Sunday, May 13, 2007

~ Beautiful Day ~

               DsDesignsSunnyDay.gif


I hope everyone had a wonderful day!  Mine was spectacular!!  We went to my sisters for breakfast/brunch.  I will explain that I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers.  The house we went to today was 'Grandma' to the kids, my sister Marge.   'Martha' Karen, who lives with me, and my younger sister were there.  My other sister and her husband have actually been in Florida.  They had use of a condo for a week so they took advantage on her 'off' week.  Of course my parents were there, my niece, her husband, nephews, and the kids.  My son, unfortunately, was unable to make it.  He worked a 12 hour overnight shift last night and is working the same this evening.  He did call me though.  We will celebrate another time. 

 

Breakfast was unreal.  So much good food you didn't know where to start.  Baked eggs wish sausage and cheese, polish sausage, bacon, home fries, coffee cake, raisin bread, and waffles with all kinds of toppings.  I ate enough for an army!  Shortly after breakfast my two nephews left to go out on the new boat.  It was a bit chilly but the sun was shining brightly and they wanted to get time in.  After the kitchen was cleaned we retreated to the deck in the backyard.  The sun was beating down so it took the chill out of the air.  We sat and talked as we drank coffee.  Out came the bubbles and we all took turns,  ummmm,  yes blowing.  LOL  I was amazed that my camera was able to capture them along with the iridescent colors.  Home made blue play-do was also a hit. 

 

After having my hair straightened I went out and bought an iron to do it on my own.  I gave it a try yesterday to see how long it would actually take.  I was pleased with the results and when I woke up this morning it was still straight.  YEAH!!  No bed head.  That in itself is going to be a treat.  I normally wash my hair everyday.  Not because it is so dirty but it's wild and I have to 'tame' it.  It took a good 30-45 minutes, which wasn't too bad and surely once I get the hang of it I will be able to do it quicker.  Not the best pictures of me, except for the kisses one.  I will treasure that always, but you will see how straight it actually is. 

 

I didn't clean up the pictures, just resized and framed.  You may or may not notice tires etc in the background of some.  My sister's house backs up into the school yard, not a junk yard.  About 15 years ago a fundraiser was done to build one of those big wooden playgrounds.  It was amazing, castles, slides, tire swings, etc.  It has just been torn down.  It's been said there was arsenic in the treated wood.  If you're curious, here is a link to a story about the wood and a picture of 'a playground', not the one they tore down.  What you're seeing is what has not been carted away.  Another playground will be built shortly.  I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story :)

 

Happy Mother's Day all!

 

Hugs

~d

 

 


30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good fun good eating good visiting day. Glad that you enjoyed your day. Those bubbles really made good pictures. All your pictures were great. Helen

Anonymous said...

I love the slide show how awesome IM so glad you guys all had such a wodnerful day and the day looked sunny too whta  a blessing

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

D, your day sounded great I'm so glad.  The pictures are fantastic.  I'll be honest I watched more then once. hehehe  Absolutley beautiful

Anonymous said...

That is cool!!!! Sounds like you had a good day.... Tawnya

Anonymous said...

i loved the way you did the family photos!  wonderful.  i noticed most had on jackets, sweaters, or long sleeves....it's been in upper 80's here in n. alabama!  told my son today we were going to have a hot summer!
gina

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I am glad you had a good Moms Day and I love the pics.Beatiful.Have a great week.

drfaustuslament

Anonymous said...

I love the look of the flat iron, D.  What a beautiful family you have.  So nice to see some smiling faces.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna wishing you & all mothers a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I enjoy watching your slide show too ... cos get to see you and yr loved ones as well...:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really nice day... for all!  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

your whole family looks alike and you are gorgeous! I love your smile. Looks like a wonderful family day, how AWESOME for you!!
love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a FUN day for everyone! Your hair looks GREAT!  
Pam

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures and its great getting to know your family in this way.   Thanks for sharing and by the way....I like the smooth look....very nice!   Jeanie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great family day Donna. Your hair looks great in the photos, it suits you straight. My favourite one was of you and lil Bug, #23. You gonna have that framed? Couldn't believe how much she had on her plate in the first pic! The bubbles came out well too! Have a great week. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your day with us. By the way you have a brilliant eye for camera. Beautiful pics, I love how you have captured the bubbles. What make is your Camera? Please could you let me know, i am after a new one after mine got damaged, Glad you had a lovely day, pity your son couldnt make it but i am sure he will make it up to you.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

so glad that you all enjoyed you day the photos are great, and I love how you have put them together, thanks for sharing them with us, well done with the irons you did a good job with you hair,
love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

glad to see you had a great day out...that Bug sure can eat huh? Love the hair!!

Michele

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day you had...family is everything...and you have a lovely family.  Your hair and you look great.  I love the style of your hair.  Sounds like the food was good too.  I hope your week ahead is the best...and enjoy!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a lovely surprise at the end of this entry,Great pictures of your delightful family,Your right everyone was having such fun,Donna hasnt your hair grown ?it looks lovely ,you look so much younger....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

awwww i loved the pictures. and your hair looks great. Looks like everyone had a blast with the bubbles. and some were big bubbles too, wow. (((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna, what a nice day you had. I am a sucker for bubbles and resting my eyes.
Bug is getting cuter every day and her brother is growing up nice.
Loved your hair and smile. Who is your dentist. He sure does a great job on your teeth.
Have a great week, Bill

Anonymous said...

I also loved the slide show. Well done. Bill

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Awww, lovely pics babes! Bug is as gorgeous as ever and I love your hair!!!

Sorry for my absence again lately..hehe!

Love ya MB
xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Greatttt slideshow!  Love all the pics...your hair looks great straight...I need to buy me a straightener...the really good ones are $40+  eventually i will get me one...hopefully i will catch it on sale!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

I know it's late, you posted this slideshow long time ago, and I'm just getting caught up on old journal reading.... but this was just way too cute NOT to mention .....   I love it, great pics. and this little girl is adorable!!!  I also really like the pic of you parents walking together, very nice.

Take Care, Donna....
Joann