Saturday, May 5, 2007

~ ROFLMAO ~

            DsDesignsDiva.gif


I actually made this tag for someone the other day, thought I'd share it.  I always said a 'diva' is the attitude not necessarily the look.  I've watched and heard of women spending a small fortune for the 'look'.  Do they not know they are born not made?     With that said I just got back from the salon.  I needed something done with my hair!  When I had my hair braided for my nieces wedding she trimmed the bangs after the rest of my hair was done.  I knew then I needed to get back but time got away from me.  Then news about my sister, helping with the benefit, play off hockey.  I just ran out of time.  I found myself pulling it up more and more and it looked like hell.  It was so heavy from the length my curls were just wild.   The other day I pulled it up and looked really light.  Oh, not highlights.  Those pesky you know what's were peaking through.   Yes, I mean the grays!  There,  you happy?  I said it!    :)~

 

I sit in the chair and we decide on a color.  I never do anything drastic, always pretty close to my natural color.  We get all done and I go to the chair for my cut.  'What would you like?'  I look in the mirror at her 'I have no idea.  Do I cut it all off?  Trim it? Shape it?  What?'   We decided we'd just trim and shape a bit so my curls would do their thing with out being weighed down.  She left it long enough so I could pull it up if need be or the desire was there.  Yacking and yacking one thing led to another.  I told her I'd never seen my hair straight.  It was always wild, and got even more wild after my chemo so many years ago.   'Let's flat iron it'   I laughed, but said what they hell.  I have a dinner/party this evening for my sister.  The drawing for the big raffle is taking place.  So here I sit with a new do.  I'd never do this as I am a wash and go type girl.  Put a little gel in, run my fingers through and hope for the best.  LOL  Blow drying and using an iron would mean getting moving oh so much earlier.  NOT!   I stopped at my parents before coming home.  I walked in the front door and at the end of the hall is her kitchen.  Everyone was sitting at the table having lunch.  They all looked but said very little.  When I said 'hey, what's up' they laughed.  They didn't realize it was me.  ROFL.   Should be fun tonight!   Maybe will have pictures, we'll see.  I can't believe it will stay straight for much longer, we'll see... and maybe you will too.  Like ya care. 

 

Got a few more things to do before I get moving and go.  Hope everyone is enjoying their day. It is beautiful here!!!

 

Hugs

~d

 

            DsDesignsTwinkleTwinkle.gif

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol my husband didn't recognise me the first time I dyed my hair, I went from honey blonde to deep burgandy and will never go back. Even my sisters say it suits me better than my natural colour. Go on gives us a pic let us all see.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

oh my my girl you better have pics of your hair!!!!!!! we need mor epics of you I love your smile

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see the pictures of your hair like that! What fun!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Its funny you saying that a couple of weeks ago i had my curls straightend and it lasted all but an hour i looked in the mirror and i saw a stranger. But at least i saw my self differently no im a wet and gel girl and thats the way i like it. I am sure your hair do makes you look very glam and you will probably have a good laugh with peoples reactions to you. i hope the meal goes ok
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

I died my hair in January.  it said on the box it was a warm brown.   It was burgundy!  Everybody in my Beginner's Writing Class took a double take as last time they saw me I was grey haired.  They were very polite and made no comment.  I felt like I had given myself an electric blue rinse...Lol!
Let's see some photos of your new style soon.   Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Honey, I just know you look fantastic!  I am also pleased to be able to report to you that YES, it WILL LAST until tomorrow.  I'm not much into hair torture either, but my flat iron is my new best friend. At least it cuts down on time.  I can blow out w/o spending an hour trying to get the curls under control with a roundbrush.  Then I just iron the very top and underneath, resulting in lovely waves w/o the frizz.

YAYYYYYYY


Hope you have fun!

Andi

Anonymous said...

Why not try different things.  Obviously changing your hair made you happy and put you in a very good mood.  Have a nice weekend.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic...haven't seen the Hair dryer brat come through yet...LOL..cute!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Donna,  I'd love to see your hair straight! Wow! What a big difference! :o) I bet it feels good to have a new doo! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Donna
I cannot believe you wrote this whole entry about your new "Do" and you did not show us a picture of it.  Well, lawsy me!  Would love to see a shot of it.
Sam

Anonymous said...

i hope you and your family have had a wonderful evening. i KNOW you look great in your new hairdo, i hope you post a pic!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I bet the new do looks great...I bet it stayed straight all nite!!

OK-Now where's the picture?

Michele

Anonymous said...

Yayyy, if the family didn't recognize ya, it had to be awesome. Maybe treat us to a peek, will ya?

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Well, since I went backwards, I think your hair looks great!  You reminded me it is time to highlight mine.  Have an awesome weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

As a hair dresser I used to love to watch the changes we could make for someone.  I bet your hair looks great! Did you like it straightened? It's always safe to stay with what your comfortable with and that alone can make all the difference in the world. Hope your night was a happy one!

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, the dreaded curling iron - my oldest daughter's best friend, and my worst nightmare. She almost burned the house down twice, when she forgot to turn the darn thing off. Thank goodness I gave her a heavy duty pot holder to let it cool off on now, and the new one she has comes with a heavy plug that reminds her if she hasn't unplugged it. I'm the only one who likes her with her curls, but of course she pays the price in her own time, fiddling with her hair every morning. Alas, she is still young. I haven't taken the plunge to dye my hair yet, but when I do, I want to keep my natural brunette. Not very brave on changing at my age. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Family and friends getting together should always be fun.  I'm glad you're looking forward to it.  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow can't wait to see what your hair looks like :-)  A change helps to keep the mood young sometimes I find.

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I wanna see your hair!
I bet it looks cute!
I need something done with mine so bad,
haven't been since Oct. terrible i know..lol
Hugs,
Terri