Monday, May 14, 2007

~ UGHH ~

                          DsDesignsUGHH.gif


I feel like that little doll today, and wish I could do Sunday over.  It was such a great day only to be followed by such a shitty Monday.  My alarm went off and when I went to shut it off I knocked it off the bedside table.  The back came off, but it still keeps time.  Let's hope the alarm works tomorrow.   Came out, turned on the PC and went to make coffee.  Got the water in the maker just fine, but scoop the coffee in the cup?  I must have been blind, as the first scoop went straight on the counter.  Not even one ground went in.  Finished scooping and cleaned up my mess.  Came into to check mail.  There it was looking at me from the in-box, could I open it?  Cripes, barely.  I skimmed through a few that would open but I sat here looking at the hour glass more then I cared to be.  I tried to surf, and nothing a good 98% of the time.  I'd get a timed out error instead.  You'd think they'd at least make them a pretty color!!!  I shut down, rebooted, and the same thing.  This time however mail looked like it had been read and then saved as new.  Hmmmmmm  I didn't even open half of it.  I got a few mails out, but then nothing.  So I said screw it thinking it was AOL and logged off.  Took my shower, and started to get ready for work.  Decided I'd do my hair again today.  Why the hell did I think that was going to go better?  I get in front of the mirror and start.  I've barely used a curling iron in my life, why would I?  So my coordination with my left hand or using my right on my right side is horrible.  Can you say hot?  You got it, I burned fingers, palms, and wrists.  What the hell?  I was part way through it and couldn't stop, so I continued.  HOT HOT HOT... and I am not talking about my looks!!  Got to work and dealt with issue after issue.  Mistakes, complaints about how this or that was done (you know the customer is always right), errors in data transfers, you name it, it happened.  I even got a message in the early morning...

 

'Please call Denise XXXXX at the YMCA as soon as possible.  My number is.............. '

 

My heart stops and I couldn't dial fast enough.  My parents belong to the Y and go every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.   A program called Silver Sneakers.  My Dad has some health issues, and knowing we are all at work my number is the only one my mother would know by heart.  I was sweating and panicking.  My heart beating a mile a minute.  Did he fall?  Heart give out?  What?  Turns out it was a wrong number.  Thanks!  Thanks a lot for scaring the shit out of me!

 

I finally get home and turn on PC.  I know my mail is going to be overflowing because I couldn't get to any this morning.  Log on, and mail is messed up.  Half is gone completely.  Things I did try to open and saved as new were still there but I know my mail and there wasn't even a 1/4 of what I normally get.  Can't open, can't surf, can't get to anything using an outside browser, my entire connection is F'ed up.  I call the cable company and immediately get a canned voice.  'We are experiencing slow to no connection in your area.  It is effecting websites, mail, and connecting.  No shit.  I already knew that.  I stay on hold as I am pissed.  Since this transition to the new company (which I said I loved the other day.............. NOT!)  I've had nothing but issues.   Getting knocked off line, not able to get on line, getting on line and not being able to do anything.  Today I could get into AOL but do nothing when I got here.  The Welcome page wouldn't even open.  So the poor tech guy that answers after 10 minutes gets an earful.  I apologize for taking it out on him, but I'm angry.  I get credit to my bill, but no connection.  I just shut down and watch the hockey game.  Oh, was it a game?  LMAO  I think it was an Ottawa show... my boys mailed it in.  Hope they put the postage on before the rates went up!!  Oh that's right this started last week. 

 

So here I am.  I finally get a connection after the game.  My mail is gone.  I thought it was stored on AOL, so my connection should have had no effect.  Wrong!  I know I had gotten alerts, but most were gone.  Comment alerts, some there some gone.  No rhyme or reason as to which.  But it appears my connection is here, a bit slow on a few things, but I'm here.  Sorry I missed you all tonight, I will try to catch up.   If you sent personal mail and it appears I didn't read or reply, and it was something I needed to get back to you on, send again please.  If you got mail from me more then once, sorry.  Those that I could send earlier either went a few times or not at all.  GRRRRRR 

 

Tired of me bitching yet?  Sorry just one more thing.  I did get a few comments regarding the copyright issue and I wanted to clarify it was not in reference to someone taking my pictures.  I surely hope that isn't happening.  I was referencing the wonderful tubes and graphics we all get to work with.  Those items are copyrighted and we as taggers cannot copyright them.  We have permission to work with them but not claim them.  We can not put the pretty little '©' next to our signature line.   I suggest if you have work that has that on it, check it out and make sure that the person signing the copyright actually has the copyright of the art used.  It could get sticky and it could make tagging a thing of the past. 

 

Not in the mood for pretty grahics today, sorry. I will be better in the am. 

 

Hugs

~d

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having one of my days! I hope tomorrow is a better one for you.......I so know what you are talking about when you talk about dealing with customers!!! It can be funny or a pain in the butt!
Take care and God bless,
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Let's both hope that Tuesday is a MUCH better day!
Pam

Anonymous said...

OH Dear Donna what a day you had yesterday!! Grrrrr We get them at times and they are terrible.Hope you have a better Tuesday!!Lots of alerts wern't working yesterday and it's hard work going round th eboard I say,checking to see who has or who hasn't posted Grrrr I was worn out I tell you.Got a few e. mails to tell me people had posted which I had no alerts for either.So aol were unkind again yesterday to some people.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

So sorry your connection was playing up again ,also that you had such a bad day ,after your lovely weekend ,,the phone call would scare me too ,you borrow trouble in a sitution like that dont you ? LOL 'CANT BE BOTHERED TO DO GRAPHICS TODAY ' YOU DONT ALWAYS HAVE TO ! ,your journal is very good on its own right ,and always a good read ,,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sorry your day was so bad. AOL aren't giving me comment alerts, I had lots of comments when I went into my journal. I don't think I'm getting half the new entry alerts as I'm only getting about six a day, I know us journallers have more than that! Funnily, I woke up yesterday and knocked my alarm off the side table too, the back fell off like yours but it still worked today! Hope yours does. The phone call would have scared me too, I'm glad it was a wrong number! I hope today is better for you than yesterday. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

ah I have had days like that. the last thing you need is pc problems on those days. I broke a pretty OLD mason jar an elderly lady made me the toher day first thing that was how my day started. She put potpourri in it with lights nad a doily on the top adn boom........................  I went ot move the lamp table and the chord got caught and it fell abd broke. I m still pissed about that. It was a larger than normal mason jar too. it started that way that day adn continued. Its totally frustrating. suonds like with hyour customers and the game and your dealings yesterday that it must have been something in the air. I often wonder if China is sending magnetic waves over and bombarding us when days are like that with so many having bad days . I know paranoid sunding but it runs thru my head. Its better than the excuse that Im just clumbsy

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did have a bad day, hope today is better!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you had a very nasty day. Hope today goes better for you. Helen

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Can you say, the day from hell?  My God D what a crappy day.  Sorry it was so horrid.  Today will better, it has to be.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

what a terrible day! I am so mad that you are having issues with your cable Co. I hope they work it out and fast. I hate my cable co. I hope your alarm clock worked and you didnt burn anymore fingers!
LOVE,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Ahh, AND IT WAS MONDAY ON TOP OF IT!!!  Well, my friend... it's Tuesday now.  All should be well with the world.  
PS As soon as I'm feeling better I'll be sending you some pics of my dad.  I haven't forgotten.  I've just been otherwise occupied...

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

OK-It's Tuesday...hopefully it is better than yesterday... (((sorry)))....

Michele

Anonymous said...

Hi D - just thought I'd drop in and say Hi - miss seeing my journal pals - Ive still got my alerts off as Ive been busy with college - Im still writing entries though as it helps get my stresses out - LOL take care Love Laine xx

Anonymous said...

The Internet-day from hell, Donna. Sorry you lost the mail, that's a right pain.

Anonymous said...

Jeez what a day!!  I'm not surprised you feel like that graphic.  I don't blame you for giving that person some hell.  You needed to let it out from the sounds of things.  Hope you have a better week xx

Jenny
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

HEY D! SOUNDS LIKE A ROUGH ONE TODAY...SORRY SWEETY. HOPE YOUR DAY IS BETTER TOMORROW. HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT KIM? I CANT GET TO HER BLOG. HOPE SHES OK. LORI

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say, I have had a morning like yours...what a morning that was...
I can only pray the week goes better.  Happy to read it was a wrong number on the call...but what a scare...I can only imagine your heart in your mouth, wondering what it could have been.  Okay...the week is only going to be good...that's it!!  No more surprises like that.  You take care...love your tags...as always...many hugs and love,
Joyce