Saturday, May 26, 2007

~ SaturDay ~

                 DsDesignsZindySongofthewind.gif


It's hard to believe the day is over and it is now technically Sunday.  As I sit here I realize just how much I did accomplish, though it didn't feel like it until I sat down to write.  I will try not to bore with you all the details. 

 

As you've already seen I did a few snags.  They were pretty easy and rather quick.  Hope I didn't piss anyone off with alerts.  Ya know, now that they are working and all.  Or so it seems.  I've heard a few say they still don't have them.  I bet you're saying, lucky for them.  ::evil grin::

 

Did a little grocery shopping today.  I pulled into the plaza that houses the store I go to for 'quick pick me ups', and found they were having a little carnival.  Rides, junk food, and games.  I actually knew it was going on as it's a yearly thing over Memorial Day but I forgot.  I shuddered when I pulled in wondering how far away I'd have to park.  I was lucky I got within a couple spots of the door, even though it was zoo.  Timing is everything and a car was pulling out as I made my way down that aisle.   I got out of my car and was overwhelmed with the smell of summer fairs.  Peppers and onions for the sausage, hot dogs, popcorn, and the ever craved fried dough with powder sugar or cinnamon.  It tickled my nostrils and made my tummy growl.  Or was it a gurgle from the thought of grease?  One bad thing to do... go shopping when hungry!  I was good while in the store and picked up only what I needed.  Ok, I will fess up, I bought a 5lb bag hot dogs.  The smell outside got me and it's been so long since I had one I thought it would make for a quick dinner.  For all the cars outside the store was pretty empty.  I checked out within minutes and headed back to my car to unload my loot.  As I stood at my trunk putting bags in, cars were driving down the aislesmuch faster then they should.  I heard a little squeal 'Mommy' and out of the corner of my eye I saw a toddler, no older then 4 come darting between cars.  I dropped my bag, and grabbed her around the chest, seconds away from her darting out into the aisle and a passing car.  She screamed help, no doubt thinking I was going to steal her, and I shook.  I set her down and let her know she needs to be more careful.  I looked around.  Where was Mommy anyway?   Could it be that woman nonchalantly walking back towards this little girl?  Oh yes it was.  No worry, no anything.  'Sara I told you to wait I'd be right back'  She grabbed little Sara's hand and walked away.  Not a thank you, not a second look.  Not that it matters much to me, but I did say a little prayer for that child.  How could Mom be so careless with that precious gift?

 

Did some more browsing for new bedding etc and had no luck.  I found a few things I liked, but I'm picky.  I don't want flowers, and I don't want manly.  LOL  I've always gone with 'easy to care for' because of my cat, but since she's gone :( I have more choices.  Just couldn't decide.  When you aren't looking everything jumps at you, when you are nothing will do.  GRRR  So maybe I don't get that done this weekend.  It's my room and I want what I want.  I want it comfy, homey, and soothing.  Soft to the touch and eye.  Refreshing and light.  Why is that so hard to find? 

 

Did have some of those hot dogs for dinner, along with potatoes', beans, and salad.  It tasted like summer.  The smell of the hot dogs cooking as their skin ripped and the meat got hot.  The butter melting over the hot spuds, and the salad dressing with its sweet vinegar.  Paper plates too!  I stood at the kitchen sink washing up the glasses and silverware and went back to a day long ago.  My son was 7 at best.  I had the day off my from my job and was watching my 2 nephews, Eric and Jeff.  The  department I worked in was off in a side area of the building and since it was pay day I took all three kids with me to get my check.  I stopped in my department and said hello to the part of the staff that wasn't gone to lunch.  I left the kids there as everyone knew them and went to the main office.  When I arrived back in the department several girls had come back from their lunch.  We did our pleasantries and I asked what they had for lunch.  Lisa replied, 'lips and assholes.'  I was shocked and slightly scolded her for the language in front of the children.  Everyone laughed.  She proceeded to tell me that my nephew, Jeff, who was about 8 or so had told her that is what they are called.  Apparently when she told him what she had he responded with, 'my father says hot dogs are made of lips and assholes.  My father is pretty funny, he's John Candy.'  Something from a movie he was in I'm sure.  Jeff to this day can still recite a good portion of most movies he has seen.  I laughed so hard then and started laughing again this evening as I thought about my dinner.  How can something so gross hit the spot on a warm summer day?  Hmmmm anyone having hot dogs at their cook out for the Holiday?  :::giggle::: enjoy and remember....... lips and assholes.

 

This turned into a much longer entry then planned.  My mind went wandering and fingers went clicking, and I sit here chuckling again.  Artwork used for the tag http://zindy.zone.dk/ ,  snaggable as is if you like.  I do hope everyone had a great Saturday to be followed by a wonderful Sunday. 

 

Hugs

~d

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story ,reminded me of when I was at work ,a resident telling me they kept a pig ,to fatten then slaughter for food ,and they would eat everything ,except the squeak! ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the memories, my bedroom is done out in blood red and Ivory and I just love it hope you find the right thing for yours.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

thank GOD  you were there fr that little girl. that is so good and I cant belvie that mom did not thank ou one bit!!!!!!!IT AMAZES ME HOW PEOPLE CAN BE WITH THIER KIDS.

I really think that was a cute story about the hot dogs lol KIDS they do say the darmded things lol

Anonymous said...

you certainly was Sara's guardian angel for that moment.
I'll thank you for what you did.
Now you got me wanting hotdog on a grill and its only 8:16am
but I will get one before tomorrow ends LOL
enjoy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wind graphic...so reallife.
I know what you mean about the smells of summer getting to you...it is that time of the year...I walk out...smell grills cooking everywhere...the smells, drive me right to the store...doing the same thing you did.  Hope your Memorial Day holiday is the best...as you are....many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow, how you can tell a simple story and get someone involved in it, once again great!  I could smell the hot dogs cooking, only it's pouring down rain here and doesn't feel much like holiday.  I know what you mean about people watching their kids, I see it every day in retail, makes you wonder if they ever watch the news.  Have a great day!  Joni

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Bless you for protecting that little girl!  I have a 3 yr old and that is my constant worry in parking lots!  If I was the mother of that little girl, I would have thanked you all day long!  Enjoy your holiday!!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE lips and assholes!  Especially on the grill!  

I'm sure God's assigned a special guardian angel to that little girl.  That's how you came to save her.  Unfortunately I see "mothers" like that a lot.  I end up thinking about those kids for hours afterwards...

Anonymous said...

Cute snag!

Very cute story too :) It made me laugh!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

D, I knew you were an angel!  Some folks don't deserve children.  I laughed as I read about lips and assholes.  Guess what I had for dinner?  HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Your restraint in not going for the carnival food is admirable.  I would not have been so strong, LOL.  Glad you were there to keep the little girl in the parking lot from harm.  Moma may not have said anything out of embarassment, or maybe ignorance, who knows?  
Sam

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giggle about lips and assholes!  My hubby also says that! :)
Nancy

Anonymous said...

LMAO, about the lips and assholes thing. My Dad use to say that too. I don't care, I love a good Oscar Meyer (beef). Wow, how rude that woman was not even saying thank you. I'm glad that lil girl had you there to save her. I love the above graphic and seeing the trees moving. That is so awesome. Have a wonderful day and an even better week. ((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Love ya,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

That is terrible that mother didn't care about her child and didn't even say anything to you.  Alerts are definitely back and working I have 95 outstanding arrrhhhh!!  LOL

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact i did have lips and assholes over the weekend...LMAO!   Ewwww...lol
Hugs,
Terri