Thursday, March 16, 2006

Exploring

           DsDesignsPeaceful.gif


I feel like a little kid out exploring the wonders of the world.  I got a postcard type flyer from my car dealership the other day and just tossed it to the side to read later. I wasn't really in the mood.  Later that night my salesrep called to ask if I had gotten it.  I said yes but hadn't really read it.  I did let him know I hadn't thrown it out either.  Turns out they are running a deal of buying back qualified cars.  He was thrilled to see I was included.  I laughed and said, 'my car is qualified after all the shit from this summer?'  We both chuckled but yes it was.  I have a 2002 Focus with about 42000 miles.  I haven't had issues since the last time it was in and they finally found the problem.  He asked if I was interested, and I asked, 'what can you do for me?'  We chatted for a bit and I stopped in earlier this evening to hear him out.  What could it hurt?  A bit of my time? 

 

I have gotten all my cars from the same dealership.  This salesrep I've had for the last 2 cars, that is including the one I am in now.  Both have been Focuses.  Surprise surprise, but I love the car.  It rides nice, great gas mileage, is great in the snow, and other than this bit of an episode with the fuel pump this summer I have had excellent luck with them.  I went in today and found a couple cars that I would love to be in, but I am not going higher with my car payment to get into them.  I would only be interested if the payment could go down.  I did, however, find a 2005 Focus.  It is the same exact car I have with a few upgrades.  A 6 disc CD player, and volume control on the steering wheel to name a couple.  It is silver instead of green, but it is virtually my car with way less mileage and 3 years newer.  The warranty goes until 2010 and the monthly payments go down.  Hmmmm no brainer or what?  I am having him run the financials and if we can get it at the interest rate we want I will do it.  I could actually be in a new car by Saturday.  If not I will keep the car I have and sell it next summer and go from there.

 

So I am on the fence looking at the beauty and wondering if I can jump in.  Time will tell and I'll keep you posted :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck.... I just love getting a new car! ( or at least new-er )
Love that graphic with the little boy looking at the waterfall
Penny

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good luck D.  Hope it works out for you.  I have had my eye on a Ford Escape for a long time.  I like the hybrid but we just bought an Expedition last year.  Not really into the Expedition though because of the gas mileage and all..but it is a great family car. And that tag is really pretty! : )  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

What ever you decide I hope it is the best for you. Sounds as if you know how to get a salesman to get you what you want.  So, bet ya you will have a new car. lol.  Hope your night was good.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Sounds likea good deal ,hope it works out .....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me!  Nice when they actually beg for your business!  You must have some good credit, something I would not know about!  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I was offered that deal last month but didn't call in time.  I love my car, but not the payments or the lease deal.  I should of gotten something cheaper.  Linda

Anonymous said...

h