Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday Night

                     DsDesignsLonelyBoats.gif


The kid had to work today and missed his birthday dinner ::giggle:: Ok, not really.  My sister had my parents, who leave for Florida tomorrow, over for dinner and since my son was working and there were no plans she invited me too.  I felt really bad for Steve.  He was working at his old job today.  He decided not to quit completely but call on nice days to see if they needed help.  He'd been at the car wash for 3 years and is/was a shift manager/lead/captain (whatever they call it).  He actually called yesterday when it was so nice thinking they might be short handed.  They told him no need to go in yesterday but really could use his help today to run the shift and close up.  He agreed but I think this morning he wanted to take it back.  He didn't, of course, and went in and worked.  Spent his special day alone.  Well, with workers and not us :(

 

We ended up having breaded pork chops at my sisters.  They were out of this world and I swear an inch and half think.  Cooked perfectly with a crunch on the outside and nice and moist and tender on the inside.  Cheese potatoes, broccoli, salad, and rolls rounded out the meal.  I about fell over when I saw the pan full of chops.  You'd have thought she was cooking for an army someplace.  The amount of food could have fed the 11 of us several times over.  No worries on her end, she has 2 boys in their early 20s and it won't go to waste.  I had thought about grabbing a plate for Steve but I wasn't sure if he'd need me to pick him up after work or not.  Besides, 'I don't eat that kind of food Mom!' would have been the response had I done so.  He is very careful about the amount of fat that goes into that temple of his.  To be honest I am regularly telling him he needs fat!

He works out regularly and is very proud of his 'bod'  :)  We had ice cream pecan pie and frosted brownies for dessert.  I did grab a few of the brownies and wrapped them up for him.  I had to have something for him.  He declined any birthday gifts with, 'Mom you've done more than enough for me. I don't need anything.'  Turns out he did need me to pick him up and when he found out what was in the foil his eyes lit up.  He loves brownies!  Before you all groan and pout for him, I will get something for him.  I will probably take him to get a few pair of jeans for work.  I will do it under pretense of that and not birthday at all.  I can still pull the wool over his eyes on occasion. 

 

The 'Bug' was there as well and she is just getting so grown up.  Talking up a storm and constantly going.  She wanted to see the pictures on the computer.  She must think if I'm around so are the graphics.  So I logged on to my sisters computer and came to my journal.  She loved the pictures and giggled over and over again.  I was shocked though!  My sister is on dial up and I noticed a few of my graphics not fully loaded but scratching or flashing black in portions of the picture.  Does anyone else see that or was it her PC?  I've seen it on a few journals in the past but often thought it was the graphic or the way it was loaded.  Is AOL?  Does that happen on my page to anyone else?  If it does, is it a dial up connection?  Any connection?  I was so disappointed that my pictures were so sloppy and unattractive. 

 

No additional information on Madeleine Ruff today.  Lindy was behind the bench for today's 6-2 win against Boston.  He has declined to talk about his personal business in public right now, but all fans are behind.  The community will be as well.  We may be without him on the bench over the next few weeks as things take the direction they need to.  My heart aches for this family and I can't help but well up with tears when I think about a child having to deal with this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pork chops sound wonderful!! I have never had a decent pork chop in my life, they have always tasted like cardboard....as I imagine cardboard would taste. Love the graphic.  Eve

Anonymous said...

Hi hun, love the image! That's a shame that Steve had to work on his bday. That meal sounded AWESOME...I love breaded pork chops. We usually have them with au gratin potatoes. As for your images, I'm on dial-up and I usually view your journal in AOL's built in browser and I've never seen any of your graphics look any less than gorgeous. Maybe it was something to do with your sister's computer? If I ever do see anything not working, I'll let you know. Hope you have a great week! :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/InMyLife

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice day.  I don't have any problems with your graphics usually.  LInda

Anonymous said...

I know the black you mean can honestly say have never seen it on any of your graphics ,I recieved my Big ben one today ,masses of thanks its lovely ,your lunch sounded really scrummy especially the pork chops ,what a worker your son Steve is you must be so proud of him ............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That black blinking used to happen to me when I had dialup, I think it's something to do with the way the graphics are set up on dialup or something.  They can't handle all that mumbo jumbo like DSL or cable can!  LOL!  At least your son was able to enjoy some birthday brownies!  I would prefer those over cake any day!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I have dial up and sometimes notice a flashing black line underneath a graphic, or a black outlibne around it. Drives me nuts and I`ve no clue why it happens.
Pen
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

I have dial up and sometimes notice a flashing black line underneath a graphic, or a black outlibne around it. Drives me nuts and I`ve no clue why it happens.
Pen
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace