more weeks, but we'll make due.  This is a great job.  If you only heard the stories he has been hearing.  His eyes were as big as saucers today on the way home.  He was actually working with 'his department' and they told him about the overtime that is available, about the money they make, how he'll have to buy a house so not to get killed in taxes.  Oh the problems to have at such an early age.  Hmmm maybe Mom can retire and just become his driver and he can claim her as a dependent.  :)

 

WoW!  A long entry for me, sorry 'bout the rambling.  Must be the lack of sleep at work, just rambling and rambling. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi D.  Haven't gotten around to animating those elephants yet...but it's in the works.  Thanks for the tip.  Sorry to hear about your son's car.  Sounds like you all got it all worked out though.  Mom always pulls through doesn't she? lol  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Loved this entry, Donna!!! I love the Mama's and Papa's song, and Knights in White Satin is a favourite of Robs....he performs a wicked version of it when asked to do so at gigs!  I try to avoid driving between 3.15 and 3.45 to stay out the way of the 'school run', nightmare drivers/buses ......and pedestrians!!!

Anonymous said...

A great entry Donna ,how frustrating for you behind the schoolbus! was it a yellow one as we see portrayed in fims ?The school trafic's just as bad in the mornings too, And yes your quite right those tunes are now singing in my head ,great songs though .................Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Nice graphic, my oh my, sounds like that boy fell right into it!  Linda

Anonymous said...

This was a long entry for you!!  I am impressed!!  I have to drive my hubby to work every morning at 5:30 and you are right, it's a God awful time to be out on the roads.  The sun isn't even up yet!!!  Geez!  But, you have to do what you have to do and your son worked hard to get this job, so it's only a few more weeks and then you will be able to sleep in.  No traffic though, so that's a bonus in itself.  And, about the school bus, I hear ya'!  Here in farm country, they stop every 2 houses, nevermind every block!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

so sorrya bout your sons's car
thanks for the nice entry
im glad he was not hurt
hugs,nat