Saturday, May 19, 2007

~ Saturday Night - Moon & Venus ~


The day started on a fairly good note.  It was nice out and I was working a graphic of 'bug.'  How could that face not cheer up even the saddest of souls?  I did some normal Saturday chores and I got ready for the boys.  I get a nervous twitch and part way through the game I have to do something.  Still with in ear and eyeshot, but something else to help me not lose my mind.  Log on and play around on message boards, respond to mail, read some journals.  It did not turn out the way I wanted or had hoped but these guys can hold their heads high.  They went out with a fight and that is what counted.  Oh, Danny I saw Christopher and OUCH!!!!  Poor guy, if you're gonna get banged up like that a win would be nice.  My sister called to ask if my flag on my car was at half mast.  We got a good chuckle.  It is still there and will stay for a bit.  I will remove all the symbols of my boys when I go thru the car wash and prepare for next year.  Ohhh it's going to be a looooooooong off season!!  She did have a nice day and is feeling good.  We are looking forward to some good news on Tuesday.  I could use it!  She sends her thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. 

 

Some journals were boasting the Moon and Venus, which could be seen this evening.  I was a bit bummed as the clouds had started to roll in and I didn't think I'd be able to get a shot.  How wrong I was.  As I talked to my sister I looked out my back window and there it was.  Shining brightly with a little haze.  I told her what was up and ran to get the camera and tripod.  She asked if I was going to howl at the moon or put Bug in a picture.  Outside I went.  Snap, snap, snap.  Some came out blurry, some had too much haze, but as you see I was able to grab a few shots.  I got a few as darkness fell.  The earlier ones you can actually see the shadowed outline of the entire moon.   The larger dark one is not on zoom or anything and you barely see Venus, but let me tell you with the naked eye you could.  Haveyou looked out the window to get a peek?  Some of our friends across the pond got shots too.  Guido over at Northern Trip and Jan at Serendipity.  By all means if you have shots post a link so we can all see.   

 

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I can wake up happy without looking over my shoulder.  I wish you all a great Sunday!

 

Hugs

~d

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went outside.... WOW!!!  What BRIGHTNESS!!!  LOL!!  Wish I had son's camera... maybe later, when he gets home from work!!!  Great pics you got!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at the stars before I sat down here. I hope you have a great weekend. I stopped by your other journal and it's now private?

Gab

http://hauntedhomeblog.easternparanormal.com/

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad at the moment. I was a bit behind on your Journal and did not realise all the trouble you have had before i has asked your advice on my problem. I love both your journals and i am so sad to see you have  deleted the graphics one. What is Jland coming to? What ever it is i do not like it. Jland is not the happy place it was 12 months back. I feel like packing it in and forgetting about jland but i have made some wonderful friends and i want to be there for them as they have been there for me
love and hugs
Kaie

Anonymous said...

Fantastic to think we are all these miles apart and are looking at the same moon and venus ,your shots are awsome ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Great tag. Glad to hear your sister is doing well. Love you
lj

Anonymous said...

We are still in the rain zone, so no moon and venus for us yet.  So sorry about the Sabres.  They put up a good fight and should be proud of thier efforts!  Linda

Anonymous said...

ah those are some great shots. and the graphic is good too. I do hope today is better

Anonymous said...

Your shots of the Moon and Venus are beautiful! I'm sorry your boys lost last night but at least they went out fighting. Let's hope next season will see them doing better. I'm praying and crossing fingers, toes, legs etc that your sister will get good results on Tuesday. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  




 





Anonymous said...

Nice shots D!  We didn't get to see this time ... too much rain and cloud cover.  Dang.  Thanks for getting the pictures we couldn't.  :)

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome shots. I love how you made the graphic. You are so good at graphics. I am happy to hear your sister feels good. I hope and pray and have fingers and toes crossed for tuesday that she gets good news. I've been keeping a candle burning for her. ((((((((hugs))))))))))
Love ya my friend,
Cindy xoxo

Anonymous said...

Nice graphics, great quote & how you presented it.
Ü  Marie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics you got...hope you have a relaxing Sunday!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Those are great shots. You did good. I did see the circle but you have to look closely and imagine the circle in my pictures LOL. I got irritated because the circle would not show up in mine. I read somewhere that the circle was the reflection of the sun. I dunno though. Have a nice afternoon. Helen

Anonymous said...

You did get some wonderful shots, D.  I love what you did with them.  We had so much cloud cover here that there wasn't a glimpse.  It was beautiful most of the day before the clouds and heavy rain moved in.  Hope you have a great Sunday!  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You captured it - This graphic is wonderful!!! Great job!  You should be extremely proud of the BOYS as I know you are - they put up a tough fight!  Hope the news on Tuesdays brings warmth and smiles to ones heart! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

D, these shots are fabulous.  You've captured the true essence and how you put this together is out of this world, no pun intended.  You are remarkable.  I know you hurt deep down but taking the higher road and carrying on shows your inner strength and your beauty shines.  Keep it up, your character is glowing!  

PS Drury looked sore most definitely!

Anonymous said...

Great shots!  That is so cool

Hugs..
Terri

Anonymous said...

Donna
Nice arrangement of the pictures of Venus and the Moon.  I missed it, so I am glad to see a few pictures of the event.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic arrangement you put together...truly enjoyed it.  I know Helen had a great entry on the subject too.  Hope you have a great week...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

We took some pics of the moon and venus but they didn't come out as good as yours! : )  God, I have been away too long.