Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Miserable!

            DsDesignsJuliet.gif


How many words can you use that could be used besides miserable?  I was going to list crabby, irritable, gloomy and so on, or even use a thesaurus to get more, but I thought I'd spare you.  At 11:30 this morning I had a meeting to go over my incentive plan for 2006.  I work off a base and for the past 13 years have gotten a bonus and/or commission as well.  In the past these bonuses could be pretty lucrative but over the past few years they've continually gone down or harder to reach.  Today's news was not good at all.  The incentive is driven by revenue goals, which isn't a bad thing, but when the goals are unobtainable it no longer becomes an incentive.  For the first 1/4 I am not even half way there and there is no way in hell I can make up the difference in the month of March.  I am not a slacker by any stretch and am probably one of the most productive members of the department, and there is no way in this world these numbers can be reached with the number of other projects I have and the ass covering I have to do.  The day went down hill from there.  How could anyone even pretend to be happy after that? 

 

Then mail today.  What a joke!  So much garbage being spewed and spam getting through I wanted to just scream!  I know I am tired, and I am sure that has a lot to do with it, but cripes... enough!  I am pretty intelligent person, and pretty level headed don't try to pull a quick one over on me, it isn't going to work.  I don't do links and I don't do bullshit!

 

Then I got this graphic, called Juliet, I loved it and thought about using it on a nice brightly misted castle.  Try to lighten up the mood a bit.  As I was looking for the castle I came across this haunted type mansion and next thing I know this is what I have.  Scary, eh?  For someone who is generally upbeat I am amazed at the darkness of some of the graphics lately.  Yet, I do like the way it came out.  Maybe I am getting into that 'Goth' thing.............  or just tired of the snow, water, and silly...........

 

Well, the boys beat Boston again tonight.  Coming from behind in both games to end up with the win.  The games weren't pretty but I will take the points!  In the month of March they play 17 games in 31 days.  Argh!  I love it as I get to see them more, but whoever did the schedules must have been on crack.  Before the Olympic break we went 4 and 5 days between games and now that it's crunch time for the playoffs we have 17 in 31 days?  WTF?!?  We play Boston 3 more times in March alone.  To say nothing about the other division teams.  It's been said we have the second toughest schedule during this time.  Guess it will be a good test, but I will take the ugly points now just in case.

 

Trade deadline for the NHL is on Thursday.  I don't foresee any major shake ups, with the new CBA but one never knows.  I'm still trying to figure out if there are more buyers or sellers.  Time is ticking and we will soon know.

 

Well this bitch will be signing off and getting to bed so she can get up at the crack of dawn and run off to that wonderful place.......... my apologies if I was bitchy to anyone.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheer up,  I know sometimes it's hard.  My brother is in sales and my husband. They have goals that are so hard to reach it's aggrivating.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have had such a depressing day today. Shake it off, let it go. I know it is easier sad than done. Tomorrow will be a different day... and sure hope a much, much better one!
However, I love the graphic you did create in your " miserable mood".
It reminds me of the book "Rebecca". Very cool! ~Maria

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Aww Girly Girl . . . it's okay to feel bitchy sometimes !! I hope you feel better soon sweetie pie !!

Poochie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I lived for 61/2  years working for MCI.  In that 6 yrs I did several things for MCI.  I worked for the bonus and could almost careless about the pay.  It went to taxes.  So, I so hear you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Maybe alittle miracle for the month of march may come your way and if not then prayer for a big time make up next month.  I am sure you will get things going again.  But rest asured the minute you do they will only make it harder.  You have a tough job.  Takecare friend.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Hey bitch away, you've read enough of mine.  The graphic is great!  I think that deal with you work is really unfair.  I've only had one bonus since I've worked where I do.  We did get a nice raise this year tho.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Donna
So sorry to hear about the news of your bonus structure.  At least the day ended with your boys winning.  Hang in there!
Sam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Dang my witty comment was just deleted! It went something like--Not that I'm a big ole Pollyanna, but it's good that you can still post interesting graphics even when having a miserable day. Hope tomorrow is better. Love, Sassy ;-)