Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Family........

         DsDesignsRainyNight.gif


I saw this picture and I remembered the days when my son would climb in bed with me.  I'd read books to him and we'd cuddle before he'd fall off to sleep.  Then I'd carry him to his own bed.  No, I don't ever remember it raining on our heads LOL but the coziness of the entire family snug in bed made me smile.   Of course I would get arrested if I did that today and..... ewwwwwwwwwww I can't even imagine the thought that would go through his head.  ROFLMAO!

 

I talked to him briefly this evening.  He was so excited and talked a mile a minute.  He worked the day shift and went through his first 8 hours of orientation/training.  Basically, they filled out paperwork and learned a bit more about the company, the different departments, and the schedules.  He knows his department but they have not given him his schedule as of yet.  Based on previous conversations and the last hire date they gave him we are thinking he will still be working weekends.  Thurs and Fri 11pm to 7am, Sat and Sun 7pm to 7am.  Not the ideal schedule for a 19 year old, but he did calculate his pay and hasn't griped once about the hours.  He rambled on and on and then wanted to go to bed.  With the excitement and nerves of the new job and sitting in a conference room for 8 hours it's no doubt he is exhausted.  I am sure he will give more information tomorrow or over the weekend, but it sounds like he is very happy.  Hell I'd be happy if I doubled my pay and got a boat load of benefits too!

 

All in all today was a good day.  Busy busy at work but the sun was out all day and the blue sky welcomed me with open arms.  Mind you it was cold, but it is so good do see and feel the sun.  Hey, it's March 1.  It's almost over!! 

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats again with the son and his new job.

Anonymous said...

LOL...I have to laugh because sometimes I had three of them snuggling with me.
Chris

Anonymous said...

LOL......that looks like my bed sometimes when all my kids lay with me at night.  Too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

cute graphic....even the family chicken got in the picture !

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wish your son good luck on the new job. It can be overwhelming, but it will settle down soon. He landed a great position!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I hope he has good luck
natalie

Anonymous said...

That is a cute graphic. LOL I am not gonna brag about the weather down here but I will say I hope yours warms up soon. Yes it's just about spring time.


Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

LOL everyone of mine slept with me too.  Hope your son has a good day tomorrow.  Take care TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love that graphic.  Your son sounds like he was happy.  My youngest called me tonight at 1:30 am. He knows mom is a nightowl.  It is 2 hrs earlier where he is.  God love him, I LOVE it when he calls, but he was wound up tighter than an 8 day clock and he loves to spin a yarn anyway, and we had to hear every minute detail of his day.  Talk about making a long story long. LOLOL Rich and I just looked at each other and let him unwind.  He is getting out of the Army and he and the girls will be moving home around the 12th.  The Army packs their household goods and ships them and they called him and told him they were coming todayINSTEAD of the 8th.  So he had SO much to do.  I sure wish we could have been there to help.
I just looked at my comment.  Now I know where Tommy gets his long windedness.  LOL Night!  Barb http://journals.aol.com/queenb8261/DiaryofaMadwoman/entries/1080

Anonymous said...

Donna so pleased to hear the first day went well ,bless him for giving you the low down ,you must be so proud of him ,I loved the graphic it reminds me of the John Denver song ,'Grandma's Feather bed '..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your son enjoyed his first day, hope he continues to like it. Sitting in a conference room for 8 hors is exhausting, I always struggle to stay awake at meetings!! It's nice to hear he's happy, takes a load off your mind. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Awwww,
V

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your son's enjoying his new job.  That schedule doesn't sound very appealing to me but if it comes with a ton load of money then why not LOL ;-)  at least he's not complaining bless him.

Anonymous said...

awwww, I remember those days......... seems like things were simpler then, even though the kids were young & close in age.  Now, we have new worries & concerns.
~Marie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry D ;o)  My kids are still young and I'm cherishing those moments to their fullest. It won't be long b4 they are grown. Boy how time flies!
What an exciting day for your son...his first job ;o) I bet your very proud of him. I can't imagine what you must be feeling going from "those snuggly evenings reading a book" to seeing him start a life of his own. WOW!
(((Big Hugs)))
Angel

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love the image! My little girls are ages 6 and 4 and we love to cuddle..it's so cozy. Good luck to your son with the job. :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/InMyLife

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture, I bet in the old days families did have to pile into a bed like that to keep warm!  I'm glad your son is enjoying the new experience!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I like the picture too!  Congrats to your son!  I'm sure his schedule will catch up with him later on after he's been there a while, but by then he'll be senior enough to perhaps move to different days of the week!  Can you believe that 19 years have gone by and there are no bedtime stories?  Whew!

Anonymous said...

this one's really cute, I bet those old roofs did leak a lot.

Derek
http://afaceaday.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

The funny thing about this picture is that it's exactly like that at my house lol. I need a new roof lmao !! Congrats to you son landing this wonderful job. I know that he will do excellent.

Poochie