Saturday, May 5, 2007

~ Saturday Night ~

So technically it is Sunday morning.  Just got busy doing a few things after the party and next thing I know it's late.   The evening was a good one.  I picked up my son and his girlfriend and we headed off to the restaurant.  There were already about 30 people there, and as we found a seat several more showed up.  It was basically just a get together for family and some main contributors to the benefit.   No major menu items, just pizza and wings.  It was nice because these are the folks that were so busy during the benefit you didn't have time to talk.  We mingled, ate, and mingled some more.   Lots and lots of laughs, smiles, and only a few tears.  We did have a photo session.  Unfortunately the person who used my camera to get shots with me in them needs lessons.  Either they were extremely blurry because they tried to zoom in too much, they moved, or they asked me a question and proceeded to snap the shot as I answered.  I get so disappointed, but what are you going to do?  It's not so much 'my picture' but tonight we had family shots and not one came out!  Grrrr  I hope one of the many other cameras were able to get a good shot.   Near the end of the night my niece grabbed the camera and got this shot.  It's not the best, but it's here.  I figured after my earlier post I better put something up.  The angle isn't the best for my hair, and if you don't realize how wild my hair normally is you may not even notice how straight it is.  Believe me when I say it's straight in comparison.  I got a million compliments and my one sister told me I looked 10 years younger.   Guess where I'm going tomorrow!?!  LOL  I'm amazed at how soft it feels.  It is almost like I have someone else's hair on my head.   No one at there this evening actually won any of the prizes, but it was exciting to make the phone call and let the winner know.  The prizes were a week in Hilton Head- condo on the beach that accommodates 8,  a weekend in NYC with a Broadway show, and a 34" flat screen TV.  Nice prizes if you ask me.  Ok, so you didn't ask :)~

 

Had some snags I was going to post, but I'm too tired to mess with them.  I will get them up tomorrow.  I need rest.  Hope everyone had a great Saturday!

 

Hugs

~d

 

         DsDesigns5-5-07.jpg

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww such a shame the pics didn't turn out well Donna.It's realy annoying and especially as you say when it is family too.I am happy everyone enjoyed the party though.Your hair does look realy nice and I think straighter hair and when it is worn down.Does make us look younger.I wear mine pinned up lots,but when I wear it down folks always tell me it makes me look younger so I don't realy know why this is? I prefer mine fastened up,I cannot stand it in my neck.Then again I don't like short hair either for myself.It's a wonderful Photo of you all.Have a lovely Sunday.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

i am glad you had a great time with family and friends and i love the pic of the three of you. You look great!
XO lj

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the pics didn't turn out too good Donna, I love the one you posted though! I'm glad the evening went well for the benefit. Is that the Hilton Head in SC? I saw it on Sam's navigation map, it's very close to Savannah. Have a good and restful Sunday. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

You look grrrreat!   And so do your family.  Those were fabulous prizes to win too. What a good idea arranging a 'get-together' for all the contributers.  Nice seeing you in the flesh so to speak too.  Now I can see you in my minds eye when I read your entries.  Excellent!   Happy Sunday to you too.  
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you look great!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Going backwards here to catch up some.  What a good time you all had...love the photo...all of you look great.  Wings and pizza is a good meal to me!
Hope you can get some rest...look forward to your snags when they come up...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

you are beautiful and that smile is awesome too. of curse your son a nd his girlfrined are tooa nd sounds like a wonderful time

Anonymous said...

Donna
The evening sounded like a fun one with family and friends.  I'd love to have won the weekend in NYC with a Broadway show!  Sorry the pics on your camera didn't turn out very well, but the pic of you in your new "Do" Looks great!  I can see why you like your hair this way.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great and those prizes wow nice.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry the other pics were out of focus, this one is adorable. Glad to hear your night went well, wish you could of one at least one of the prises though, actually you did! Have a wonderful week ahead!

Anonymous said...

not too bad haha

Anonymous said...

See it stayed straight & looks great....Glad you had a good time last nite..

Michele

Anonymous said...

the party is just like chinese party, except the food of course. a number of family  relative and friends  meet eachother.  in china, the party is held only a few times
a year. cause everyone is busy, they havenot enough effort to hold a party.
a warm family~~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictiure~
Ü

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great pic!!!  glad you had fun!!!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love the picture and yes you do look young ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pic D! You look stunning babes!
I haven't been here for aaages. I'm so sorry.

This is my new email addy. I've explained everything in my new journal. Can you pimp me to your readers please, 'cos most of my readers found me through you..lol!

The addy is: http://journals.aol.co.uk/steviemoore83/the-new-life-of-stevie/

Thanks babes...It's good to be back.

Love ya
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!  You are stunning no doubt about it.  Your son looks like you, you will never be able to deny him, and of course will never want to.  His girl is very pretty.  Looks like someone but can't think of who.  

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great, dahling . . . Nice to take the plunge and change it now and then.  Gosh, I still remember the time I got my hair permed, and the cat didn't recognize me. Well, until I called her name. Then she was her usual cantankerous self, lol.

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks really nice :-)  Glad you had a good time xx

Jenny

Anonymous said...

I love the pic, and your hair looks just beautiful. Sorry I am so behind in alerts. It's been a busy weekend for me. Hope your having a nice evening. ((((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Your hair does look really good! ;-)

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

Great pic....It looks really good Donna =)
Hugs,
Terri