Friday, May 11, 2007

~ TGIF ~

           DsDesignsEveningBridge.gif


Sure, most of us are excited when Friday gets here.  The work week is over (for some) and it's time for family, fun, and relaxation.   I am no different even if there are domestic chores that need to be done.  It's nice not to have to rush out in the morning and fight traffic to get downtown.  This Friday I am happier then normal.  This week was exhausting.  Work was really no different, I was busy and did accomplish a lot.  I felt tired, but good each day when I left.  The anticipation building up to last nights game and then the disappointment drained me more then usual.  Almost like the let down after a long planned holiday or party. 

 

Today I got up and felt as though I was hit by a truck.  Some might say I was, the Ottawa Senators.  I dragged my body around as I got moving to start the day.  I didn't think there was enough coffee in the world to wake me up this morning, but I did eventually get moving.  I drove into work and as I changed highways to head downtown it was eerie.  The entire horizon was gone.  Being on a slightly elevated portion of the road it appeared as though I was driving in mid-air.  Nothing to either side of me.  The fog was so thick you could barely see the guard rails.  Downtown does not boast a ton of tall buildings, but there are some yet this morning you'd have never known it.  I felt like I was in a movie.  Cars traveled slowly and as you looked at the faces you could see blank stares.  Folks just going through their routine on auto pilot.  I was not alone.   We know the series isn't over, but a loss last night in that manner and the dreary weather today was not a good combination.  Had the sun been out I might have more get up and go. 

 

The fog hung in the air the majority of the day but not because the sun did not try to burn it off, it did.  By the time work ended the air was much clearer, but my heart still felt like it was being suffocated.  My head was heavy and I wanted to curl up and sleep.  Sooooooooo after dinner I laid my ass on the couch and off I went to dream land.  I needed that sleep and even with the nap I am sitting here yawning.   They say you yawn because of lack of oxygen, but today I think it is fatigue.  Not sleepy fatigue so much, I can't really explain it.  With any luck I can sleep in a bit tomorrow, it would do my body good.  Hard work and late nights might have taken a toll.  Ok Bill, you can say I told you so anytime now :)~

 

Nothing major planned for the weekend, which is probably a good thing.  My sister and I will do some bulk shopping at some point tomorrow.  I also have that mound of dirty clothes that I need to get to.  I will most likely wash, fold, and really put away.  Pull out my summer things and put away winter.  YEAH!  I think I can.............. I think I can.........  :::knocking on wood:::

 

Played around with some graphics and redid my sidebar.  I am hoping summer is knocking on the door now.  With changing the sidebar I also changed the colors.  I played with the mix and played some more.  A few times I about puked with the combination and this is what I ended up with.  Not sure how clear and crisp the text is.  Anyone having a tough time with it?  Assuming you actually read.... LMAO!  Let me know if it's too light.   A friend also mentioned a few weeks back they love these 'cartoon' type girls.  No sooner was it said I got sent several so I thought I'd play with them a bit.  I do like the music/dance girl, the other I'm not sure of.  Just threw it together and said what the hell. 

 

     

 

Well, I'm searching for more to say so I guess it would be a good time to end and go to bed.  Hope everyone had a great day, and has a wonderful weekend.  If you don't get back I would like to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day..... even the UK Mum's..... tho theirs was earlier :::grin::: they deserve two days for good wishes!

 

Hugs

~d

 

               DsDesignsTheySayTimeHeals.jpg

 

                     

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

HI...LOVE YOUR SIDE BAR "HOT SUMMER DAYS"...
AS FOR YOUR DOWNER...IT'S JUST YOUR BIORHYTHM IS JUST DOWN...YOU'LL BE YOUR OLE' PERKEY SELF IN A COUPLE OF DAYS...LOLOL..HUGGGERS..STREAK

Anonymous said...

"I will most likely wash, fold, and really put away" , i have more clother waiting for
you, help me~  you write your journals, watch games, add comments and work.
but just put your anger on  the letter, that is a great mature... every saturday i  relax by reading your life. haha

Anonymous said...

You're allowed a Down Day, Dear!

;)

Trust me, after March Madness I am exhausted!!!

Off to look at your sidebar.

Anonymous said...

Still Friday night over here in Vancouver (for twenty minutes more), but dropped in to see your latest entry. Your colours remind me of Spring, and lifted my spirits. Your sidebar graphics look nice too, although I notice that your first entry runs into them a bit. No problem for me, though, as I just hit the select button and can read them perfectly. Too bad about the fog, though. Always makes me kind of tired when I can't see the sun shining through, and I know it's out there. We have a May Day parade and community festivities tomorrow, but having problems with my digital camera, so don't think I'll get any pictures. Hope you get some good old rest and relaxation, Donna - you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

I just love the Venetian bridge tag above!  That's a super tag Donna.  Full of atmosphere and intrigue.
As for being tired?   I reckon its the energy we have all put out because Spring has surged through us and made us do more than ususal.  I bet all those blossom trees are saying " Thank goodness I've got all that out of my hair" .  And are now sitting back to recharge their batteries.   It's the same for us.  lol!  These past couple of weeks I have done more indoors than I have done all winter I think.  Now I am thwacked!  My sleep pattern has changed to.  Must be what was mentioned in a previous entry...our bio-rhythms are out of sync'?  Mind you I am feeling like this this morning because I cracked open some wine with friends last night to celebrate my old age pension...lol!    
I admire your work ethos.  You never stop.  I hope you give yourself a lazy weekend to catch up.     Sorry again about your team letting you all down. Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

I hope the drained feeling wears off after a lie in and you can enjoy the weekend Donna. I always find fog depresses me, I'm a nosey person and like to see all around me! Lol! The graphics tonight are beautiful, I love the first one best. I hope your boys can get back on track and cheer you with some great play! Have a good weekend, enjoy your shopping! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

As everyone says the first  graphic is ...just great and my sentiments exactly,Ihope you have a good refreshing sleep tonight and can get the chores out of the way and then enjoy your weekend ,I hate fog too, Iam off to check out your sidebar now ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I saw that fog on the news, pretty eerie.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Donna :-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

got the music and love thing oging on here I see. they are pretty goood. as always. wehave had some sun but htis week still drug on. Ihpe your weekend gets yout of this funk

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Damn fine sidebar, that.  :D

Anonymous said...

Anyone told you lately that you are a GOOD person? I mean, truly. Inside out. I love your attitude, personality and thoughtfulness. I always tell my kids its the little things that mean the most as you age and i am so grateful to you for caring to make those tags.....something about the faceless little girls gets to me. You putting the floaties and the words in them make them priceless.
Love you,
lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great weekend!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I agree with LJ, you are good, very very good.  Not at all horrid hehehehe  I hope the weekend brings you better things, a better mood, and better results.  Get that rest your body is craving.

Anonymous said...

Donna, I certainly would not say anything about your bad sleeping habits but if you were my kid I see to it that you got on a schedule and stuck to it. Have a good weekend, Bill

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

We are having April showers now that May has arrived lol. Am playing catch up on alerts been too busy to read. Love the graphic with the Van Gogh quote.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hope the weathers been better for you today and that you rested well xx  Snagged the music graphic thank you xx

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am behind in alerts again, lol. But am trying to catch up today. I love the cartoon girls, they are so cute. Hope your enjoying your weekend. ((((((((hugs))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good Mother's day weekend!  I am behind on everything...Love all the graphics and the new side bar!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I snagged the Time heals graphic...it's so true and beautiful...thanks girl!  I am so behind on journals forgive me!
Hugs,
Terri