Sunday, March 26, 2006

Make a Wish

     DsDesignsWishful.gif


I loved this graphic when I saw it.  It reminded me of wishing on a star.  Thoughts of long ago and far away, or something pending that you want to happen as soon as possible. 

 

I want to thank everyone for the beautiful birthday wishes.  You all helped make my day wonderful and made me feel so very special.  One more reason J-Land is such a great community.  Comments, emails, cards, and calls.  My day has been full of reminding me I am old.  LOL  I do appreciate it though, thank you! 

 

Woke up early this morning hoping for my normal Sunday routine and it only took a matter of a few minutes to realize it wasn't going that way so I went back to bed and got a few more winks in.  The extra sleep was wonderful, and my body melted into my bed and off to dreamland I went.  I did get my big breakfast this morning :)  My sister did the cooking and I played a bit with camera to see if I could figure out the settings.  I wanted to test it out so I used my plate as the subject.  Tell me we're not nuts.  A candle in the tators ... would have topped it off had she sang.  LOL

 

       DsDesignsBDayBreakfast.gif

 

Not much planned today.  Going to 'take a break' it's my birthday.  Long story, but I will give you the short version.  As kids going up, we all had chores we had to do.  We were assigned clearing the table, doing dishes, drying and putting away to name a few.  It turned out on my birthday one year it was my turn to do dishes.  I was crabby over something and whined a bit that I shouldn't have to do them, 'it's my birthday give me a break.'  The saying stuck and many a year after I had to hear it thrown back at me.  So now anytime we want a break everyone chimes in, 'it's my birthday give me a break!'  Kind of funny but such a great saying to get out of something.  

 

Thanks again folks I appreciate all the wonderful wishes.  Hugs! 

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

your breakfast looks great, I need someone to cook for me.  I love the graphic and the blinking eyes.  You should not have to clean on your birthday now be on the other hand it's not my birthday and I need to go clean toiliets now.  Have a great day and do nothing.


http://journals.aol.com/am4039/life/

Anonymous said...

Great graphic hun, and what a scrumptious breakfast! Love the "give me a break" story. Hope you're having a wonderful birthday! :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/InMyLife

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday dear ,yes the graphic is lovely ,wishing on a star is very appropriate,'makes no difference where you are' , But oh that breakfast ,complete with candle !looks good enough to eat !! someone knows how to cook a fried egg .........and I havent had my dinner yet ! Ooooo bye .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.  That breakfast looks wonderful!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful day =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Love it, hope you have had a wonderful day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey How'd I miss  your bday?  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!   Hope it was wonderful.
That breakfast looks quite yummy~  Can I cover over??
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I agree, your Birthday Breakfast looks wonderful! I also want to wish you a very Happy Birthday! Had you never been born, I would have missed out on some very special beauty you have brought into MY world! What a creative person to photo the gift your sister gave you this morning and share it with all of us! The gift that keeps on giving...lol. I wonder how many others you influenced to prepare such a dish today!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday D!  May all your wishes come true.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! May your day be filled with joy.


Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your day. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING SO MANY BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS. YOU ALWAYS MAKE MY DAYS HAPPY WITH YOUR TALENT. I LOVE THE PIC OF THE BREAKFAST ALSO. I'VE BEEN THINKING OF HAVING A BREAKFAST MEAL AT NIGHT FOR ABOUT 3 DAYS AND I'VE BEEN WAITING TO GET REALLY HUNGRY TONIGHT TO MAKE IT. I'M JOURNAL SURFFING AND FOUND THIS ENTRY.  YOU HAVE REALLY DONE THE BREAKFAST THING AT NIGHT TIME FOR ME SO I MUST GO AND START THE TURKEY BACON TO COOKING ALONG WITH SOME EGGS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND KEEP THOSE BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS COMING LOVE JUDY

Anonymous said...

well Happy B'day to you!!....  that breakfast looks Marvelous !!!  I hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I missed your day!!!!!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA!!!!!  Many, many blessings in the upcoming year sweety!!!
Much love to you,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!  I hope it was a great one!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! It's mine today too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Can I join you for breakfast :).
Betty

Anonymous said...

Did send my birthday wishes already yesterday, but just got to read your entry.....yummy....it sure looks good :) I would not mind having such a delicious breakfast myself... RIGHT NOW ........I am sooooo hungry .....LOL
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Birthday wishes? Oh no! I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. LOL Your're an Aries too! Doesn't surprise me even though I don't believe in astrology!
Happy Belated Birthday, Donna.
Dianna
Love that graphic - too cute.

Anonymous said...

    A very happy late birthday. Sorry I didn't get to it earlier. May this coming year be better than last, and may next year be better yet.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay