Sunday, March 19, 2006

Enough Already!

             DsDesignsEnoughWinter.gif


Enough winter already!  I am so ready for spring.  I know I shouldn't complain to much since our winter this year was extremely mild.  We haven't gotten much snow all year, well below the average and the temperatures in Jan were like 50.  These past few weeks it's been cold.  Maybe I got spoiled, but this bitter wind we are having is cutting right to the bone. 

 

Steve was called into work this morning for 5 hours of OT.  He couldn't pass it up and asked if I'd run him at 2.  The route to the plant runs along side the Niagara River and it looked damn cold.  There hadn't been ice almost all winter but there were chunks today.  A dark hazy misty laid on top of the water like a blanket.  I cursed a bit and said don't insulate that ice, let it melt!!  The sooner it melts and the water warms up the warmer it will be.

 

I stopped at the store on my home and ran into a good friend I haven't seen in forever.  Well, we are both talkers and after several minutes inside we checked out and went to her car so I could hug her hubby.  Long standing joke with him and I couldn't just not say hi.  Standing out in the wind and cold was ok at first, but then my fingers started to feel like pins were going in them and I decided it was time to say good bye and make plans to hook up later.  And, someplace warm.  As I walked away from their van I got a look in the window.  Good Gawd my reflection was a sight!  Talk about wind blown.  My hair was just about standing on end and I felt like something out of a Disney cartoon.  As I got to the car it had started snowing.  Snowing I said.  It's freakin March 19, enough!  It wasn't sticking but it was blowing around as it slid across the frozen ground.

 

As the meat loaf was in the oven, I played with some graphics.  I had seen something very similar to the one above and also found a tutorial.  I didn't like what was in the tutorial as it was for a name tag.  As you all know by now (maybe), though I like making name tags for others I rarely use them for myself.  Go figure!  One good thing about the tutorial was it had a link to some mini movie clips.  Not enough for my liking, so if anyone has additional sites a link would be appreciated. 

 

So I sat here knowing I was going to complain about the cold, the wind, and the snow in my entry tonight.  I found some graphics to play with and the moving clip with snow.  My original thought was to make it snow in the side portion where it says enough, but thought it would be too busy.  I went with the light flashing instead.  I was surprised how simple and fun it was.  I know I will be doing more and playing a bit with the technique.

 

Damn, it's 10:15 on Sunday, where did the weekend go?????

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!!!
How you put that animation inside the photos?!
Looks great!  You are soooo clever..; )
Marie

Anonymous said...

It doesnt snow where I live but it has been raining and cold and I also am so very ready for spring time and some sunshine!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww Man. That is like too cool!!!
A graphic inside a graphic!!!
I'm ready for spring too!!!!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i think I remember a certain someone teasing a few people about the snow.  It is cold and raining here. To think I was happy about spring break!  I hate cold.  Takecare and stay warm.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic! How charming and so peaceful! I wish we could have some snow. - The trees are blooming in my back yard. I wish I could send some warm air your way :)
Again, awesome graphic! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of snowy days in London town,a bit ghostly ,Victorian era maybe ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love this one!!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!!!!!!
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h