Saturday, May 19, 2007

~ 2-3 in OT ~


I could give a play by play of the game, but I won't.  It's about more then that.  It's about fight, will, pride, and heart.  The boys came out fighting tooth and nail to extend their season one more game.  It didn't happen.  Though they tied the game, with just over 10 minutes left in the first overtime the Senators scored to win the game, end the series, and close a magical season for my boys.  Congrat to the Sen's and Good Luck in your quest for the Cup. 


I'm proud of my boys.  I always am.  I get discouraged, angry, and frustrated at times, but they are human.  They are not machines.  Through out the years the team has given me so much joy and yes sadness too.  'This team' has been magical.  Doing things no one expected.  They've made an entire city join together with a common goal.  They fell short, but I have no doubt they will be back.  Ryan Miller.  OMG!!!  Can I just say he has been phenomenal.  How anyone can say he is 'average' is beyond me.   He robbed players left and right with his saves throughout the playoffs. 

 

Next year it probably won't be the same team.  We have a few guys that are unrestricted (which means they can walk for more money, better contract, whatever).   With the salary cap in place I highly doubt we will be able to keep them all and still stay under the limit.  Two big names are Briere and Drury.  Both HUGE parts of this team, both leaders, and both brining something special to the locker room.  I am glad it's not my decision to have to make.  That is if a choice can be made and we can keep one.   I love 'em both, but my preference would be Christopher (Drury), Capt'n Clutch as so many call him.   In today's game he took a puck to the face.  Cut wide open, he went to the locker room, got stitches, had additional protection added to his helmet and he was back out there.  Still throwing his body in front to help the team.  For the team.  Jochen, oh I would miss him horribly if he goes.  He is underrated and I see what he brings.   I hope Tommy Boy finds a way.

 

So our season ends, bitter sweet, but not without excitement.  My boys are the best even if they don't have the Cup this year.  They've made believers out of folks, and showed what the true meaning of watching your back and being a team really is.   Thanks Boys... I have not jumped off the bandwagon, and will be right there with you next year!!!

 

*** Disclaimer: Not all pictures used in graphic were not taken by me but gathered from various sources, I only compiled the collage.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the spirit hun!

I'm sorry they didn't make it this time, but see all of these as practise runs..hehe!

Goooo Sabbrrreees!

Lurve ya
xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the boys didn't get through, but they didn't go down without a fight :-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You Rock D!  Those boys get their spirit from your cheering section -- I swear!  Sorry they aren't gonna get the cup this year, but lessons learned this season will serve them well next!

Anonymous said...

They still made Buffalo proud, D!  The Penguins rallied at the end and added some excitement to a blah sports year in Pittsburgh.  Hope you can enjoy the rest of the weekend.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This is the first playoff game of the Sabres that I have missed this season.  I had to work.  :(  I am sorry they did not win and stay in the series, but I agree they had a season to be proud of.  A heart felt salute goes out to this team.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I watched this game and it was amazing!!! The Sens are a good team. Some tmes you lose on a stupid goal and that was a stupid goal. I saw him get hit!!! OMG!!!! Holstrom of the Red Wings was hit into the boards by Pronger and Neidermeire in game 3, He returned after getting stiches too get an assist on the game winning goal... These guys are tough!!!! Tawnya

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the loss D, it was an excellent game.  I saw Drury on a press conference and his chin is cut pretty bad and his lip is swollen, could barely talk. A warrior for sure. I wish I could make you feel better

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Donna, they sure were a great team. Losing in OT is tough to take. Keep the faith, Bill

Anonymous said...

Yea we are bumming here also.  They had a great year and I'm sad that it is over.  Oh well..I cannot say I wish Ottowa well ,, sorry just cant lol.  Take care

Kris

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the Sabres' loss today. Sure was an exciting game, though. Had other things to do this afternoon, but stayed in and watched until the final puck ended up in the wrong net. I'm gearing up for tomorrow's play, and hope that Anaheim shows some class this time. Think they're turning this playoff season into a "goon" show.

Anonymous said...

well it sounds like they gave it thier all.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

so sorry your boys lost. They'll get em next season, right? I love the graphic you compiled. ((((((hugs)))))))
Love ya,
Cindy xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Maybe next time, just wasn't their day...thanks for the update...hugs,
Joyce