Wednesday, May 16, 2007

~ Journals ~

           


I woke up this morning to see the changes in JLand.  I was a bit excited about the change in how to put pictures in because so many have issues.  I tried on my test journal only to discover the first option still does not allow for the animation.  GRRRRRRRRRR   I don't use Flicker, so I tried the URL option and pasted in the URL code from photobucket.  Ok, easy enough and should cut down on the trouble others have.  Then I heard that you couldn't have your entry typed and then add, you will lose it all.  You have to add graphics first.  I haven't tested that yet.... no doubt we will all figure out what is best for us.

 

What I did notice right off the bat was when I left a comment my name showed instead of my screen name.  WTF!?!  I didn't like that at all.  I could not figure out where the information was being drawn from as my name was not in my profile.  It dawned on me after a bit of playing around that way back when AOL changed their welcome screen and you could customize I added my name there.  I removed it and low and behold, back to my screen name.  So if you changed itwhatever you have there is what will be used when you leave a comment.  To fix it.  Go to Safety, settings, welcome screen, and change to what you want it to say.  I've heard they are working on it as well, so it may not be an issue in a day or two.  It's a personal preference.

 

I've seen lots of entries this evening about the way things were changed and the dislike.  If you haven't already take a look at what Joe has to say.  Make sure you read the last couple entries to get a feel for what and how.  

 

Puck's about to drop... crossing everything for my boys.... be back later.

 

Whuuu huuuu 9 seconds in and the boys score.....   is it a sign? 

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be in the dark ages i dont know what was changed and after months of trying to put pics in my text i still cant i am totally discouraged  so i just read  other journals and gave up on mine.

Anonymous said...

I myself don't like any of the changes to the way pictures are put in. Seems like you have to go around the world to do what was simple to me. Helen

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

LOL...I'm not liking it really well.  I changed my sidebar but didn't add gifs.  Ugh..I know I'll be confused.  Can't teach this old dog too many new tricks.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

I am glad you figured out how to solve the problem.  Your boys are still up one at the end of the first period.
Sam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

wow sounds like an exciting game. as for the new things on aol I wish they had not lost my captionson my pics. that bugs me I need to let this soak in a bit

Anonymous said...

Don't know if I will like these changes.  Chant doesn't ALWAYS mean improvement.

Krissy  http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good luck for the game.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

AOL sucks! Just leave our journals alone and fix the alerts then we'd all be happy! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

On my welcome screen, I have my nickname.... So that shows up... But yeah, I would be uncomfortable with that, especially iff I am commenting on new journals.... Tawnya

Anonymous said...

I dont like the new way they are  adding our pictures  pictures ,wish they would listen to what we want ,instead of what they think we want ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm LMAO .... I didn't even KNOW there were going to be changes!  See?  You take a few days off and someone sneaks in behind ya'!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That's a great graphic.  I did stop by Joe's journal but found it all too confusing.  I'm not too sure about the changes and especially the pictures but I'm sure I'll get used to it *rolls eyes* LOL

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

I'll check it out. We need animation, it's your best work!

Anonymous said...

It appears no one really likes the changes AOL has made.  All I can hear is David Bowe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Joes Link!
I'm not one to like change, but sometimes
it's not so bad...Hope we get use to these things and actually learn to like them ..hehe
Hugs,
Terri