Thursday, May 31, 2007

~ Lunch ~

DsDesignsMarina5-31-07.gif


Today was a good day.  It was hot and sticky and the sun tried and tried to burn off the haze.   My co-worker and I had planned to do lunch today.  We get together for our birthday's and treat the other to a meal.  Of course, good company too :)  Well, we weren't able to do mine until today.  So many things going on and then she went out on disability for shoulder surgery.  We waited for a nice day as we planned to go to the Marina.  It's not far from work (wish it was closer) and there is a little snack shack to pick up a burger, sausage, hot dog, whatever.  We drove down and get right in line to grab something quick.  It was mobbed!!  The grass path along the lake and canal was scattered with chairs and blankets.  The temps were in the mid 80's and of course anyone who could was outside.  We grabbed lunch and sat on the patio on the lakes edge.  The breeze kept us cool.  Seagulls flew over head waiting for a scrap of food to land.  Some didn't even wait.  A gentlemen sitting at a table not to far from us got up and walked away for a second.  We heard him say 'get going' and when we turned to look one had gotten awfully close to his hotdog.  We laughed with images of a bird flying over head with a foot long dog hanging out its beak.  The guy wasn't gone long enough, good thing!  A few boats came in and out, and the ducks were taking a leisurely swim.  Of course since it was a planned outing my camera was with me.  ::grin::  Thought I'd share a few pictures with you. 

 

I also played a bit with a Molly Harrison tube.  I love her fairies!  I like the effect of the rain as she sits under the flower, and the way the wings look to glisten.  I played with adding a name, but couldn't find anything I liked or a good spot to put it.  So it's a snag as is :)  Hope someone out there likes it.

 

The time off and then back to work has taken it's toll.  I'm beat and ready to climb into bed and geta good nights sleep.  Only a bit longer and it's Friday.  Whuuuuu huuuuuuuuu   Hope everyone has been having a good week. 

 

~hugs

d

 

 

                           DsDesignsRainFairyMHLatimefor.gif

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you couldnt find anywhere to put it because you made the tag too narrow. if it was a bit wider im sure it would look wondeful with the text on it. although i love the way it is, but i notice your tags are mostly narrow.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cheerry.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of your lunchtime break. A seagull landed on my balcony once and stole a cheeses sandwich out of my hand! Those birds have no shame! Those Canada geese should really be called Earth Geese, they're everywhere I've ever been too on earth, not just in Canada! I'm glad the weather was good and you got to have your lunch with your friend at last! Love the snag too, very cute! Have a great weekend! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I loved your photos. Was the lighthouse on the lake too? I am glad you had a nice lunch and the seagulls added that extra laugh lol cheeky things arnt they. I love the fairy. There so magical i only thought about one yesterday and look its appeared lol.
Thank you for for the lovely snag.I  love what you have done with it.
Love and hugs
katie x

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

it soudns like a wonderful break from work

Anonymous said...

The lunch by the lake at the marina sounded great.  I like what you did with the pictures, too.  You laugh at the possibility of the seagull making off with the foot long hot dog, but I've seen it happen, LOL.  What a sight!  This is the last day before the weekend, so hang in there, you can rest up again tomorrow.  Hope your Friday at work goes well.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag. I am glad you got to spend time with a friend and enjoy the beautiful weather! I love summer.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

This display is striking.  I enjoy your graphics, but when you use your own pictures they have a special meaning.  You have the eye for the camera.  I enjoy seeing a piece of your home, or life.  What a sight to see the sea gull with a hot dog. HAHAHA  Too bad that would have been a great picture.  TGIF

Anonymous said...

Sounds like  areally nice lunch!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

How super,what what a lovely lunchbreak ,did you finish it off by a lttle rest on the couch ;>)  !   ? I love the rain fairy ,but your collage is fabby ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

lunch at the marina sounds lovely :) Happy belated and I love the tags the fairy is beautiful! love v

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

We finally got the sun back today after a week of wet and cold. Looks like a nice place to waste some time people watching, lol.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful lunch!  Linda

Anonymous said...

A perfect outing ... and now, thankfully it is Friday!

Anonymous said...

Great photos....I like  how you added them to your graphics.  
Nice results~
Marie

Anonymous said...

Hot dog or hot gull lol

Anonymous said...

OMG girl, thank you so much for sending me your link. Your work is fabulous too. Hugs, Emmi
http://journals.aol.com/emmi2sweet/whatchapsmyass/

http://journals.aol.com/emmi2sweet/sweet--simple-pleasures/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love the marina pics... and it sounds like a nice lunch and a nice day!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a nice day! I'd have laughed if I'd seen a gull with a hot dog in it's mouth! LOL!
Nice pics..and I snagged the fairie one. Thanks.
Pam

Anonymous said...

WOW! That sure does sound like a wonderful time!!!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good lunch with your colleague.  Ugh I don't like seagulls lol

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

like your "Marina" graphic best.. metal outlook, cute frame, screws, hooks, also the glittering effect..they are all so interesting!, think i can never master the glittering animations..LOL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful graphics, love them both. I wonder if that bird could of flew away with a foot long dog in his beak, lol. Sounds like lunch was a awesome thing. ((((((((Hugs))))))))))
Love,
Cindy