Sunday, May 20, 2007

~ And The Beat Goes On ~


Ever hear a song or saying that sticks in your head for days?  The kind you repeat without even knowing it, in a flash you realize you are singing or humming?  It doesn't matter what you do it keeps creeping back.  You hear a funny story and hours later you crack up because it comes to the forefront again.  Doesn't seem to matter where you are, the laughter just comes.  Today I've heard so many sayings and cliches that just keep beating on my brain.  Some make me laugh, some make giggle, some just make me stop and stand still, lets forget about the ones that bring tears.  I  was on the phone earlier with my Mother and I heard myself repeat a few.  I think my eyes about popped out of my head.  Huh?  'Why did I say that?'  Her response, 'I don't know, why did you?'  We'd both laugh.  Not a normal saying of mine, but somehow I think it has become part of my vocabulary. 

 

I remember when I first starting reading Ste's journal and then we started to talk.  He would say things and more often then I care to admit I had to ask what that meant.  How come he knew my slang but I had no clue about his.  'American TV'  he'd answer.  I was so proud when I talked to his Mum, most of her sayings I already knew and I felt smart :)  Several chats, mails, IM's and journal entries later I was at work and found myself using terms of theirs.   Some terms came to mind, but I didn't use them as I was afraid I would use them out of context.  Hmmmm someone here in my neck of the woods would know?  With my luck, yes.  Anyway, if I remembered I'd ask him the next time.  Co-workers on occasion would look at me with a puzzled look on their face.  'What?  Is my hair sticking up?  Do I have something in my teeth?'  A smile would ensue and they'd ask, 'what the hell does that mean?'   Then it was I who had the puzzled look.  I didn't even realize what I had said.  I'd laugh, explain and generally walk away humming or singing a slightly edited version of a once semi popular song   'I'm turning Britanese I think I'm turning Britanese I really think so Turning Britanese.'

 

So why do I bring this all up?  Pretty stupid actually.  I got an itch.  I needed and wanted to do graphics.  So I found a picture of mine, found an old tutorial for a frame that I had gotten and did a huge edit job.  I tore some of the tutorial apart and did what I wanted, so I'd have the effect I wanted.  Well somewhat anyway.  Normally you find the brick on the outside of a window not on the inside, but today who gives a shit? I actually like it.  When I first started working, the song 'The Beat Goes On' came on.   That was hours ago and it is still beating on my brain.  The beat sure does go on, kind of like my day.  When I sat down to do my entry that song was screaming in my head.  I thought if I sang something else it would go away.  So what did I pick?  'I'm turning Britanese.'  LOL  Now lets just say I have some hodge podge of a song running thru my head and it isn't pretty.  Yet, when I wrote the title of the entry it was 'The Beat Goes On'....   there you have it.  I've totally lost all my marbles!!  Ahh but it's Sunday. 

 

This is going to be a busy week.  Back to work tomorrow and then it will consist of packing and moving in the evening hours.  My parents close on their new house tomorrow.  Their house has been on the market for a bit and I can't remember if I even mentioned it.  Either way the big day is tomorrow.  The object was to get something a bit smaller.  Yeah, right!  It's about the same size but there is only one bedroom upstairs and it's like a suite.  My younger sister will get that.  My Dad has several health issues and stairs are not something any of us want to see him do, so it's perfect.   There is a master bedroom on the main floor.  The other was added on above the garage after the fact.  The backyard is no where near what they had but there is a built in pool.  Yeah!!  My Dad loves to swim but has avoided it quite a bit at my sisters because of the difficulty climbing up the ladder to the deck.  The wide cement steps into this will be perfect.  Oh, and my brother, he will be pool boy!  LMAO  Might just pay for his room and board.  NOT!  That's another story for another day.  We wanted them to go into a condo or apartment, but they are stubborn, and my Dad likes to putter around the yard.  He is not ready to give that up.  So something smaller and more manageable will be good.  I will try to get pictures and share.  You know me and my collages. 

 

OMG!!  I just rambled on about two chapters short of a book.  Sorry.  My boring life.......  I did do a graphic for the upcoming holiday here in the States.  I have no idea about those drums so I say if you want it snag at your own risk.  Hope everyone had a great weekend and I wish a pleasant week for you all. 

 

Hugs

~d

 

                    DsDesignsUnitedWeStand.gif

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE YOUR GRAPHICS  that is cool what you did with the brick. that other one is neat too. I hate when I get a song vover and over again in my head and I even start singing daily stuff to it also

Anonymous said...

So glad to see some graphics up again, D!  I'm still toying around with a couple I had done.  Do I or don't I?  Ugh...  LOL...now you know that song will be in my head non-stop.  

Can't wait to see the collage of your parent's home.  My dad had an inground pool.  My mom filled it in when he died :(  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Love the patriot tag!!! As well as the others..glad you decide to stay and continue to put out tags!  Hope you had a good weekend!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

aww i love the new graphic!! Great work! That is so funny about the song ... who has not had that happen to them! Keep your head high!! :)

Theresa

Anonymous said...

I love that patriotic tag!!!!!!! Beautiful as always...
love ya,
carlene
p.s.
I did snag it and I WILL use it !!!

Anonymous said...

I love your patriotic tag, we have a holiday next Monday, I think it's called the Spring Bank Holiday, don't ask why!! It's been more like winter here. I hope your parents move goes well tomorrow Sounds like a lovely house and I know your dad will never be out of the pool! Nice to see you back posting graphics, I knew you wouldn't be able to keep away and all the time you post them we'll be snagging! Lol! Have a lovely week. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

It still bought back memories...Ü  
This explains alot....good luck with the move.  
Marie

Anonymous said...

Love both graphics.... snagging and using the drums.... 4th of July!!?
I've heard that when you get a song in your head that won't leave, you're supposed to sing the song through to the very end... the END of the song is what's supposed to close it out of your brain... not sure if it works, let me know... LOL!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

i love both tags and will use them. thank you!
I am glad to hear your parents will move to a home that is more accessible for them, good for them!! Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

You definitely have the rhythm- So let "That Beat Go On" Love that you still have that passion that makes everyone smile ;o)!  Hope the days of your week ahead are happy ones!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!  Can I just say you amaze me.  From your inner soul you pull out an entry like this.  All the pain, hurt, and uncertainty and you create one hell of a graphic from your picture.  You follow it up with an entry to invoke so much thought into ones memories or habits.  You are truly remarkable!  I enjoy your graphics, but I truly love your writing.  You said you have no intentions of stopping and I hope you don't.  You always bring a smile and chuckle.  Britanese  HAHAHA  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

So am I Britaneze? thats a new one ! actually now you have me singing it ,And just another brick in the wall ,after looking at the lovely Sunday one ,great entry Donna,I will look forward to seeing pictures of your Mum and Dads new home ,dont envy them the actual move though ,still Im sure you will all help ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

oh no now I am going to have the beat goes on in my head all day lol. love the sunset.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it Armed Forces Day? Have a good week, Donna - and you've demonstrated that you still will do tags & snags :-D)))

Anonymous said...

I like that graphic. We have one brick wall inside our home where it used to be a carport and another carport was added outside it. I have debated about painting it white but so far it's just the original color, a mixture of dark red/maroon and dark grey brick. I hate it when a song keeps going through my mind all day long LOL. I hope your parents like their new home. congrats to them. Have a nice day. Helen

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Snag'N this for sure. Hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your parents with their moving :-)  Nice to see you doing some graphics xx  LOL I like the words you've changed to that song.  That's funny.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh how your graphics have been missed =)
You are the shit Donna, you know that...hehe
I love love love the colors in the top graphic...
Great job girlie...Thanks!  
Can't wait to see pics and your collages!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I snagged it, and I love it. I sometimes get some crazy song in my head that I have no idea what the rest of the words are. It is called, Frog went a courting and he did ride. That's the only words I can remember of that darn song, lol. (((((((hugs))))))))
Love ya,
Cindy xoxo

ps. I lit another candle. praying for good news about your sis.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna
You parents new house sounds perfect for them.  I hope the move and the transitioninto the new place goes smoothly for all.  I'm glad to see that you are still doodling around with the occasional graphic.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed getting caught up...never boring here.  I hope all went well at your parents closing...big day for them...and packing...hate it.  Not my favorite thing...have a great week...hugs and love,
Joyce