Thursday, March 9, 2006

Nightie Night

                     DsDesignsNightieNight.gif


Just a quick entry to let you all know I'm alive.  LOL  Tired, exhausted, walking around like a zombie, but I'm alive.  I got up in the middle of the night no problems.  We made great time on the highway and he was at the plant with time to spare.  On the drive home it started pouring rain.  The temperature was a bit warmer than it has been and the rain came down fast and heavy.  It looked like fine woven lace as it passed in front of my headlights.  Part of the ride home is along the Niagara River.  The fog was sitting on the water like thick rain clouds.  In certain spots it peered over the banks and melted on the black top.  Dancing and glistening as it merged with the lace of rain flirting with the glare of my headlights.  At that point my speed went down a great deal.  No lights except for my car and sporadic other vehicles on the road, made for a rough drive.  I still made good time and was home and back in bed no later then 3:15. 

 

Problem?  I couldn't fall back asleep.  I was afraid I wouldn't get up in time for work.  ARGH!  Tossing and turning, looking at the clock, calculating how much time I had.  Next thing I know it's 7:30 and I am deep in a dream.  A weird dream.  The local school complex is on fire and we are on the grass having a picnic.  Kids and bikes everywhere.  The men cooking on grills, women directing traffic for the party and chatting as they kept one eye on the children.  So odd!  I wish I had a dream interpretation book.  That surely means something.  I ended up using a 2 hour pass and going in a bit late so I could get ready at a more leisurely pace, I hate rushing around!

 

After work I ran my son around to do a few errands he needed to do and then came home and watched the boys play.  What a game.  Up and down and lots of goals scored.

They played the Tampa Bay Lightening and won 8-5 pulling themselves to within 2 points of the division leaders.  Another hockey note... I mentioned the trade deadline in an earlier post and it was over at 3pm this afternoon.  No huge block busters as in years past and other than trading our 3rd string goalie we were quiet.  Mika Noronen was traded to Vancouver for a 2nd draft pick.  I am thrilled for him.  He deserves to play.  He deserves a shot to show what he has.  He can potentially become their number one goalie which is great.  He hasn't played here in months and has been nothing short of professional as he sat in the press box.  No complaints, no causing a scene.  It's not his fault we had a surplus.  Good Luck Mika I for one will be keeping an eye out for you :)

 

I am rambling and definitely running on E, it's time to go nightie night.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get some rest this weekend.  You so need it.  Try to cover that alarm clock so you can not see it.  Praying for you some rest.  Takecare, superwoman.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Your discription of your night drive in the rain is fantastic ,proving your not only clever with pictures but words as well ,,,,,,,,Ihope your not feeling to tired .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I have a problem sleeping like this whenever I close at work and then have to be back the next morning as the opener.  Tossing and turning hoping that I would fall asleep.  I think I am going to try meditation, because sleep medication makes matters worse for me.

That is a weird dream.  I dunno, maybe there is something bothering you about the school and you are affraid to admit it.  Or maybe it's a preminition of some kind.  Hmmmm, I have had weird dreams, but I never had dream like this before.

Anonymous said...

Oh I keep missing the Lightning games, and I love watching Hockey.  Even though they have been getting their bootays kicked. lol  Hope you get that night schedule worked out soon or you really will become a zombie.  Love that tag too.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I hope you were able to get some sleep.  I know what that's like to watch the clock and isn't it always the way that you fall asleep 1 hour before the alarm is scheduled to go off!? HATE that!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hate driving in the dark and rain.  I can't see at all.  I was feeling good, but lethargy just over took me and I have to drive to Albany later, no nap time.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I do hope you get some good sleep soon hun. The tag is so cute with the stars blinking.

Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

Wanted to stop by & wish you a happy weekend.
Take care & God Bless,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

lots of hugs and well wishes
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Hope you get the rest you need. Adorable graphic.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

LOL  Oh HON'...you are gonna be SOOO tired! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You are amazing.  Wishing you safe drives and restless sleeps.
Maria
http://journals.aol.com/gotomaria/TheLittleThings/entries