Thursday, March 2, 2006

It's Thursday

             DsDesignsDockmanatDock.gif


I am so glad tomorrow is Friday!  This week went by pretty quick considering, but I will be thrilled when it's over.  Got up this morning and the sun was trying to peak out but it looked bitter cold.  I started the routine of getting ready for work and when I came out of the shower and looked out my back window the snow had started to fall.  The grass was barely covered but I could not see the trees that outline my backyard.  OUCH!  Better get moving.  As I drove into work you could tell folks had left their winter driving skills at home.  Cars all over the road, and traffic moved slower than a snails pace.  The flakes were large and beautiful, but not on March 2!!  As lucky as we've been I am so ready for spring.  It snowed all day.  Sometimes it was just barely falling other times it looked as though an angry child shook a snow globe to see how hard and fast the contents in side would move.  It was still snowing when I came home from work and when it was all said and done we got about 10 inches.  Not too awful bad, but again, it's March 2!  I was also threatened to stop doing snow scenes to by a few folks, and maybe I should listen, eh?

 

Son had another 8 hours of training today and though he is still very excited he was a bit bored today.  Apparently safety films etc.  Though he has been working for over 3 years, he understands the potential of this job and how it could impact his future.  I still wish he had stayed in school, but if he wants to 'work' he can and will  :)   Thanks again for all the wonderful comments and words of support.  I know he appreciates it and I surely do!

 

This graphic will end up being one of my favorites, I know it.  The actual 'man' has been done for sometime.  When I got the graphic I couldn't wait to do something with it.  It reminded me of my brother in law.  Ummm... sorry Tom! ::evil grin::  I was holding it for the perfect entry.  I know it doesn't go with this entry, other then I am so ready to have warm weather and be able to sit on the shore and not freeze my ass off!  Yet as I was going through other graphics I found the rest of it and thought they would go well together.  I did the animation on the water and tried my hand at merging two existing animations.  To my surprise it was not as hard as I thought it might be and you may just see more of them :)~

 

Ohhhh I can't wait for the weekend!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the OLD OLD movie.. "The Old Man And The Sea" !

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You did a good job on this one.  I can see why you say it will be one of your favs.  Wow! Snow, glad it is not snowing here.  I hope spring just keeps on coming.  Takecare, TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I can understand your son being bored by safety films. The safety thingy on a plane is bad enough to have to watch and that only lasts minutes!! Coming from a family who have been fishermen for the pasty three hundred years I love this graphic of the old fisherman by his boat! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Yes there is a limit to the amount of safety films you can absorb ,I love your old fisherman ,from his tapping foot to his smoking pipe ,you are clever lol ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love him.  Very cute.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This graphic is really cool!  I too like the old man:  he reminds me of a few of the guys I work with!  

I would take the ten inches of snow off your hands.  I think one more would be okay.  Yesterday the temps warmed up because we were expecting snow, but not one flake fell here ... the storm moved south of us!

Now we are back to freezing and windy today.  

The weekend is here!  Yeah!

Anonymous said...

great entry glad that he's doing well....love,nat

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your son's still getting on well :)  Snow??  What is up with this weather huh?