Monday, March 13, 2006

Restful Night

        DsDesignsRestfulNight.gif


I want to go there!  I saw this picture and just got lost in it.  I could imagine myself laying in this bed, feather pillow and crisp clean sheets.  Mattress just a bit too soft.  The salty air filling the room through the open window.  The sound of the surf as it slapped on the shore.  The creek in the door as it swung open and closed with a soft bang.  Oh, I can picture it, I can feel it, I can smell it.  I want to go!!  NOW!

 

Today at work wasn't half bad for a Monday.  It rained all day.  Sometimes just a light mist others a complete downpour that filled the roads like rivers.  Dark cloud over dark cloud over brightness.  It was a spooky sky, something out of ghost busters is the only way to describe it.  On my way home from work the sun was shining over the lake but the layers of clouds were all around to the East.  Smaller bright white cotton candy clouds hung low below all the darkness and glowed with the sunset.  It looked fake, as though someone added them to an old stormy picture.  Completely out of place. 

 

Steve is still going through training but his hours have changed.  He will be working 3-11 all week.  He is pretty use to that shift from his last job so it should not be an issue and I am more a night person than morning so it works out good for me.  I should be home by 11:15 or so and I can still catch the end of the news.  Hopefully after this week he will be on the weekend shift.  Next week it could cause issues with him getting there by 3, currently his cousins are on spring break and able to cart him there.  We are still looking for a vehicle and with any luck he will be in one in a week or so.  Keep your fingers crossed.  Not an expense we planned for.  His car was 11 years old with over 110k miles but in mint condition.  Unfortunately, the insurance companies do not take that into considerationso the money he got back is not going to put him into something of similar 'value.'  We are looking for something dependable to get him back and forth until the end of the summer and then at that point he should have banked enough for a nice down payment to get something new, newer, or better.  In the meantime it's a scramble. 

 

I'll be leaving soon to get him, and then after the news I am going to imagine myself in this wonderful room with the smells of summer and let that soft thud of the door closing lull me to sleep!

 

Oh, I almost forgot!  Check out Roxy's journal for a joint effort between her and I.  She has some great graphics and is a joy to read :)

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a wonderful place to relax and get away for awhile. I love your journal you write with such detail and expression you can just get a real visual in your head.

Hope you have a nice evening.....Liz

Anonymous said...

The description of the lake sounded really neat, I got a great visual! ;-) I hope the car situation works out and I'd love to be in that graphic too! Very serene,relaxing, and warm.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

It does look so inviting doesn't it.  Hope you get some rest caught up with spring break coming.  Takecare, TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope your son gets a car and soon!  I am sure he hates to have to rely on others too to bring him to work.  And, hey, I want to be in that same bed!!!  I don't even like the ocean, but that bed, it looks like HEAVEN!  And, look, no kids!!  Not even under the bed right?!?!  LOL!  I am so there!!!  Make one of these we can snag PUHLEEEZEEEEEE, PRETTY PUHLEEZEEE!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

so beautiful!
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

Wow you should be a hypnotist that first paragraph and the picture !zzz! lovely ,I hope Steve manages to get himself some transport soon,I'm sure he will .......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh D!  That picture reminds me of a little beach cottage we stayed in while on vacation at Old Orchard Beach in Maine.  Many, many years ago.  It was right there at the beginning of the path to the beach and wow, that  picture brings back some great feelings!

It is so tough to get through a stretch without a vehicle.  Besides the hassle of 'begging' rides, you then get the feeling that your putting someone out of the way.  Poor guy.  

Anonymous said...

Love this one Donna. Couldn't sleep last night and going back to la-la land now, with your description running threw my head, while listening to the rolling ocean waves (sorry, only on the radio) and imagining myself in that beautiful room. Thanks.  ~Cheri in CO~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thats exactly where I want to be.....in a cottage by the sea!
; )
I can almost smell the salt water~
Lovely animation

Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriesToo
http://photographsmemoriestoo.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this one too.  Love the ocean!  Thanks for the link. : )  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h