Tuesday, May 22, 2007

~ Good... Good... and More Good ~

DsDesignsMovingDay1.jpg


:::deep breath::: Let's get caught up, shall we?  The last two days have been marvelous.  I will start with the best news of all.  Today is Tuesday, as you all know.  It's my day with my sister, vanilla shake and all.  Well, I couldn't wait for the news so I called and talked to her daughter mid afternoon.  The results of the recent scan were good.  Tumors are shrinking.  It's a small change but it is a change for the good.  The tears flowed as I let out a hoot, and a holler.  It was great news!  It's not gone, and she has a long way to go but this was positive news.  When I got there today with her shake I grabbed and hugged her as the tears flowed.  Power of prayer, good vibes, and great Dr's.  So thank you and please keep it up :)

 

Mom & Dad are in the new house.  The pictures are not the best, as I grabbed a few shots as we moved and rearranged.  Let me just say they went from a huge house to this.  Did they get rid of anything?  NO!!!!  They moved everything.  I think it's the generation.  As you can see the garage is full, as is the basement.  Thank goodness for the pool table that was left as it worked wonders as a table.  LOL   I won't try to explain the pictures I am pretty sure you will figure out what is what.  There will be lots to be done over the course of the next few weeks as we unpack and get things put away.  Dad is thrilled his PC is set up, but he has DSL and unfortunately the phone company has not got their phone running.  GRRRRRRRR  Mom on the other hand is glad.  It's not like he can do a ton, but he can do and with no Internet he is.  LOL

 

My son, can I just say I am so proud of him.  He has had a few things come up that he needed to take care of.  Since he works odd hours I offered to help with calls and visits.  He was appalled.  'Mom, I am 21 and living on my own.  How would it look if I had mommy do the dirty work?'  I stepped back and lookedhim in the eye.  He was dead serious.  I told him I didn't mind and it would be ok if I did it.  'Mom, I'm an adult, I can take care of it.  I appreciate it, but it's my place.'  I gave him a hug and he limply stood there like I was some jerk.  I backed up and told him though my heart beat a bit harder as I realized he was maturing I also realized he needs me just a bit less.  Standing on his own two feet is much more then just living on his own but handling the adversity that life throws him, and I was so proud of him.  It is a good thing, but I will be honest with all of you, my chest puffed with pride &my heart did a little skip.  It's so hard loosening the apron strings, but boy does it feel good knowing he can handle it and wants to.  My baby has grown up. 

 

Well it's been a busy day and I need to get to bed... hope everyone had a great day and I wish you all a marvelous hump day.

 

Hugs

~d

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased for your sister its great news. As for the moving with EVERYTHING in tow I do the same lol.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna, that's fantastic news about your sister, I know she has a way to go but at least she's pointing in the right direction! Give her a hug from me on your next vanilla milk shake day! I love your mum and dad's house, funny how it's so hard to get rid of your life's clutter! I'm the same, I've got stuff you wouldn't believe tucked away, I often try to get rid but so much just stays with me! Your son sounds like he's been brought up well and is able to take care of himself, it's nice to hear that. There are so many young adults around who willingly offload their responsibilities on to their parents. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

LOL at your dad and the internet.  The house is really a nice one.  Hope they get settled soon.  Whoo hoo with the news about your sister.  I'm still praying for continud good news.

D, WTG to your son!  He's very mature for being 21.  There are many older than that who won't stand on their own two feet and have their parents doing all sorts of things that they should be doing.  Be proud!

Sounds like a great day finally for you!  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

your son is great. thats a nice house and lloks like they will be all set.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you folks got moved in and that your Son is so mature!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna so pleased to hear that your sister didnt get bad news the Prayers will continue , and the candle ,and Pleased too  that the move went well  lol at your Dad ,thankyou for the pictures ,I know how you feel about your son ,but hey you ,job well done ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yeahhhhhhhh for shrinking tumor.
thanking the Good Lord for answered prayers.
Your right about the small step but its steps
forward. It's great to have a good day.
I will continue my prayers and thanksgiving for
your sister, yourself and entire family.

I like your parents new house to.

sigh and I felt bad for you on Sat during that hockey game.

your the best ~d

Anonymous said...

Donna
Glad you have had good news about your sister's test results.  Really, Really good news!  Your Mom and Dad's house looks nice and I know how much they must have appreciated you kids stepping in and helping them through this transition.  So, Steve has grown up and is standing on his own two feet.  You have a right to be proud of him.
Sam

Anonymous said...

So, so, so glad to hear of your sister's good news ... and by extension, yours.  Continued prayers and good thoughts her way.

I love that my oldest is old enough to handle her calls, her appointments her every day stuff.  At first I was melancholy when she told me 'Mom, I can handle this.' But then I realized that at some point, you really do have to let go.  :::sigh:::  I wouldn't go back to diaper bags for anything, but I do miss those early years.  LOL

Anonymous said...

Great news about your sister, Donna, you must be so relieved.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good morning Donna,

You son certainly is a wise young man.  You did a great job raising him to have such wonderful ethics.  I hope your parents will be happy in their new home.  What wonderful news about your sister, I'm keeping her in my prayers, as always.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Such good news to read and i am so glad for you and your sister and family. What a moment with your son.....he was raised right by a good mom!
Love you
lj

Anonymous said...

 How wonderful about the good news.   Yah.  I love moving but hate packing and unpacking.

             Julie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day all over. So happy to hear the news of your sister - Praise God! Love the graphic of your parents home - Very creative!  It's hard letting them go, it's even harder knowing that it's time.  I hope your tomorrow brings lots of smiles! Have a Happy One!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the news is good about your sis. Lol at your son. I hope he enjoys his new found freedom
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

Great news about your sister...wonderful...enjoy those shakes...yum!
Hope your week goes well...you always sound so busy...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

A busy, but GOOD day..  I'm very happy for you and your sister..  Take good care - Julie :)  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! for your sister, and even for your son:)   (But, he still needs you, just differently.)  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh that is wonderful news!  I am thrilled about the news of your sister.  Your son sounds like a great kid and it's apparent he has a great mom.  Be proud!  Parents house looks nice, very nice.

Anonymous said...

I hope they like their new abode.  It is funny though, that they could hardly bear to throw anything away!  Or move without it.  Oh well, paring down takes time  I moved so many times I could eventually throw what I was going to take in a little VW and get rid of the rest.  That takes a hardened heart.  I couldn't do it now for sure!   Gerry  

Anonymous said...

Aww... your baby has grown up... tears here.  AND, with joy for your sis!!!  Yay!  More PRAYERS on the way!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Great news for your sis =)  
Keeping her in my prayers always!
Glad your mom and dad are moved in,
it does come from the generation because it reminds
me so much of how my grandma was (a pack rat)..my husband calls me the same...hahaha  I said hey i got it honest!
I'm getting better and getting rid of things here and there =)
Awww, your son is all grown up...I know that must be hard...but you must me so proud of him and I know you are!!!

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

So happy for your sister!!  God is good!!!  Congrats to your parents on the new home!!  And to your son for handling his own!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Awesome news about your sis!  Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, Not been about in J~land  these past few weeks due to being ill myself,  

Brilliant news about your sister, I am so pleased for her, sat here crying tears of joy for you both, I must go and light a candle for her as I have been slipping with those aswell, I tried to light one everyday for both of you, hope that you both forgive me,
Love Lynne xx